BoxTone Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BoxTone CEO Alan Snyder
Alan Snyder

1. "Great place to work! Brilliant people lead by a fantastic management team."

Pros

You get to work with a lot of smart people who are highly focused. Everyone seems to get along well and management really respects their employees.

Cons

There are a few people that never listen to anyone and think they are smarter than everyone else. It sometimes feels like no one listens to your suggestions.

Advice to Management

Listen to all of your employees, not just a few of them. In general you guys are doing a great job.

2. "A great company with really great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

The people at BoTone are some of the best you will find. The developers are very innovative, adn build some really awesome stuff. The sales and marketing teams are great, and the Services team is the best there is. Everyone works hard, but has fun. The management team is also very good about taking feedback and will make changes based on feedback from the field.

Cons

Its a hectic environment and there is so much to do. It can be a bit stressful at times. But i guess that is to be epected.

Advice to Management

stay the course

3. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

BoxTone is a great company, with an amazing product, in a very quickly growing industry. I've never seen so many highly intelligent and passionate people gathered together, working towards the same goal! It's inspiring on both a personal and professional level to come in everyday and witness the dedication and enthusiasm of my coworkers. I completely agree with the reviewer who called this a workplace "utopia"! It's absolutely true!

Cons

Sometimes working for a smaller company like BoxTone means not having as many resources as you'd like. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be a small company for much longer!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, keep listening, and keep us informed! Also, make sure you make good on your promises of on-going training and promotions!

"Coolest start up software company around."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. The management team actually makes the time to listen to employees, as busy as the management team is. It sounds a little corny, but we're a true team and most of us have strong interdepartmental bonds. It's challenging work. Lots of unbelievably intelligent people. Everyone seems engaged in what they're doing. For the most part, departments communicate effectively. Everyone is very dedicated to their work, but the management, Client Services, and Development teams go above and beyond on a regular basis. Great working environment. Most flexible place I've ever worked. We work hard, but we're a pretty casual, lightheartedl bunch. High morale. Seriously cool company. Watch out world, we're taking over MDM! (That means you, MobileIron, Zenprise, AirWatch, and all the rest if you!)

Cons

Just the typical stuff that comes along with working for a start up. If you're hoping to cruise along in a regular 9-5 this place isn't for you. Management demands a lot but rewards follow.

Advice to Management

Keep is in the know. Keep up with the monthly meetings and listening sessions. We appreciate them. Keep up with the personal recognition. It fosters high morale. We know you guys are sacrificing a lot to make us the company we are. Don't forget that we're sacrificing alongside you.

5. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BoxTone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company ever! Great team, all pro's Very friendly environment.Great place to work!

Cons

Just one ..company been aquired by othe rcompany and how it will affect to ..will see.

"BoxTone was the most Awesome company and a really great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BoxTone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many learning and advancement opportunities. Open door policies with all C level Execs and they always let you know what direction they were taking the company, many times prior to any move on their part.

Integrity, hard working people in a diverse cultures environment where you feel like you're home when you walk in the door everyday!

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None that I can think of

"Awesome"

Pros

what a great place to work

Cons

acquired middle of last year

8. "Simply the Best"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at BoxTone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work ethic of our team and leadership from our managers made this job very special.

Cons

We were acquired by another company.

Advice to Management

Get the band back together :)

"Best work-place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at BoxTone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best team of professionals. I felt like it is my second home and every morning I used to get super excited to go to work. Higher management always made sure to maintain a high level of transparency and visibility. Amazing work culture, very constructive and positive.

Cons

The company that acquired BoxTone has the worst top level management.

Advice to Management

Let's bring BoxTone back to life.

"People-centric leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at BoxTone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership did an amazing job at putting people first -- investing in people and looking after their well-being as a main component of business decisions. The result was, people would contribute 10x more because they felt valued, trusted and part of something special they could contribute a difference.

Would work for this leadership again.

Cons

Tried to shift perception of the market as opposed to understanding the market and aligning with it. Hindsight is always easiest, so a lesson learned.