Bradford Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Jerry Crowder

1. "Fair Company"

Former Employee - Crisis Response Consultant in Manchester, TN
    Former Employee - Crisis Response Consultant in Manchester, TN

I worked at Bradford Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

The staff are friendly and the work is rewarding.

Cons

The work is emotionally intensive and very demanding on time.

Advice to Management

The pay for the crisis response team is not adequate for the amount of work they do.

2. "Bradford review"

Current Employee - Assistant Counselor in Warrior, AL
    Current Employee - Assistant Counselor in Warrior, AL

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Staff was good and helpful

Cons

Crazy Patients, theres no telling what a patient may try to do.

3. "Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Crisis Response Consultant in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Crisis Response Consultant in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pushed me to be a stronger person and take challenges.

Cons

Management played favorites, hours were crazy, it was very unsafe when I worked there. I remember they were highly about the numbers and getting more patients in daily to meet their revenue.

Advice to Management

Management must learn to be supportive to their staff and considerate.

5. "Overwork, lack of training but great employees."

Former Employee - Counselor II in Warrior, AL
    Former Employee - Counselor II in Warrior, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworker support makes working environment bearable and settings are beautiful. You learn a lot about demographics.

Cons

Software has errors leading to redoing paperwork for hours due to it not saving correctly.

"High Turnover due to Management!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are helping people get clean and lead a good life.

Cons

The management is rarely there, lie, steal, not professional. The turnover is very high at this location due to management being unprofessional ! Low pay and being on call 24/7 and supervisor does want to pay you for the hours worked.

Advice to Management

Get new management !!!!!!!!

7. "PFSR"

Current Employee - Patient Financial Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Patient Financial Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Bradford Health Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Just helping the clients is my best experience.

Cons

There is no comment to this at this time

8. "Patient Care"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee's care deeply for the patients. Enjoyed the time I had there. Gained a lot of experience. The company was flexible with my hours while I was in school.

Cons

Turnover is high, employee's should be paid according to experience, and you could keep employee's there long term.

Advice to Management

Communicate and train, then train some more. Reward those who work hard, get rid of dead weight.

"Multiple"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes, a patient "gets it" and finds a new life. It's amazing to see this rare gem take place and invariably, you'll see it in a recovery environment.

Cons

Only homelessness and NO other option should be the reason to work for Bradford. It's all about money with these people; don't let their sly smiles and kind veneer fool you. A disgusting example of "helping professionals", make no mistake, these people care only about KEEPING THE CENSUS up. Anyone whose worked at Bradford and reads this knows its the truth. You butt kissing dillweeds up at corporate are to thank.
    But hey, as long as those desperate families (faced with the possibility of a loved one dying) keep shelling out the dough I guess your conscience is clear, right? The despicable level of manipulation I've seen "crisis counselors" use to con these people into unnecessary levels of care is the most grotesque of all. I'm embarrassed to say I ever worked here and I do NOT use this place as a reference though I left on good terms.

Advice to Management

A thorough enema; top to bottom. You are infested with long-term issues that cannot be resolved from the inside. Hire a damn consultant and REVAMP your model. Truth is, you need to SELL this company to someone with a heart AND business sense rather than just a hunger for more money. Someone who treats their employees better! Poor things run their tales off and get NO thanks for it. Very poor management. Very poor execution of leadership.

10. "Clinical Coordinator"

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Madison, AL
    Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Madison, AL

I worked at Bradford Health Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The manager was very nice patient and helpful I really appreciated the manager at the facility and some of the coworkers were also very helpful and very nice.One of the nicest managers I have ever worked for, and some of the coworkers are really nice as well.

Cons

To many chiefs one particular worker wanted to be management but was not she enjoy giving orders, and don't know how to stay in her lane, some patients are just scary, use very loud profanity I witnessed another co worker get cursed out by a patient that was very hostile. The job can pose a risk of danger from some patients some people want to be helped and its not clear which ones that don't. This job is like a police & fire very underpaid

Advice to Management

The company needs to be more concern with safety of the workers instead putting a sign that says no weapon it needs to be a body scanner at the door that can be viewed by Crisis to ensure no one has a weapon. Also there needs to be a hired police or guard on site in case there are hostile situations incidents occur to quickly to depend on getting to a phone calling for help

"Assistant Counselor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrior, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrior, AL

I have been working at Bradford Health Services full-time

Pros

Patients are the only reason to stay

Cons

Management is awful. Pay is $8-$10 per hour. Lucky to get a .30 per hour raise yearly. Most years nothing. Favoritism is rampant. Turnover is extremely high. Most shifts are short handed. They only care about the money. Get patients in. Sell them on the ECP program even if not warranted as it's the money maker. Dirty living conditions. Patients expected to clean the cottages not housekeeping. Always sick as the "Bradford Crud" is not treated by physicians for several days. Just don't do it. McDonald's would be better

Advice to Management

Clean house from the top down. The only people who have been there a long time are the ones making the money and the decisions. Run like drug addicts looking for their next fix. You only care about the money not the patients.