Boys Town Reviews | Glassdoor

Boys Town Reviews

Found 155 reviews

3.9
​​​​​​​​​​Father Steven E. Boes
Pros
  • "They offer a great benefits package and good pay(in 10 reviews)

• "Meaningful work as you get to help children and heal families(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Be willing to make a bit less at a non-profit for the cause(in 7 reviews)

• "The job is incredibly overwhelming and there is a huge lack of support(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Love the mission!

I have been working at Boys Town full-time

Pros

If you have a passion for helping at risk youth and families within your community Boys Town is the place you want to be! Coworkers are like family, teamwork is encouraged, and they invest in training.

Cons

Like any nonprofit work with the at risk population, it can be stressful. Resilience and self-care are important skills to have to prevent burnout.

October 23, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for your review. We are so excited to see that you view your team at Boys Town as a family, and we thank you for the work you invest every day towards our mission of saving children and healing families.

• Love working here!

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Boys Town offers challenging work, but it is extremely rewarding and worth every minute. I am excited to come to work every day as my coworkers have always been welcoming, and my leadership provides me the king of positive feedback that shows they value the work I do and want me to succeed. One unique part about this organization is that they encourage you to expand your network outside your department, and leadership...

Cons

Boys Town has taken great strides to stay current not only within the industry, but as a national organization. If Boys Town keeps on working towards on bettering itself both for our mission and our employees I see no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide feedback to your employees, I have gained so much already for being here almost 2 years and feeling valued for the work I am doing.

February 18, 2019Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so excited to see that you are growing with our organization and overall professionally.

• Horrible uneducated management

I worked at Boys Town full-time

Pros

👎thought I'd be helping the children when in fact it was all about needy employees

Cons

Horrible management / double standards depending on who you know

February 18, 2019Recruiting Outreach Partner

We appreciate you leaving your review. We are saddened to see that you had a negative experience with management at Boys Town, and we would like to ensure that whatever issue you faced is resolved. Please reach out to us at feedback@boystown.org to address your problem with our team ...

• Great Place to work

Former Employee - Greeter

I worked at Boys Town full-time

Pros

Great pay and oppurthnity to help people

Cons

Long hours/ A lot of work

December 26, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to see that you found Boys Town as a great place to work!

Awesome Non-Profit

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Boys Town is a fun place to work and I would defiantly recommend working at Boys Town to a friend. The outcomes are amazing and it is great to be part of such an important Mission. They offer a great benefits package and good pay. Team Members are professional and friendly.

Cons

Like any job, the work can stressful at times.

December 3, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members and our great benefits package.

• Support Staff

I have been working at Boys Town full-time

Pros

Boys Town is passionate about impacting the communities with a variety of programs. Great Benefits.

Cons

At times slow to respond to change. Supervisors and managers not held accountable.

November 26, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input and are happy to see that you are enjoying your experience here and the benefits that Boys Town offers. Please feel free to reach out to us confidentially about your experiences in further detail regarding your supervisors and managers ...

• Child Support

I worked at Boys Town full-time

Pros

This work environment has great staff

Cons

The Long hours can be a bit draining

November 13, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. We’d love learn more about your experience and how we can improve when it comes to work-life balance. Please email us at feedback@boystown.org.

• Coordinator

I have been working at Boys Town full-time

Pros

The people and their dedication

Cons

Be willing to make a bit less at a non-profit for the cause.

November 13, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at feedback@boystown.org.

• Great Mission

I have been working at Boys Town full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You get to work for an organization that makes a difference no matter what role you are in.

Cons

No matter what role you are in you are impacting others. You need to be aware of that even in a support role.

November 5, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

• Love the mission!

I have been working at Boys Town full-time

Pros

The work that Boys Town does for the youth is amazing! I do not work directly with the youth but they are why I am here. I love working for a bigger reason. My team is supportive and consistently challenges me to think outside the box. Additionally, my manager is supportive and pushes me to grow on a daily basis.

Cons

We need to have more family friendly events for staff. We have some however it is usually on a weekend. Yesterday we invited staff's children to come and trick-or-treat at the office. It was such a fun event and it was great to see staff and their families.

November 1, 2018Recruiting Outreach Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the work you do towards our mission! While you may not work directly with the youth, are still making an impact to helping children and saving families every day. We are always looking towards ways that we can brainstorm more ...

Found 155 reviews