What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff were great and friendly" (in 102 reviews)
- "You'll always bond with a few kids and family members and they're usually great people" (in 67 reviews)
- "Great bosses and coworkers." (in 50 reviews)
- "Great opportunity to get to know kids in the community and meet other staff my age." (in 34 reviews)
- "Relaxed and fun work environment." (in 29 reviews)
- "I wish that there were more full time positions available for admin and pay was low." (in 268 reviews)
- "Poor management made it difficult to be recognized for your work and they treated everyone below them very poorly." (in 110 reviews)
- "Long hours but rewarding" (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and upper management." (in 40 reviews)
- "No benefits until full time" (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Boys & Girls Clubs of America and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 483 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 11, 2015Aquatic DirectorCurrent EmployeeCharlestown, MA
The job is fun and rewarding. Everyone here is easy to get a long with and the kids make all the hard work worth it.
The pay is very low and some times you feel like you are worth more. The hours are from 12-8 so it can be difficult to do actives with friends that work a 9-5.1
- 2.0Jan 24, 2017Site FacilitatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
The organization has a great mission and it provides an opportunity to really make a difference in young lives.
The pay is barely a livable wage and I had to find 2 additional side jobs to get by. For all the work they expect and all the energy I put into this position, the compensation is pretty pathetic. There is high turnover, probably because people can't afford to work here for long. The HR department is awful and never responds to e-mails so the hiring process was a joke.