Brad's Deals Reviews | Glassdoor

Brad Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sleeper Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Transparency and weekly all-hands meetings
    * Highly engaged team
    * Management truly cares
    * Willingness to change hard things for the better (HR policies, technology & business processes)
    * Work/life balance
    * Access and ability to make changes across teams
    * Interesting long-term prospects
    * Diverse team

Cons

* Medical benefits could be a little more favorable
    * Sometimes short-term costs for small things can be overvalued
    * Long-term vision could be more clearly communicated sometimes

Aug 5, 2018 – VP, People

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We do truly care about our team members and want to make this a supportive and engaging environment. Thanks for the advice, as well. We... More

2. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brad's Deals (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company benefits and great training

Cons

Some pressure to increase sales.

Advice to Management

Let people do their pace and plant seeds.

Nov 5, 2018 – VP, People

Thanks for sharing your feedback, its great to hear what Brad's Deals does well as well as see your advice to management. We would love the opportunity to improve your experience. Feel free to reach... More

"Clueless company"

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time

Pros

Everybody puts in the least amount of time to pay for the bills while they try to have a side hustle. The place serves like a good stepping stone. Most people at this company have something they have on the side that they care about more instead.

Cons

This is the most mismanaged team I have ever seen. The management is really terrible, and spend most of their time either "working" from home or sending each other emails about meetings. The company has been around for a long time now, and growth has pretty much slowed down, if not stopped. This company is scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, and clueless managers do not know what is going to work. They have a failed strategy after another, and really don't know what they want to do next, and yes they communicate things really very little and very late. I'm pretty sure Brad( the CEO) is frustrated at the slowing pace, and has checked out. He will occasionally just rant off in team meetings when things mess up, which is often. This business is not that interesting anyways, checkout affiliate marketing if you want to learn more. The business is just revolving around a glorified email newsletter, and that is the only thing that brings in most of the cash.

Oct 10, 2018 – VP, People

Hi there. Based on what you have written, I would like to learn more specifics from you. Please reach out so I can understand your concerns better. I know Brad will be interested to hear this... More

"A Communication Nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brad's Deals (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy work. Good benefits and good work life balance.

Cons

They are doing a terrible job of communication across teams and across the organization. They treat contractors like they are incompetent and the managers are so blunt it comes across as rude. If you're looking to be a valued part of a team, look somewhere else. You are expendable.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the good things about your employees instead of constant criticisms.

Sep 4, 2018 – VP, People

I would like to get your feedback so we can better understand from you how communication may be improved. We want to make this as transparent of an organization as possible. Please let me know if... More

"At Brad's Deals, you get what you give, which is great."

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Everyone has the opportunity to work autonomously while gaining experience across the company, broadening individual experience.
    - Those who are hungry to learn and grow, do so. Those who are not, do not.
    - There is no tenure-based expectation for advancement, it's entirely performance-based, which is how it should be.
    - The expectation for everyone is to challenge the norm and find better, more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things.
    - If this isn't how you're wired, then it's not a fit. If it is, you'll see the difference and grow your knowledge and skills faster than at most other companies.
    - Other notables include extreme flexibility with schedule / work-life balance, awesome peers, and a pretty cool office.

Cons

Given the nature of our business, we tend to scrutinize things through a contrarian lens, which can slow some decisions down from time to time.

Advice to Management

Onward. We're on the right path.

Aug 5, 2018 – VP, People

Agreed that we are on the right path! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences here and for helping to show the unique environment here - both in terms of opportunities... More

"Abundant Opportinuties"

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time

Pros

Leaders in the company (both the leadership team and front-line managers) treat people like people (and not like a 'resource'). There is trust that people can effectively work from home if they need to (and its not a big deal)

It seems that every department has a number of interesting things that they are working on.

EOS as an operating framework has really helped increase focus over the past 12 months. There were some early growing pains (which were expected) and its great to see some fruit start to ripen.

Open concept office that actually works (because there are literally 15 different conference rooms that can be reserved as-needed)

Cons

Internal communication has been hit / miss. EOS has helped surface some of the misses and its nice to see that the company adapts.

Advice to Management

Move faster on EOS, especially the vision component.

Aug 5, 2018 – VP, People

Thanks for letting us know your experiences and for voicing support of the EOS framework. We are excited to continue down that implementation path.

"Pass on this place"

I worked at Brad's Deals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy 9-5 job environment. Young people, experimental ideas and culture, but very inexperienced teams.

Cons

This company has mismanaged teams, and poorly communicated priorities. Merit and experience are always second to office politicians who are very adept getting by. The management will claim that they are “growing”, but they are just really “resetting” year after year. They have inconsistent execution all around mainly because of unclear direction. The CEO is absent most of the time, he is rarely in the office. If you are skilled individual and/or need guidance in your career, stay clear of this place.

Aug 5, 2018 – VP, People

I would love to learn more specifics from you on your review. This is contrary to the culture we have built and I want to understand how we can do a better job in these areas. Please reach out to... More

"Editor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very collaborative and open to ideas. Can chat with anyone you need, which is a big pro of a smaller company. Company meetings every week help keep everyone in the know and on the same page. High expectations in a relaxed atmosphere. Also a lot of flexibility which is great for a work life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Jun 4, 2018 – VP, People

Thanks for letting us know about your experiences so far. We definitely want it to be a transparent organization!

"Great company with relaxed atmosphere"

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team's managers are great. They understand that when their employees are thriving and working in a manner that's best for them, the company also thrives and is successful. We are not micromanaged, and we are given the opportunity to work flexible schedules and work from home as needed.

Attire is casual.

The company provides free lunch on Wednesdays, and the fridges and pantries are also stocked with good beverages and snacks.

During the summer, the entire company gets to work from home on Fridays.

Location in River North is fantastic.

Cons

The company has been trying to get employees on different teams to know each other better, but I think we could still do more in this area.

Advice to Management

I realize that no workplace is perfect. That said, I think that our salaries could be a bit higher, but the fact that our managers trust us and allow us flexibility in our schedules definitely makes up for that.

Apr 23, 2018 – VP, People

Thank you for taking the time let us know about your experiences. And thank you for your thoughts on other areas we can focus on,

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Brad's Deals full-time

Pros

laid back and welcoming atmosphere, ability to work at home if needed, the company provides lunch every Wednesday, free healthy snacks

Cons

could have more opportunities for the team bonding outside of work

Advice to Management

better communication

Jan 15, 2018 – Dir, HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. This is certainly something we can discuss further, as we love that our team members enjoy working and being with their co-workers. In the mean... More