Bracket Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Mike Nolte

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent benefits and the option to work from home one day a week (in 13 reviews)

• Co-workers were great, free soda in the vending machines (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be difficult at times and it seems like people are constantly putting out fires (in 10 reviews)

• Please be warned that the positive posts on here are more than likely upper management trying to boost their rating (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Bracket is an AWESOME Company"

Former Employee - Production and Logistics Support Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Production and Logistics Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Bracket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management staff were great, treated you like family.

Cons

There were No cons, in my opinion

Advice to Management

Never stop treating your employees like family. It is the number one reason I miss working for BRACKET

Bracket Response

Mar 12, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

Being new to the company myself, I'm really happy to hear that you feel like you are in a great place! We will continue to do our best to take care of our team! Thanks!

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bracket has great people who are always happy to help and do what it takes to get the job done. Benefits are good, PTO is good, and the company has a great future.

Cons

Change is constant which fosters growth but is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting and empowering your teams. Seek opportunities for growth here and get onboard with improvements.

3. "Moving Forward"

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

> Great teammates and passionate, talented people.
    > Industry is easy to get excited about.
    > Good solutions in some areas.
    > Work flexibility.
    > Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

> Lots of changes has led to challenges.
    > Tough work environment sometimes, can be long hours.
    > Old management team didn't promote on performance.
    > Improving managers and new leadership is helping.

Advice to Management

> Focus on weeding out underperformers.
    > Fix broken processes.
    > Pick a strategy and stick with it.
    > Keep focusing on a better culture.

"Optimistic about the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm optimistic that this company is on the right track and while there has been tough messages, at least they are finally honest ones. Bracket has great benefits, flexible work hours, fantastic colleagues and we work in a meaningful industry that matters to people. I believe we are on a great path to finally reach our potential.

Cons

Lots of recent changes creating uncertainty

Advice to Management

Follow through on commitment to transparency and honesty
    Break up the silos and work on collaboration
    Provide better view of career path

"Employee Value and Consideration"

I have been working at Bracket full-time

Pros

Until recently Bracket was a forward moving company that put emphasis on their employee's. The workplace is overall good and staff is great! There are some of the most dedicated and hard people in the industry working at Bracket.

Cons

In the job market today there are a lot of opportunities. it is disappointing to work for a company that you feel committed too but has had a huge change in focus. Compensation and Bonus payments were a positive way of recruiting and retaining quality people to Bracket. While benefits are good in other areas , not providing a bonus for the first time since joining the company has really changed attitude across the board. Leadership has changed and so has the climate. Moving forward and growing is a commitment that all employees must stand behind,. Recognizing that your employees are the key making that happen is what leadership needs to stand behind. It will be difficult to keep the excellent staff currently at Bracket and even more difficult to recruit if we are not competitive.

Advice to Management

Listen and hear what your employees have to say.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bracket has wonderful employees who work together in a cohesive team. Truly a dedicated employees who enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Great travel opportunities available.

Cons

Sometime the hours are long.

"Career Killing Company!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, other than management.

Cons

Pay is lower than what the competitors offer in the same industry.
    You learn nothing in this company, even worse you forget what you know.
    This company is headed my sick minded people who care just for their paychecks. Most of them have high school degree and make no effort to catch up with new technologies. They just play favors with their minions, who turn to snitches instead of leading the efforts to improve processes or work environment.
    When you speak up, you will get squashed like a pest and thrown on the street.

Advice to Management

Please do the right thing quit your jobs and let the people who know how the work gets done to lead the company. You have no values, no education and will to help the company succeed. Do the right thing and resign!

"Rewards do not meet the accomplishments"

Current Employee - Software in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Software in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people
    Food, drinks, etc.
    Remote Work
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Be prepared to be motivated and contribute, but get the bare minimum in return. It will kill your willingness to go above and beyond over time, and resort to just doing your job.

Promotions in a certain department are scarce no matter what you do.

Enjoy the minimum living increase every year no matter how hard you work compared to other people, so why continue to do that here.

You can move up by finding another company, that's the only way I have seen people grow.

Advice to Management

Careers have a time limit. When people feel like theirs is being held back, you will lose them. These are usually the good ones.

Stop trying to treat people equally. When you do that, the bad ones stay and the good ones leave.

Career paths are non-existent in some departments. The only choice is to leave.

"Slow to change"

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good changs in leadership hopefully will change the culture and make the company forward thinking.

Free snacks, drinks, coffee, tea, etc.

Benefits are decent. PTO is always approved. Working from home is never an issue as trust and empowerment has become the

Cons

Compensation is below industry norms and lack of bonuses.

Advice to Management

Even with the changes, there are still manager and directors that have been at the company too long and drive good new talent away.

Bracket Response

Mar 19, 2018 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, I wish we had the opportunity to talk prior to your departure as we are continuing to move into a great direction. I hope all of our employee's realize if they have any... More

"Horrible Culture and Lack of Vision"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice/smart people, unfortunately most of those people are driven out so others can have more power, or they quit to get away from the horrible culture

Cons

Very political, get used to a lot of closed door meetings filled with secrecy. Leaders are constantly looking for ways to attain more power for themselves while forgetting there are actual problems needing to be solved. In an industry where there is much room to have a positive impact, time is spent trying to play politics internally. If you don't make friends with the right people you will be an outsider and left completely in the dark as to what is going on within the company.

Culture is horrible as you can probably tell from the first paragraph. The technology organization was revamped for the worse and it keeps getting progressively worse. Qualified people were pushed out for less qualified people. If you are looking to do anything innovative, or utilize your creativity it is not a good place to accomplish that.

If you think differently or have different ideas than others you will immediately be shunned, different ideas are not welcome. You will constantly hear "that's the way we do it here" and if you try to poke holes in that way you will be cast aside. You will constantly hear people blaming others who are no longer there anymore for all of the problems, but never taking accountability for their own role in those mistakes.

Advice to Management

The revamp of technology clearly did not work as nothing positive has been produced from it. Bring in people who understand the business, who want to solve problems, and who truly know and understand technology. Stop letting good people go just because they see things differently than others. Stop getting information from your "leaders" who are constantly trying to prop themselves up, and talk to the people on the ground floor. A lot of people are afraid to speak up because of the politics and culture which is unfortunate.