Bracket Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Jeff Kinell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent benefits and the option to work from home one day a week (in 12 reviews)

• Free soda machine flexible schedule (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be difficult at times and it seems like people are constantly putting out fires (in 10 reviews)

• Please be warned that the positive posts on here are more than likely upper management trying to boost their rating (in 12 reviews)

1. "Test Engineer"

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

Colleagues are professional and great people to work with. Excellent benefits and the option to work from home one day a week. Work is demanding, which makes the day go faster, but the atmosphere of working as a team helps to take the stress off.

Cons

The structure of management is constantly changing and you don't know where things are going. They are working to make Bracket a competitor in our field but you never know who in management is going to lose their job or what change is coming next.

2. "Nothing Special"

I worked at Bracket full-time

Pros

Fun People, Free Food, Good Benefits

Cons

work/life balance can be rough
    boring at times

Advice to Management

don't micro manage

3. "Learn What You Can While There"

Pros

Opportunity to learn new skills and technology

Cons

Training and room for growth is limited

Advice to Management

Provide better training and guidance for career advancement.

4. "PA"

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

nice people, free snacks, lots to learn

Cons

communication, transparency, complicated work, dealing with data all day

Advice to Management

take more time with team

5. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Product Test Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Test Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team Building should be encouraged. Strong leadership - strong team cohesion. I've notice that a particular team has higher output because their manager encourages feedback and knowledge sharing. My team doesn't have that, why?

Cons

Many deadlines. Missed targets. Moving targets. No project management held accountable or leadership. But no recognition for those that do well.

Advice to Management

Needs strong project managers

Aug 10, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback, it is always great to get good constructive feedback, it is how we continue to improve as a company.
    Through our Leadership program we have worked hard at giving our... More

"No Growth Horrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Sodas and junk food for snacks. Casual Dress. Flexible Work hours. Work Life Balance. 1 or two nice people in the company.

Cons

No Growth. the mediocre non performers are valued more than the driven hard workers who want to learn, take on more and grow. Management says if you ask for more work and want to grow there is room and you will be given opportunity. this is a downright lie. Upper Management holds on to all work and does not groom the people underneath; feedback is always negative never positive. The reviews are all fake - nothing that is put in your review - goals and growth is true nor will happen. C Level Mgt and VP level do not know the names in their immediate groups other then the managers who report directly to them. The department I was in is filled with a lot of people that have been here too long, do not like change, streamlining, innovation, are clicky, backstabbing, there is no team atmosphere, the people are negative and are poor performers. Some still do not know how to do their job and make a lot of mistakes but and management does nothing and they are actually rewarded. Those who aspire to do a good job and want to learn and grow are stifled. If you want a 9-5 job where you can just get by and you don't want to grow your career this is the place for you. Management is negative, tense and not approachable. In fact they will actually ignore you and your requests to meet. There is no 'open door policy'. They make promises in the interview process that are downright lies. Bonus and raises are barely cost of living increases.

Advice to Management

Appreciate members of your team who want to grow and learn and actually groom them and give them work instead of holding on to everything. Be open and honest instead of lying. Instead of always pointing out the negative give positive feedback as well. Communicate better. There is absolutely NO communication from upper mgt down to the teams. Train Supervisors and managers who do not have experience to actually know how to handle direct reports and can do so in a professional manner. Hopefully with the new management - Sen VP - these issues will be resolved and positive changes will occur but i highly doubt it.

"Mixed bag"

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Bracket, I had a great deal of flexibility in my work schedule, regular travel thanks to my job, and co-workers around my age. Career growth was possible and fairly quick.

Cons

The work can be extremely challenging; the frequent leadership changes due to mergers and acquisitions of the company was frustrating. Many employees suffered burnout after working at the company for 2 or 3 years, specifically, in the project management department.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the well-being of your employees. Don't assume that decisions made within the PA headquarters will translate well to the San Francisco office.

"Rumor has it"

Former Employee - Ops
    Former Employee - Ops

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coffeeeeeeee, snacksssssss, ice cream, benefits, Summer hours

Cons

Instead of spending money and improving rater station, etc. They rely on inept IT developers that don't care because of burnout and shadiness and feed colleagues BS so then we look like the fools training are clients on junk. Also the conflict of interest that a friend (current employee) just shared with me, is disgusting and down right a joke, and my senses were right that this would happen under the radar. Two $ hungry modern day Bonnie and clyde upper management husband and wife, but no one knows????

Advice to Management

Watch your backs cause greenphires coming to get you!!!

Aug 10, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. No matter what industry you work in or company you work with the one constant is change. The challenges you face with the pace of rapid change and the emotions that go... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Specialist in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people around the office are great! Give plenty of feedback (good or bad) and support. It's definitely an environment that wants to see its employees move up and do well. Benefits package is pretty good, and there's plenty of perks to boost morale.

I also read a few reviews that work life balance is hard, and I personally disagree with that. While there are weeks I put in more than 40 hours, I don't find t difficult to have a life outside of work, and plenty of free time at home. Maybe it depends on the team/department you are in, but my department does not seem to share this issue.

Cons

There are some people who just cannot be happy no matter what the situation, and those kinds of attitudes can make working difficult. Managing those kinds of personalities can be difficult, but I don't think team managers and above do enough to pinpoint those people to see what can be done to make them happier.

There also seems to be a huge difference in morale across teams, even teams within the same department. I'm curious to learn why this is.

"Great Place to Work with Good People"

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

Bracket provides a comfortable and relaxed work environment. For example, the dress code is casual, and many employees work a schedule that works for them (8-4, 9-5, etc). The company offers a generous work from home policy, PTO, and has summer hours (and summer dress code if you like to wear shorts to work). Overall, Bracket has a community feel with work-sponsored outings, happy hours, and a company softball team. There are a number of snacks in the kitchen available for free and someone is always bringing in something to share with the office or their team. Many employees eat lunch together regularly. The company strives to make new employees feel welcomed and works to makes sure employees understand the Bracket culture. I have had several positive interactions with upper management and feel confident that upper management is working everyday to create an ever better work environment for it's employees. The workload is manageable, and even easy if you have strong time management and organizational skills. If you are every overwhelmed there is always another team member willing to help you.

Cons

There is a hierarchical system and chain of command at Bracket. For some people who are used to working in more creative, freelance environments, or are directly out of university (not familiar with working a 40-hour week) may find it challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and advancing the company's technology.

Aug 10, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your very positive feedback. It is great to hear that the initiatives we implemented to address the concerns posted on this site are having a positive impact.