Bradford Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Jerry Crowder

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Bradford Health Services is a great company to work for especially considering the type of services they provide (in 4 reviews)

• You work there because you are connected with the field of addiction and want to help people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is cheating their workers with this low pay (in 3 reviews)

• The only downside that I experienced was not getting paid and the office I worked in was a tad bit crowed (in 2 reviews)

1. "Ambassadors of HOPE"

Current Employee - Administrative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure of serving Bradford Health Services in several capacities over 15+ years and have worked in 3 different states. I have worked at the residential facility in Warrior, AL and in several of the regional offices. I take great pleasure in seeing my co-workers and friends serving our communities and making a difference in the lives of those we serve. Bradford Health Services has a legacy of success and I am proud to say that my experiences are all positive. Our corporate management team harbors a great respect for our staff and they strive to acknowledge staff for personal and professional development. Bradford is a great place to work, a happy place to serve and a beacon of HOPE to our patients.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons in my opinion.

2. "direct care technican"

I worked at Bradford Health Services part-time

Pros

good environment and culture, interesting clients

Cons

low pay and not much feedback taken from staff

3. "You MUST love the work to survive here."

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time

Pros

-You get to truly connect with people who desperately need help. Especially when you can share your personal recovery and story to help someone else.

-No two days are ever the same.

-Day and night administrators are excellent and very supportive even if their hands are tied most of the time.

-Insurance is decent.

Cons

-Strong sink or swim mentality that chases out new hires with alarming speed (many literally only survive a few hours before walking out, IF they even make it into the building to begin with).

-HR and Admin are overtly condescending, in an almost "gotcha" way, when you need their help and relish shaming employees for making mistakes.

-Training for everything but your actual responsibilities.

-There is no training offered or required on actual 12-Step principles or group materials but you will be expected to use/teach them. (Hopefully you learned them from outside meetings like I did)

-Admin staff denies employees feelings or perceptions of situations based on obviously flawed information.

-Patients are difficult (obviously) but there are no consequences for misbehavior so many patients run over support staff. Admin rarely helps and refuses to remove patients who cause havoc unless other patients leave against medical advice to escape from them.

-Most departments are filled with unhappy employees looking for other jobs.

-"Support Staff" AKA counselor's assistants and program service aides are the backbone of the company and are overworked with constant overtime because they are constantly understaffed. I've seen people work well over their scheduled 80 hours in two weeks. They literally do anything and everything. Housekeeping, paperwork, groups, orientations, body searches, bag searches, drug screens, driving while handling crisis after crisis and get talked down to constantly by patients and administrators, in addition to getting paid less than Walmart employees.

-The only way to take a break is to hide (from staff and patients) outside of the building or inside a locked office otherwise you will not get one.

-Company pretends to care about employees' opinions but ignores all but the simplest requests that require either no effort or more work from staff.

-Important information is rarely shared outside of the administration until the very last minute and then staff is blamed when plans fail, because of things staff could have brought up.

-Benefits and overtime pay can be denied after you already worked those hours and there is no clear written policy about it.

-Staff are viewed as interchangable objects with no real value.

Advice to Management

-Stop making excuses by blaming the job itself for high turnover and start listening to the people doing them.

-Treat your staff like you actually care about them, not as an inconvenience.

-Offer better pay so people might actually last more than a few weeks.

-Better staffing to actually allow people to take breaks rather than just droning on about making people take breaks.

-More training on actual job responsibilities.

- Better communication between departments.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I work with is amazing. They truly go the extra mile and care about the patients and their families find the help they need to recovery and to live a life of sobriety.

Cons

There should be more Bradford Health Services facilities around the country.

"Administrator"

Current Employee - Administrator in Manchester, TN
    Current Employee - Administrator in Manchester, TN

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing dedicated to advocating for patients and families. Only facility world wide provide consultation for free and help with placement for treatment. in any social worker field it is never bankers hours, compassion these employees offer are above any. Acredidation with JCHO. Community involvement,sense of urgency and treatment planning provided at the highest of professionalism. Our motto is there is hope ahead, Stand .Fight.Win.

Cons

Not enough of these type facilities for the addicted conflicted with this disease.

Advice to Management

Quality management,with supurb guidance..

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrior, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrior, AL

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly emails are sent encouraging staff members and different offices. You get to help save lives every single day. You get to help families stay together. Coming in to work you know that you get to help be part of a movement that is taking over society with all the drugs and alcohol but you get to do your part to help change it. Bradford is extremely loyal to the employees that are loyal to them. I also don't think I've ever met an employee at Bradford who said they worked there "for the money or a paycheck." You work there because you are connected with the field of addiction and want to help people.

Cons

The field of addiction is a very hard field to be in because of all the hurt it brings on patients and families.

"Mostly great people with the exception of a couple but very rewarding experience."

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Warrior, AL
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Warrior, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to work but they don't pay enough to deal with what you deal with there.

Cons

The food could be better. The pay should be better. Management should be more pleasant and should acknowledge good workers.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for your workers who bust their tails every day for minimal pay. Money isn't everything but morale of staff is extremely important. Unhappy employees make for constant turnovers and patients do notice.

"Bradford"

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time

Pros

Bradford Health Services is a great company to work for especially considering the type of services they provide. Specializing in the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction, you find fulfillment in knowing you are part of making a difference in someone's life. Bradford has a family feel and even though it's a growing company, you feel like you are involved and what you do helps to make a difference

Cons

Pay could be higher. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Look at the structure of the employees. Understand that people are working for the cause while leaving their families on a daily basis. Allow for more work/life balance. Increase the pay from the bottom up more instead top down.

9. "Heavy Work Load"

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time

Pros

The employees are very helpful. The opportunity to earn bonuses is there and the work is fulfilling.

Cons

The work load is very heavy and sometimes requires working more than 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Either hire more employees or lessen the demands you put on counselors.

"Easy to get hired; difficult to stay"

Former Employee - Crisis Consultant
    Former Employee - Crisis Consultant

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired
    Good money starting out
    No experience needed

Cons

A lot of back stabbing
    Rude Women
    Corporate doesn't care about patients, just their money