Brad's Deals Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2022

Found 45 of over 53 reviews

4.2
Brad's Deals Founder & Editor-in-Chief Brad Wilson (no image)
Brad Wilson

57 Comments

Tech

205.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brad's Deals~445601
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "This company is scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, and clueless managers do not know what is going to work.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Appalling management, job threats, zero trust, pure dishonest business practices.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great place to work.

Feb 24, 2022 - Senior DevOps Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, love the environment and highly skilled professionals.

Cons

No possible cons so far.

2. 4.0

Strong & friendly company culture

Feb 7, 2022 - Sr. Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brad's Deals breeds a nurturing company culture that is refreshing to experience in today's workforce. Management is transparent and extremely communicative.

Cons

Strategic changes can take a little too long to shift when needed. Old habits die hard.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 9, 2020 - Data Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, good pay, flexible hours, great manager

Cons

Small bonus, lack of direction

VP, People

Thank you for your feedback! We are so thankful for your hard work over the last year. We would love to help improve your experience. Feel free to reach out internally so we can work together to make enhancements!

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great software development team to learn and grow with.

Sep 22, 2020 - Software Development Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mentors. The whole development team will give you all the help you need to learn as an intern. Great work-life balance. Good AGILE work environment with daily meetings and bi-weekly SCRUMS. Opportunity to work on projects as an intern. Very good work environment with highly approachable software development team. Work from home on Fridays.

Cons

Could have had a better pay for the interns.

VP, People

Thank you for your feedback and for the time you spent partnering with our team. It was a pleasure to have you working with us and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

5. 4.0

Editorial team

Sep 14, 2020 - Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is self-directed and the team is really good to work with.

Cons

The work can be repetitive.

VP, People

We are so glad that you are enjoying working with your team! We would love to talk internally about any additional feedback or thoughts you have on your role. We appreciate your feedback and work to allow Brad’s Deals to offer the best deals! You rock!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Nice Place to Work. Great Place to Learn.

Oct 2, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There is much to do, and not enough people to do the work. This provides an opportunity for those who are willing to try. Work is never boring. - Inspirational quotes are everywhere and reflect the attitude of the founder: You miss 100% of the shots you don't try to take. If you have a great idea, you are allowed to run with it. - The founder, Brad Wilson, is great! Everyone likes him. - Weekly catered lunches, Work Parties, Softball games, and mixers, and a stocked fridge with plenty of healthy snacks. We proudly recycle! - Work from Home Fridays during the summers. - Overall, the people who work there are good at what they do, can wear many hats, and get along well. Co-workers are helpful. If you need something, others are willing to show you how to do something. Others notice and can vote for an employee of the month. - It's a great place to learn.

Cons

- The retail selling cycle means we are busiest during Thanksgiving and Christmas and the time leading up to the holidays. Up to this time, you might have to work late. - The company is growing. Staff has doubled in size over the past year and continues to grow. We never know who is starting or when. - One executive has a very opposite style to the founder. The executive comes off as awkward and haughty.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Awesome surface perks, awful underbelly

Sep 12, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food (stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks and lunch on Wednesdays). Work at home Fridays in the summer. Lots of open spaces (and closed offices) available to work in. Flexibility with when you come in (you can start whenever you want, as long as you put in your 8 hours a day).

Cons

Working at Brad's Deals is great on the surface. It's won a ton of awards for being one of the best places to work, and that's what the company projects, outwardly and inwardly. (Sometimes I feel that the fact that this is such a great place to work is shoved down my throat.) But, in reality, it isn't. A ton of people in my department aren't satisfied. The base salary is too low, and now, it is harder to get bonuses. There was a bit of a big hype about hitting the more than 50 employee mark, but really, that isn't so much about growth as it is about replacing people. For example, if you look in the acknowledgements of Brad's book, more than half the people listed now aren't with the company (around a year and a half after the book was published). I think the cons can be summed up in three words: unfair, cheap, and favoritism.

11 people found this review helpful

Dir, HR

I am concerned upon reading your review. Please email me to set up time so we can talk further about these issues.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jul 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with very smart people. Everyone really seems to know how to get things done relatively quickly in comparison to places that I've worked at previously. The leadership team is open in terms of transparency about what is going on. Most people generally seem to be in a good mood each day, which is probably a product of the environment. Free, healthy snacks and drinks are always available. Weekly company meetings don't seem like a chore. They are fun and informative. Several fun team activities occur throughout the year. My department has a very flexible schedule and from what I can tell most other departments do as well.

Cons

The pay seems to be below industry averages, but the perks help to bridge the gap.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great and flexible work environment

Jul 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very young, open-office environment where everyone is smart, laid back and driven.The hours are flexible--Fridays are work at home in the summer, and you can work remotely almost any time as long as you're actually getting things done. Catered lunches on Wednesdays are a great motivator, and I also appreciate the free healthy drinks and snacks in the kitchen. Everyone is very open to collaboration and new ideas, and the monthly parties and weekly meetings (with beer!) help to foster new friendships and fun.

Cons

The pay isn't overly competitive, but the flexibility of my schedule makes up for that. It's also hard for me to see a clear career path within the company because everyone is so specialized, but as we grow that will probably change. Plus it seems like everyone who's been here a while has carved our their own path, which is pretty cool.

Dir, HR

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are going!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

At Brad's Deals, you get what you give, which is great.

Jun 4, 2018 - Chief Operating Officer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone has the opportunity to work autonomously while gaining experience across the company, broadening individual experience. - Those who are hungry to learn and grow, do so. Those who are not, do not. - There is no tenure-based expectation for advancement, it's entirely performance-based, which is how it should be. - The expectation for everyone is to challenge the norm and find better, more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things. - If this isn't how you're wired, then it's not a fit. If it is, you'll see the difference and grow your knowledge and skills faster than at most other companies. - Other notables include extreme flexibility with schedule / work-life balance, awesome peers, and a pretty cool office.

Cons

Given the nature of our business, we tend to scrutinize things through a contrarian lens, which can slow some decisions down from time to time.

VP, People

Agreed that we are on the right path! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences here and for helping to show the unique environment here - both in terms of opportunities and the work life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews

Brad's Deals Reviews FAQs

Brad's Deals has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 53 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Brad's Deals to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brad's Deals employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brad's Deals. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

85% of Brad's Deals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brad's Deals 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brad's Deals to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Brad's Deals Job Seekers