Bradley-Morris Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Tim Best

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Don't Buy All the Negative"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bradley-Morris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This was my only full-time position after leaving the military. I was plucked from their pool of candidates while job-seeking to run a new program at BMI dedicated to one specific and small niche, and it was one of the best decisions made in my career thus far, joining said company. I was there for nearly six years and remember the time when the former CEO herself came into the office every day and most recently the CEO who is the current. He quickly became a mentor to me along with the VP of BD, and I'll use them as references until the day I die. I was able to significantly increase my earnings with the continued experience that I gained there and left only after moving on to another great opportunity that seemed better still for me (only after much prayer, though). Had the new role in a different industry entirely not presented itself- I'd be there at work in the office today as I write this. I waited 2 months after leaving to write this review, but I can attest that they do, in fact, pay commissions that one is due to receive even up to the 2 month mark after leaving if one leaves in the correct way, giving ample notice. I'll continue to recommend them to transitioning officers, and I'll treasure the time that I spent with this company, learning the entire time.

Cons

There are none that come to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep pouring into those impressionable, talented, albeit inexperienced Account Reps and Recruiters. I always appreciated the way Mgmt was able to easily identify whether the issue was a lack of effort or a lack of training or "know how", quickly correcting the latter while owning it- that was what continually kept me going.

2. "Great Place to work"

Pros

If you work hard and are good at your job you are rewarded.

Cons

Long hours when you first start and lots of cold calling

"The leader in the industry."

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Bradley-Morris full-time

Pros

The company is leading the way in the industry with forward thinking leadership. As most of the competition is stuck in their old habits and track record, our company is thinking of new ways to innovate. The culture is based around winning and succeeding. That means working hard and paying your dues. It's not a easy job but it's rewarding if you have the ability to adapt and overcome. Very open dialogue with our leaders and change is welcome in order to best suit the customer and candidate. The company will continue to grow in positive ways.

Cons

If you are looking for a place to make a good living without working for it, move on. This job takes time to develop clients and relationships. If you can't make the time to invest in your development, no one will grab you and make you do it. You have to be motivated to be successful. If anything our company holds on to the people who shouldn't be there and who are detrimental to the morale of the team. People who are not billing and haven't for years, will never bill. Stop holding on past glory and cut the cord. We have become more forgiving than ever.

Lastly, to those morons who continue to bash this company, stop. You're embarrassing yourself and make you look sad and pathetic. Thank God they removed the cancer before it spread. Sadly, it shows how sad your performance was and how much you still want to be a part of something you should of never been a part of from the start. Stop living in the past and find something else to do with your time than degrade the reputation of a company we love.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for people to grow.
    Continue to share insight of the growth of the company.

"Military Placement Firm"

I worked at Bradley-Morris full-time

Pros

Opportunity to earn unlimited commissions. Rewarding work. Marketing/selling an outstanding product. With some proven success, can own your own time and earn work/life flexibility. Superior proprietary applicant tracking/CRM system - far exceeds competitors. Outstanding marketing - company is known where it should be known.

Cons

Per most placement agencies, flat structure with limited promotion potential (to management, eg). Turnover higher in the industry than perhaps other sales organizations, but new employees learn very quickly if they have it or if they do not.

"Great Opportunity to help fellow Veterans"

Current Employee - Just Another Veteran
    Current Employee - Just Another Veteran

I have been working at Bradley-Morris full-time

Pros

Outstanding team of (mostly) former Military professionals, all whom care about others. The ability to maintain a flexible schedule. Great atmosphere. Solid rewards for good performance.
      I have been an employee at Bradley-Morris for over 5 years and helped hundreds of Veterans find employment and tend to the needs of their families while separating from the Service. Being a former Vet myself I can tell you that it can be a very stressful time. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company and will continue to do so for many years to come. I believe in what we do for the men and women who serve (or served) and will tell anyone that there isnt a better company out there that helps veterans, period.

Cons

Nothing negative to report. The Company does what they say they can do and there are thousands of success stories that prove it. Many of them are even posted on the company website. Having a positive, profound impact on our fellow brothers and sisters (and setting them up for success) is why we do this. It isnt about money. I don't have any regrets joining the team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing, and continue focusing on helping the team help the ones who are transitioning from the Military

"Constant Turnover"

Pros

It's a very relaxed environment with fun co-workers that go out for lunch/drinks together usually on a weekly basis.

Cons

Sales team are on the clock essentially round the clock. If a sales person doesn't make a placement within the first 3 months, they're usually let go the next month which results in at least 2-3 terminations a month. Additionally, they are quick to deduct pay from employees that aren't doing well in Sales, but could care less about following the same procedures with employees that are doing well in Sales.

Advice to Management

Apply the same rules to all employees.

"Not impressed and was initially!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

helping other veterans like myself to gain employment. Make a good income if you can produce. Benefits package is okay. Casual dress code. Awarded company trips if you reach goals.

Cons

No 401k matching, Veterans Day is not a holiday. Lots of changes within the organization in recent years. You certainly see lots of favoritism at this organization and even see some set up for success while others set up for failure. You also a a revolving door of employees that come and go which can also kill morale. All focus initially will be made on how many people you contact and phone dials. Very little understanding or support for time taken for all meetings and research time. You're expected to research at home on your time and come prepared to make 100 calls like a robot. Everyone burns out at some point at this pace. After your probation period you are considered 100% commission with no quaranteed income. Management and team leads, many of which are not authentic and don't even seem to value many of their old term employees that have produced lots of revenue for them. Personality differences mainly. They have also had a number of their old term employees depart and go to competitor organizations of recent years which is and was telling in my tenure at this organization. Overall, it's all about the money at this place. So if you're looking for a place that cares about the employees truly, this will not be the right employer for you.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the level of professionalism you portray, especially on your company trips to other Countries. Value those few original or long term employees you have left. They've put a lot of heart and soul into building what the company has become.

"No special treatment - Rewards are exclusively tied to performance - And that's a good thing!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Bradley-Morris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Independent/entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and success has financial rewards. After a week of training, you jump straight on the phones and start running your own desk as if it were a business. Those that succeed ask tons of questions from their more experienced peers and try to learn from their experience. Those that try to go it alone are those that fail (most of the reviews you see here are from those people). There isn’t a lot of spoon feeding but if you ask for help everyone is more than happy to give it – the team's success hinges on each individual's success. The work is by no means easy but it is frustratingly simple… If you have the work ethic to stay on the phone and continue to improve at your craft you will slowly start seeing success and eventually will earn a great income. I went from 85k/yr in the private sector to 60k my first year at BMI. I’ve cleared 150k every year thereafter and over 200k in some years. I work my behind off. I’m in the top 20% of earners – there are some that make more, some that make less. There aren’t any “special people” or “favoritism” bonuses – you eat what you kill. People who are hunters love it. People who are gatherers feel like it’s not them – it’s the system. Many take the job having convinced themselves they are hunters but realize a few weeks or sometimes a few months into it that they aren’t (again, the people who leave reviews here). All of the tenured reps started in the same spot as the new employees – with an empty database and a phone that was dying to be worked. There’s a very fair system in place to ensure everyone has access to companies and contacts that aren’t being actively being serviced. I’ve had new guys call on and make money with companies I was working just a year and a half ago – I got busy and failed to engage. No special protection or client hoarding here.

Cons

- If you are thinking of working here, take a serious self-assessment before taking the plunge. It sounds easy to pick up the phone and make 100 dials a day but it takes a very strong work ethic. And it’s not a one-call close or transactional sale. Get past the initial business development phase and you quickly learn ours is a complex consultative sale that requires exceptional tact in dealing with both clients and candidates. It takes a combination of listening and persuasion, patience and persistence to move a revue opportunity from job order to offer accepted. Not everyone has it or can develop it quickly enough to sustainably make money in this field.

- Benefits aren’t great. The company focuses on pushing as much in the way of commissions to its people as possible. This means managing expenses and not operating the benefits program as if we lived in a communist country…. If you are a reservist in the military, Tricare Reserve is a great option. Otherwise come to grips with the fact that that medical insurance has a cost….

Advice to Management

- Keep investing! Tremendous investment in growing the company over the last few years from a candidate generation standpoint and from an IT infrastructure standpoint. Keep doing what it takes to enable ensure we can keep providing the best candidates and customer service in our space.

"Good company, difficult work to succeed in"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bradley-Morris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexible job, ability to work from home, not very much travel, not a hard job to do, excellent work atmosphere

Cons

100% commission, very difficult to obtain clients given the state of the job market, competition from other agencies, and lack of interest from companies to use outside hiring firms.

"Fun & Not fun"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great comroderie amongst peers if they're your friend. Casual environment, conferences were fun and if your clients happen to be hiring/paying their bills, definite opportunity to make solid money.

Cons

Compensation & endless cold-calling, helping the rich get richer. Wild-west environment of reps gaming the system to hold onto sales contacts for too long and squashing the newbies along the way.

Advice to Management

Develop a system to mentor employees and get away from turn style method of recruiting. Stop hiring new people just to make a phone calls, burn themselves out, and pass those leads to the rich upon new employees termination.