Boyd Gaming Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Boyd Gaming CEO and President Keith E. Smith
Keith E. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most companies boast of a work-life balance, but my leaders here encourage it" (in 8 reviews)

• "my fellow emeployes are good people that I work with" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management was not very knowledgable" (in 10 reviews)

• "low pay, schedule work not consistent, security for employees should be better" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Truly Amazing Place to Be"

Current Employee - Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been having an amazing experience starting with my interview. I could easily see why the average company tenure is 10 years. The support that I have every single day has been from the top down. I feel very safe at my workplace, feel super welcomed and respected always. Everyone has been truly genuine and caring to not just the employees, but also the local communities. Most companies boast of a work-life balance, but my leaders here encourage it. When starting in a new company, I am used to working long hours into evenings and weekends, but have not experience that yet. If my work is done for the day, so is my workday and my boss consistently checks in on me to ensure that I am taking breaks and have everything I need to get my work done. This isn’t just in the beginning but EVRY DAY.

Cons

I don't know if it's because I haven't been here for over a year to have any cons at this time. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to learn, grow and access to limitless opportunities with the company. Boyd is also a very diverse place of employment; therefore, it is expected that you treat each other with respect and in all honesty, we should always anyhow! My pay is fair/competitive and my leaders are always available/can be reached when needed. Everyone is always smiling, regardless of time of day or their title. New employees attend an orientation to learn company history. I also notice that everyone helps each other and constant learning seems to be normal and no one is ever too busy to stop and help each other.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do. How often do you meet the owners of the company? I have within my first 48-hours and they treat you like you matter and make a difference. My SVP knows my name and I met her once, how amazing is that and it is not in any pretentious way. My team makes me feel valued and it makes coming to work super easy and not just something I have to do for a paycheck. My team, management, and senior management makes me want to do my best all times and I fit right in.

Sep 17, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you're enjoying your experience with our team. We hope it continues to be amazing.

2. "Great company for work/life balance!"

Current Employee - Designer in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Designer in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good hours, fun environment, fast paced, exciting projects, opportunity for advancement, friendly co-workers!

Cons

None to report at this time

Sep 17, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to write this review, and for your feedback. We all love our BCS team in Dubuque!

3. "A great culture that puts some of their money where their mouth is."

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Team Environment.
    Lots of Employee Perks
    Great Coworkers.
    Good Chance for promotion.

Cons

Not as competitive wages.
    A bit disorganized.

Advice to Management

A solid tech support job. I never dreaded coming in, which is more than I can say for most employers in the industry.

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoy being a Boyd team member. We appreciate the time you took to write a review, and we'll share your feedback with the team.

4. "Great Co-workers but, management is disconnected"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers and team mentality are awesome. There is a general good vibe every day. The days off are nice.

Cons

Non competitive pay. If you work harder and try to stand out, you get the same raise as someone who sleeps at their desk. Management is disconnected and generally don't appreciate the people who go the extra mile for them.

Advice to Management

Try to retain your employees. Compete with pay. Show them you care! Make reviews less of a joke!

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for your honest feedback and constructive criticism. I'll ensure it's forwarded to the appropriate leaders for consideration. We appreciate the time you took to write a review!

5. "Surveillance Agent"

I worked at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

Insurance is great, 401k match is good but not great.

Cons

Everything else is so so.

Advice to Management

Real pay raises.

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We're glad that you enjoyed the insurance and 401K match.

6. "Former Employee"

I worked at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

Great Benefits. Three days off.

Cons

A very hot place to work. Very physical and low pay.

Aug 8, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for your review! We agree that Las Vegas is a toasty town, and we apologize if your workplace was not a comfortable temperate. Thank you for that feedback. We are really excited that you... More

7. "Worst place ever"

I worked at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

There were no pros to speak of. NONE.

Cons

Worst job I’ve ever had. Worst management staff and the worst run Hotel/Casono I’ve ever worked in

Advice to Management

Try being professional and fair. Try doing a little work instead of lip service.

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you did not experience any pros while working for Boyd Gaming. Best of luck in your future endeavors, and thanks again for your... More

"Senior Accountant"

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

They provide free beverages for employees.

Cons

Hands down the worst company ever worked. No work life balance. Cliques. Management talks about you behind your back and smiles in your face. No training. Minimal PTO and time off.

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to write a review so we can investigate your experience and improve it for future team members. We appreciate your insights.

"Cocktail waitress"

I worked at Boyd Gaming full-time

Pros

Meeting new people, tips, friendly employees

Cons

Management was horrible, they lie about everything, treat you like a child and when you do your job by the Boyd guidelines you are scolded at. I was wrote up several times for again following protocol yep reprimanded for it. At one of the only two employee meetings held in the 6
    Months employed I brought up about how our department was constantly running out of products, several times we ran out of some of the high demand of Brands of beer on a Friday night and yet next shipment would be in until Monday, after speaking about this my boss hurriedly and cut me off saying that only happen once, my jaw dropped because that was a complete lie and showed how they run things. Not to mention how they say they don’t descrimanate yet the only to African Americans in our department got whatever shifts they wanted. One of them never had to work weekends NOR did she have to work any of the so called “Black Out Day’s”!
    Several times I went hours without a break because I didn’t want the customers waiting but after 5 hours running non stop you become dehydrated, we were not allowed to open and 4oz bottle of water to hydrate our mouths!
    They are loosing all their GOOD servers because of the poor management they have staffed there. That’s a WELL KNOWN FACT! I would love to go back but not with they way they run the boat.

Aug 31, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your experience is being shared with our team so we can investigate your concerns. We appreciate your insights.

10. "Host VIP Lounge"

Current Employee - Host VIP Lounge in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Host VIP Lounge in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Boyd Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really care about their employees. I work right under the casino host and executive host so I learned alot. All the work we do it pretty easy.

Cons

The pay isn't very good and you will work every weekend.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a better rate.

Aug 8, 2018 – Director, Digital Media & Social Engagement

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you receive great mentorship from your casino host and executive host! That sounds like a really unique experience! We appreciate the feedback about... More