Bozzuto Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Bozzuto President and CEO Toby S. Bozzuto
Toby S. Bozzuto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work life balance for the industry, great time off PTO, etc" (in 27 reviews)

• "Always room for growth and moving up" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bozzuto will give you the opportunity to take on more responsibility. They expect you to work hard and reward you appropriately. I've always found that Bozzuto higher-ups treat other employees no differently.

Cons

401k match is very low.

Sep 13, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent & Culture

First, thank you for your more than 5 years of employment with Bozzuto! It is great to hear you mention that you can be more responsible and that you appreciate how you are treated by our senior... More

2. "Sales and Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great! PTO is easily built up, health insurance, eye insurance, dental insurance options. My team is great and the building is beautiful. Really does set a high standard that I would like to maintain, and I think that it is important to have a job that makes you want to do well.

Cons

if you work on a smaller team, it is a little harder to schedule the weekends off that you would like. (you work 3 weekends out of the month.)

Advice to Management

allow more training opportunities to help SMAs move up the ladder if they would like

3. "Property Accountant"

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

Organized Management, friendly environment, flexible hours

Cons

Low 401K match, not sure about bonuses

Advice to Management

Benefits can be improved

4. "Growth Opportunities & Development is Key"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Office environment is nice
    -Benefits are good
    -People are overall good

Cons

-Development process /Traning process is horrible. You will get stuck doing the same task of you are “too good” at it. The path to getting to the next level is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Have a clear, structured, and implemented path to develop/grow your employees. So many people left in 2018 because of this. If a talented employee is stuck doing the same task without any notice that management has plans to place you on a progressive position, people will keep leaving in 2019.

5. "Sales and Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Amazing people.

Cons

There is no cons for Bozzuto as of right now

Jan 2, 2019 – Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s wonderful to hear you are enjoying your job and the amazing people you work with! Thank you for being a part of the NY Bozzuto team!

6. "Impersonal"

I worked at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many job opportunities to progress in your career. Hire within

Cons

Long hours. People working for their own benefit, not for the benefit of the team. Upper management was never personable, if they stopped in it was strictly to check-up on what you were doing, not how you were doing/feeling aka strictly business. Very clear hierarchy, bottom tier was made clear that's where they stood.

Jan 7, 2019 – Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Relationships are the heart and soul of our business and I’m sorry to hear you found your time with us to be impersonal. I wish you would have allowed us a... More

7. "concierge"

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

great company please join and get more experience

Cons

no cons great place to grow

Jan 2, 2019 – Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thank you for the review. We love hearing that you feel this is a place where you can learn, gain more knowledge & experience and grow. Thanks for being a part of our fabulous concierge team!

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Residential Concierge in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Residential Concierge in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone from the recruiters to property managers make you feel valuable. They encourage a positive work environment, and mutual respect.

Cons

Can't honestly think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dec 17, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent & Culture

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. It is very nice to hear that you believe Bozzuto is a great company and that you can see your growth potential! We so appreciate members of our... More

9. "Poor Experience"

I worked at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

Free health insurance. That's about it. The dental is cheap but the policy is TERRIBLE.

Cons

Don't expect anything from this company. I don't even know where to start. It is absolutely comical that there is a facade of Bozzuto being such a happy place to work. The people here are rude, petty, and vicious, plain stupid/lacking common sense, or all of the above (to include site members, corporate marketing (the WORST), senior management (favoritism), community ownership representatives, it is all negative). The workplace environment is hostile and toxic. You won't get paid for the actual amount of time you worked because even if you put in the time and effort, you aren't allowed to document anything other than an 8 hour work day (and please note that at most properties you actually work a 9 hour day). The leasing commission payout is embarrassingly low. The mismanagement, overstepping boundaries, general unprofessional behavior, favoritism, and SHADY business practices are all out of control. Keep your fingers crossed if you work in leasing that you're going to get an accurate payout, because really you never know, it isn't itemized in your pay stub like any normal job would do, and it is based on "property budget" which is never shared or explained to anyone. This company is interested in bending over backwards for prospects who are irrational and ask for entirely outlandish things, and then the best part is they give people whatever they want out of fear that they are going to receive a bad yelp review, and then go after the employee that was just trying to follow the actual policy! They BEG employees to obtain good reviews for the property and on sites like Glassdoor because an internet appearance is all they care about.

If you are a fresh-out-of-college graduate looking for your first job, I would do this if you have absolutely no alternative because it is a paycheck. Keep looking elsewhere because this place is a trap. You are a customer service associate in every capacity, and to Bozzuto, the customer is ALWAYS right, and they will jump at the opportunity to wipe the floor with anyone lower than "Property Manager". They have me CONVINCED with out a doubt that management finds pleasure in reprimanding employees.

I understand that Bozzuto is this huge, rapidly growing, objectively successful company. This review is not some immature, fact-free complaint about how bitter and unfair ways of how the world works. This is the perspective of someone who worked here and was viewed as someone who should just "shut up and do their job", but I became fed up with it, and it is wrong that site employees that are "so important" to Bozzuto feel inclined to keep their mouths shut out of fear of retaliation.

Advice to Management

When you receive red flags like this review that something is wrong, please think about all of the employees that bring things like this up to HR or supervisors that are immediately dismissed. Part of the Bozzuto culture has come to be that if something is wrong in the workplace, keep your mouth shut because there will be negative repercussions for creating a stir, no matter what the problem was. Please don't respond to this review as if you're interested in doing something about this hostile work environment, because if there's one thing I'm sure about with this company, nothing is ever going to change.

10. "MAINTENANCE POSSIBILITES UNLIMITED"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Chevy Chase Manor, MD
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Chevy Chase Manor, MD

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ive been a Service Mgr. with Bozzuto for over approx. 13 years. I love this company and recommend anyone looking for a future come on in.You can make you own future here and can advance as far as you want its up to you, The opportunities are here. I've been in this business since 1990 and I'm a First grade engineer lic. by Maryland I can go some where else and make a few more dollars but, I 'm well compensated here and HAPPY. its not always about he money its about the Happiness and Team you work with .I just returned from a short disability leave and was received with open arms and giving a new assignment which I am giving 100%.Im Blessed to be a part of THE BOZZUTO FAMILY/GROUP
    "ONE BOZZUTO"

Cons

none after many years NONE

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we doing