Bracket Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Kinell

Pros
  • Pto, work from home (though only 2 times per week) (in 9 reviews)

• Free soda machine flexible schedule (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be difficult at times and it seems like people are constantly putting out fires (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management needs to listen more to there staff and the needs (in 9 reviews)

1. "Project Specialist"

I worked at Bracket full-time

Pros

Thought there was a good work life balance

Cons

Poor communication and office politics

2. "Client Services"

I have been working at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, flexibility in schedule, employee events, ease of contacting management

Cons

Little proactive support from management, very little interdepartmental cohesiveness, lack of organizational team ethic

Bracket Response

Mar 8, 2017 – SVP

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I am interested in hearing more, if you are willing to share. We are looking at ways to create more interdepartmental cohesiveness- focusing on setting goals ... More

3. "Unrealistic Expectations and pressure"

I worked at Bracket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free unhealthy snacks and soda

Cons

Company is constantly running from behind to catchup, no clear answers or industry standards. Employees have the sense that management is flying by the seat of their pants. Employees are overstretched and have too much work to do within a 45 hour workweek and are often expected to go above and beyond. Management allows senior level employees to treat subordinates in an unprofessional way and does nothing about the repeated complaints.

Advice to Management

Support your mid-level managers, hire additional experienced resources, and provide real support for your teams. CEO is terrible.

"Drains you....."

I worked at Bracket full-time

Pros

Some very hard working coworkers
    Free snacks

Cons

Senior management does not seem to care- they promise all sorts of things but seldom if ever deliver. Offers no support or direction.
    Work load is enormous and non efficient with impossible timelines so that person's work at all hours and weekend.
    Annual reviews system out dated.
    As another reviewer noted, disparity between offices.

Advice to Management

Get new annual review process
    Sr. Management- be more supportive- set an example

"Product Developer"

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for new grads looking for experience

Cons

The technology is way too old and outdated. This is the place to learn ancient technology.

Advice to Management

Get a decent technical people or you won't survive.

"If you are looking for a job..not a career"

I worked at Bracket full-time

Pros

Bracket is good for recent college grads who want to get some professional experience before making a move some place else.

Cons

I don't think there is much opportunity for growth. Brilliant model -- hire young employees, burn them out and send them on their way.

Advice to Management

Transparency is needed and not a HS assembly -- actual documents that outline what is needed for personal growth. If you make employees feel like you care I think they will return the favor.

8. "Great place"

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Bracket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to gain experience and work with dedicated coworkers. Cool company events from time to time as well.

Cons

Lack of clear goals for advancement.

"RUN. RUN FAR, FAR AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Bracket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed office atmosphere, nice colleagues

Cons

Low pay, lack of oversight, upper level management doesn't care about employees and often makes promises they can't keep. Work loads are insane, and only the meanest, most back-biting employees advance.

Advice to Management

Have some loyalty for your employees

"Don't even think about it!"

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Nice facilities. Interesting work. Free snacks are provided but I see that as more of a bribe to the employees.

Cons

Soul-less senior management. Insufficient tools to get the job done. Way too much work for some. Lip service for professional development. A culture of insincerity with clients and staff. Disparity between offices in terms of pay and regard for staff value.

Advice to Management

Cut the snacks and put that money into a real professional development program -- time to do something with those performance reviews. Develop a MUCH higher level of integrity -- this is the basis for success within the life sciences. Adopt a CRO approach for staffing -- when the contract gets awarded, it is time to staff up.

"Jeff, please resign. People are afraid and depressed."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Pros

Colleagues are bright. Clinical research is an amazing field.

Cons

This industry is high pressure and exacting. Our clients have high standards, and we hold patients' lives in our hands. This leads to a great deal of pressure on employees, many of whom are not supported effectively by Bracket.

Advice to Management

Jeff, when you started I believed you that you wanted to make Bracket be a great place to work. Unfortunately, I have lost faith.

I lose sleep over my job. I worry that i will negatively impact a clinical trial. Worse, I am deathly afraid of making a mistake at Bracket, for fear of the repercussions. I am worried every day that i will lose my job, be yelled at by a client, or, punished by my manager. The fear-based management has to stop. The culture of micromanagement needs to end.

If you ask the clinicians, they will tell you that people at Bracket are depressed. Our fear of retribution has led many of us to seek professional help -- and medication -- for depression and anxiety. How can we be a company that conducts research into depression and anxiety, but care so little about employees at Bracket?

Jeff, I know you have tried. I do. Unfortunately, it's just not working. The fear has to stop or everyone will end up depressed and/or quitting. We need a new leader. If you were to resign, I think that would be the honorable thing to do. Before you go, however, I do want you to know that we appreciate what you said you would do -- it just hasn't happened. Please, I beg you. Do the right thing. It's time to go.