Boyd Coffee Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey Newman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great familial place!"

I have been working at Boyd Coffee full-time

Pros

Boyd's really treats you like family. Everyone here becomes so friendly and close that it's a joy to come to work everyday.

Cons

You come home smelling like coffee....

2. "sales"

I worked at Boyd Coffee full-time

Pros

people were nice to work with for the most part

Cons

when I was there, they were going through a lot of changes. made it difficult to get excited about

"DSR"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fresno, CA

I worked at Boyd Coffee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great coffee Good people

Cons

Today they have gone away from customer service and more about making more money for themselves. Not the family ran company it was. This was a great place to work. Now just strip mining the company to nothing,all to increase profits. No more customer service.

Advice to Management

To late for advice. That train has left the station. Should always remember that people work better when they feel appreciated not scared for there jobs.

"National Account Manager Sales"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Boyd Coffee full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very few and any 5 start ratings are plants from HR, Loyalty among misery with the employees who have been at the company a long time. However when it comes to cuts since they struggle financially doesn't matter how long you have been there.

Cons

Decided paying bonuses was options, horrible hours and OT unpaid of course, horrible environment for women, just google how many former employees have sued company for wage violations. Cut benefits, wages, and long term employees, They are in survival mode. So basically unless you hate your current job at your current company, or you are about to get fired I wouldn't leave a company to join Boyds.

Advice to Management

Replace management, hired educated senior management and own up to what you are doing. There is no loyalty.

5. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Salss Associate in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Salss Associate in Fresno, CA

Pros

Not much pros, other then free coffee products

Cons

Constant travel, not very open minded.

Advice to Management

Learn to have patience, get more excited.

6. "Making promises to customers and employees they can't keep!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Boyd Coffee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good at all levels.

Cons

Work hours, on-call, can't keep the basic coffee needs in stock on a weekly basis. EXTREMELY poor leadership and full of deception! They have a serious cash flow issue!

Advice to Management

Step down

7. "Business Analyst"

I have been working at Boyd Coffee full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, technology driven, family oriented

Cons

slow to change, budget constraints

Advice to Management

Turn it into an employee owned company

"District Sales Representative"

I worked at Boyd Coffee full-time

Pros

this job sucks, i worked here for 3+ years. 60 hours/week. commission checks are impossible to figure out. no room for advancement. skeleton sales crew so you are basically on your own. oh wait they give you 12 ounces of free coffee/month so there's that

Cons

they can't even afford vans/trucks to make deliveries. they rent giant uhaul box trucks. They took the WATER COOLER OUT of the office because of budget cuts.

"Where do I begin.....??? :/"

Pros

If you travel for them, they take pretty good care of You as far as Hotel and Meal allowance. You will work along side some of the Most Hard Working People you will ever know. I LOVED my CO-WORKERS.

Cons

The Trucks. The Fleet is Old Nationally and they Break down or need service A LOT...which will Handicap your work flow immensely. I consider the Coffee Trucks DANGEROUS. Don't even think of asking for a Day off or taking a Sick Day if your a Salesman. For over 3 years Sick Days were met with opposition...and if you did take that day, chances were that you had to make that day up to take care of your route 'cause no one was ever available to relieve you due to cost cutting moves. Days were WAY TOO LONG even though you're constantly being asked to put on NEW BUSINESS...where to find the time was extremely difficult for most. Your Vacations are decided somewhere around a Year in advance. Who does that??? In a lot of case too, many were told that they might not be granted their vacation at the specified time agreed because of High Turnover. They will work you TO THE BONE but don't worry...our last Christmas Bonus was a $10 gift certificate to Subway. REALLY??????? YES. Over 3 years and never a raise. That was just common. My Boss quit because he didn't feel appreciated and for most of the reasons I specified and so did the guy ahead of Me who had my Job....and so did our Service Guy....and the Service Guy ahead of him. Plus the company has "partnered" with another company and.........let's just say.....it's making a lot of people UNHAPPY as the new company is taking over some of the best accounts and losing accounts through this process. Cessation of Employment (People getting Fired) became a trend during the last half of 2015 as the merger went into effect. If anyone is happy here, I'm guessing they're in upper management where the stress and back breaking work & long hours are not a part of their life. For the MAJORITY....THE MAJORITY.....NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE what so ever. We all talked amongst each other because we were a closely knit team under a lot of pressure to perform. Team Morale is low here,.....at the Roastery and in the Field. Best to go somewhere else and tend to your Family and Friends.

10. "QA TECHNICIAN"

Pros

good company and good environment

Cons

Manufacturing with good benefits and good ambient.