Bozzuto Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Bozzuto President and CEO Toby S. Bozzuto
Toby S. Bozzuto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance for the industry, great time off PTO, etc (in 25 reviews)

• The company is growing and expanding so that means a wealth of opportunity for employees (in 18 reviews)

1. "Solid company"

I worked at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

Good work life balance for the industry, great time off PTO, etc.

Cons

Very corporate, sometimes to a fault

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Apr 18, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent Engagement

Thanks for the review and your insight as a former employee. Glad to hear you had a good work life balance. You are right; we do have a great PTO plan. Good luck to you in your new career!

"Pretty great place to work"

Current Employee - Bmc
    Current Employee - Bmc

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The relationships you make with coworkers is not replaceable.
    Benefits package is great
    some flexibility with schedule
    Learn all facets of accounting cycle

Cons

Work life balance is non existent
    Pay is OK, but for work life balance it could be better

Advice to Management

communicate for effectively on how scale of promotions or success are obtained. reduce the favoritism for those who suck up and throw others under the bus to get promoted. Base promotions on hard work shown and knowledge.

3. "Sales and Marketing Associate"

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

great place to work
    nice co-workers, opportunity to grow

Cons

too many interpretations on rules etc.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Sales & Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Associate in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Associate in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain a lot of sales and marketing experience

Cons

Expected to work all events put on at the property and working all weekends except one; feel burnt out a lot of the time and underappreciated

Advice to Management

Turn over is high for these roles because some managers don't recognize all the work that the associates do. Encourage them and give them advice for their next steps and the 401k match should be higher.

5. "Such a welcoming environment with passionate employees!"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great team members who want to see you succeed.
    - mentors can be found at every community
    - everyone is more than willing to help you if you ask!

Cons

- not being able to meet all your colleagues.
    - training program could be a little more hands-on and consistent.

Apr 17, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent Engagement

Thank you for writing a review. It’s great to hear you have found so many employees eager to assist and help you succeed! Many of our teams do have outings with their groups so I hope you will be... More

6. "Great Company!!!"

I worked at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

Bozzuto has the best training. They make sure to promote with in and have plenty of support at all positions. They have a great bench of talent.

Cons

Career portal needs to be updated.

Apr 17, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent Engagement

Thank you for your comments. We love the shout out for our training team – they are great! I also appreciate you mentioning our internal promotions. We enjoy seeing employees grow & develop their... More

7. "Good for a first job!"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING company culture/ overall good vibe
    If you enjoy talking to people and problem solving, then it's a good environment
    Good for those who think they may be interested in Real Estate/ Property Management. Title is "sales and marketing associate" however would consider it more of a leasing agent role. If you're looking for marketing experience this isn't necessarily that role.
    Higher-ups are very accessible and genuinely care about employees.

Cons

Working weekends gets old
    Bonus structure varies greatly depending what property you work at
    Good entry level salary, however not sustainable for long term

Apr 17, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent Engagement

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you feel this is a good first job and that your senior leadership is accessible and care about their employees! Weekends are a necessary part of the... More

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Concierge in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Concierge in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything about the company is great. Co-workers, the residents, the pay, the PTO, and the experience. I love it and hope I can stay with the company for a really long time!

Cons

It can be tough when the person that is supposed to relieve you shows up late all the time.

Advice to Management

none yet

Mar 15, 2018 – Project Manager, Talent Engagement

Thank you for that wonderful 5-star review! It’s great to hear you have been with Bozzuto for more than 3 years and want to stay for a long time! I hope you will take some time to speak to your... More

9. "Run as FAR away from Bozzuto as you can!!! (Sales & Marketing Associate)."

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time

Pros

- Beautiful properties (which is whatever)
    - Concierges and Maintenance teams are the best
    I have no other pros during my experience!!!

Cons

Where do I begin?

If I could give this company zero stars, then I would have. Run as far away from any job posting at Bozzuto. You get paid very little for the amount of work required. The on-boarding "training" does not exist. There was absolutely no guidance or expectations set. The "Sales and Marketing Associate" position is 5% sales, 0% Marketing and 95% Property Management. You might as well retitle the name to, "Property Manager Assistant". The property managers that I met were all horrible at there jobs and were completely disorganized. I've never seen a company more disorganized then this one and I've worked for many companies. The people who had these Management titles had a sense of entitlement about themselves. They will take the power they have as a managers and belittle you if you're below them or if you pose as a threat to their career path.

If you enjoy your life, friends, family, etc then run as far as Forest Gump ran when he ran across the United States. You will hate your life working here. It was by far my worst experience in my young professional career and it deserved a review because of it. I hope you all will read this review and consider a different company. Please don't waste your time and effort working for people who don't care about you.

Advice to Management

Listen to all of your employees, not just ones who have been there the longest. Believe it or not, people have great ideas that can help make your business more efficient. The only bright spot your company has are your properties, concierges and maintenance teams. Everything else needs to be reviewed, changed and monitored. You will continue losing great talent if you look away from their ideas and only listen to tenured people. Good luck because you will certainly need it. The end is near for Bozzuto.

"Rollar Coaster Experience"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate

I have been working at Bozzuto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The company is growing and more opportunities are becoming available. The base salary is competitive with the industry standards.

-Some of my co workers have become my family.

-In my experience, your manager can either make or break your experience.

-You are never bored and time goes by fast.

-Decent PTO program.

-Company values are excellent and Bozzuto has a great reputation in the industry.

Cons

-Better bonus commission

-Horrible work/life balance. You are expected to answer phone calls and texts on your days off.

-Cliquish

-Promotions are usually pre picked and based on favoritism, not who deserves it. Most of the time managers know who will be selected for promotions before the job is even posted. I don't think this is fair at all.

-Constant unnecessary changes on site. The property managers like to take credit for all the success and hard work the sales and marketing associates do. It is pretty common for managers to throw you under the bus in order to save themselves. They will blame you for everything in order not to look bad in front of residents and their regional.

- Stressful and long hours. In my opinion, pay is not enough for the amount of work you have to do. You will almost always stay after hours and will never get paid overtime. Good luck asking your manager for OT, they will probably laugh in your face.

-I find it interesting that is nearly impossible to find the HR number to make a formal complaint. Why is that?

Advice to Management

Give promotions to employees who deserve it, not based on favoritism. In this company it seems it's all about who you know and not what you know. Have the HR contact number clearly visible.