Brad's Deals Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2020

4.2
Brad's Deals Founder & Editor-in-Chief Brad Wilson (no image)
Brad Wilson
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 9, 2020 - Data Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, good pay, flexible hours, great manager

Cons

Small bonus, lack of direction

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great software development team to learn and grow with.

Sep 22, 2020 - Software Development Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mentors. The whole development team will give you all the help you need to learn as an intern. Great work-life balance. Good AGILE work environment with daily meetings and bi-weekly SCRUMS. Opportunity to work on projects as an intern. Very good work environment with highly approachable software development team. Work from home on Fridays.

Cons

Could have had a better pay for the interns.

VP, People

Thank you for your feedback and for the time you spent partnering with our team. It was a pleasure to have you working with us and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

3. 4.0

Editorial team

Sep 14, 2020 - Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is self-directed and the team is really good to work with.

Cons

The work can be repetitive.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A caring company that still feels like a start up...in a good way

Jan 22, 2019 - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I went through a battle with cancer in 2018. I didn't really know what to expect from Brad's Deals since I never had a real health scare like this. Not only were they extremely accommodating, they went above and beyond to make sure I had nothing to worry about. They valued me not only as an employee but as a person. The team at Brad's is amazing and very collaborative. Makes working on many new initiatives exciting. Additionally, Free lunch Wednesdays is a bonus plus snacks in the kitchen everyday.

Cons

Overall, not many complaints. The struggles that you feel at a start up are similar but if you like that challenge, it's a great place to work.

3 people found this review helpful

VP, People

We are thrilled that you are back and feeling ready to tackle our exciting new initiatives! Most importantly, glad you felt supported to take the time you need to focus on yourself and your family. Welcome back and thanks for the kind words!

5. 4.0

Marketing

Nov 2, 2018 - Marketing in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company benefits and great training

Cons

Some pressure to increase sales.

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP, People

Thanks for sharing your feedback, its great to hear what Brad's Deals does well as well as see your advice to management. We would love the opportunity to improve your experience. Feel free to reach out internally to help us understand this further.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sleeper Company

Jul 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Transparency and weekly all-hands meetings * Highly engaged team * Management truly cares * Willingness to change hard things for the better (HR policies, technology & business processes) * Work/life balance * Access and ability to make changes across teams * Interesting long-term prospects * Diverse team

Cons

* Medical benefits could be a little more favorable * Sometimes short-term costs for small things can be overvalued * Long-term vision could be more clearly communicated sometimes

2 people found this review helpful

VP, People

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We do truly care about our team members and want to make this a supportive and engaging environment. Thanks for the advice, as well. We will look into those suggestions.

7. 1.0

Clueless company

Sep 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody puts in the least amount of time to pay for the bills while they try to have a side hustle. The place serves like a good stepping stone. Most people at this company have something they have on the side that they care about more instead.

Cons

This is the most mismanaged team I have ever seen. The management is really terrible, and spend most of their time either "working" from home or sending each other emails about meetings. The company has been around for a long time now, and growth has pretty much slowed down, if not stopped. This company is scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, and clueless managers do not know what is going to work. They have a failed strategy after another, and really don't know what they want to do next, and yes they communicate things really very little and very late. I'm pretty sure Brad( the CEO) is frustrated at the slowing pace, and has checked out. He will occasionally just rant off in team meetings when things mess up, which is often. This business is not that interesting anyways, checkout affiliate marketing if you want to learn more. The business is just revolving around a glorified email newsletter, and that is the only thing that brings in most of the cash.

8 people found this review helpful

VP, People

Hi there. Based on what you have written, I would like to learn more specifics from you. Please reach out so I can understand your concerns better. I know Brad will be interested to hear this as well.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Communication Nightmare

Aug 21, 2018 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very easy work. Good benefits and good work life balance.

Cons

They are doing a terrible job of communication across teams and across the organization. They treat contractors like they are incompetent and the managers are so blunt it comes across as rude. If you're looking to be a valued part of a team, look somewhere else. You are expendable.

10 people found this review helpful

VP, People

I would like to get your feedback so we can better understand from you how communication may be improved. We want to make this as transparent of an organization as possible. Please let me know if you would like to connect.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

At Brad's Deals, you get what you give, which is great.

Jun 4, 2018 - Chief Operating Officer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone has the opportunity to work autonomously while gaining experience across the company, broadening individual experience. - Those who are hungry to learn and grow, do so. Those who are not, do not. - There is no tenure-based expectation for advancement, it's entirely performance-based, which is how it should be. - The expectation for everyone is to challenge the norm and find better, more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things. - If this isn't how you're wired, then it's not a fit. If it is, you'll see the difference and grow your knowledge and skills faster than at most other companies. - Other notables include extreme flexibility with schedule / work-life balance, awesome peers, and a pretty cool office.

Cons

Given the nature of our business, we tend to scrutinize things through a contrarian lens, which can slow some decisions down from time to time.

VP, People

Agreed that we are on the right path! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences here and for helping to show the unique environment here - both in terms of opportunities and the work life balance.

10. 5.0

Editor

Apr 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very collaborative and open to ideas. Can chat with anyone you need, which is a big pro of a smaller company. Company meetings every week help keep everyone in the know and on the same page. High expectations in a relaxed atmosphere. Also a lot of flexibility which is great for a work life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

VP, People

Thanks for letting us know about your experiences so far. We definitely want it to be a transparent organization!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 English Reviews