Found 570 of over 598 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They are loosing all their GOOD servers because of the poor management they have staffed there." (in 37 reviews)
- "Reasonable but also low pay" (in 35 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism is rampant in my department." (in 18 reviews)
- "Low Salary for your hourly rate" (in 16 reviews)
- "And raises are a joke." (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Boyd Gaming and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023IT Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLas Vegas, NV
- Decent starting pay for an entry level role in IT - In other departments other than IT, culture is fun and inclusive - There were opportunities to learn and grow in the field, there was support for further education
- Rotating management and hierarchy - Less than ideal work-life balance as all priorities were always "top priority" and rushing to get things through
- 1.0Oct 24, 2023DirectorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
None that I can think of.
Worst time in my career! Toxic! I don't recommend the Finance/Tax/AccountingDepartment. Also I don't recommend their so-called relocation package. Nepotism. In my opinion I was misled on several fronts and suffered major emotional trauma as a consequence; after 8 interviews! I became ill after they made it msndatory that I stay only on their property and eat their food, but wanted me to repay them money they ready took from me!!! I went to the office each day by walking thru clouds of cigarette smoke with bloody nose after the first week. No flexibility to live comfortably during temp living until I found a home in Vegas. Run!!!1
- 1.0Nov 4, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeVinton, LA
Was not horrible but HR had a high turnover as well as security and the the place seemed empty at times like they had no workers. Current employess tell new hires about the "good old days". Pay was low
Easy to get hired it seems as people were always leaving.
- 1.0Nov 16, 2023Kitchen Lead/CookCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKansas City, MO
Nothing get used and under paid for a bunch of drunken drug addicted garbage
See above statement they blow
- 2.0Oct 2, 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsDubuque, IA
Flexible with time off, good coworkers, work from home
Low pay and raises, no maternity or paternity leave, $75 is not a Christmas bonus.
- 2.0Oct 22, 2023Lead Casino SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSaint Charles, MO
Steady job and decent hours.
Shabby benefits, no holiday pay or bonuses…not even a ham or turkey. I never feel appreciated.
- 1.0Oct 31, 2023Security GuardFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDubuque, IA
Easy job for people with no skills
The job was terribly boring, You would sit at an entrance to the casino for 8-hour shifts at a time.
Boyd Gaming Reviews FAQs
Boyd Gaming has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 598 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at Boyd Gaming to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
46% of Boyd Gaming employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Boyd Gaming 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.