Box Software Engineer Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Intern

5.0
Box Co-founder & CEO Aaron Levie
Aaron Levie

Pros
  • Flexible schedules, high salaries, unlimited vacation, free food and shuttles (in 24 reviews)

• Great culture and the pay is great (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees need to be careful not to let the excitement of the place interfere with their work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

• in "adolescent" period in the corporate sense, still having a few growing pains (in 12 reviews)

1. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Los Altos, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Box as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, everyone is very friendly and eager to share their knowledge. I was treated equally as a full-time engineer. I was told on day one that I could do any work on the table, not just the intern projects. I ended up doing 2 major projects and a handful of feature developments and bug fixings here and there. I truly enjoyed this internship and learnt a lot.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

Box Response

Sep 15, 2015 – Recruiting Ops

Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great internship experience at Box!

"Great!"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern - Sync in Los Altos, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern - Sync in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Box as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The most exciting time to be at Box: it's growing fast, gearing up for an IPO, but still small enough that the startup spirit is still there, and that you get to see the higher-level execs often. Charismatic CEO & CFO (Aaron Levie and Dylan Smith, the early founders) and COO (Dan Levin). Great collaboration between teams and across services in the company, and a lot of space to make your ideas heard.

Cons

Because it grew so fast, there is a lot of technical debt, a lot of things to fix, and, overall, a lot of work. Risk that the startup culture will gradually fade away. Food could be better, and the building is starting to feel small again.

Advice to Management

My manager was great!