Brafton Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Brafton President Tom Agnew
Tom Agnew

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also get to work from home one day a week which is super convenient (in 49 reviews)

• Work-life balance seems to be very good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can become a challenge (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management would rather lock clients into contracts rather than give the creative teams the resources they need to actually make clients happy (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Brafton provides a great environment to work in"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brafton provides a very flexible and inviting environment. You are given more than enough time to really learn the process and always have people you can fall back on for help. Work from home options are also available for those who need it/want it.

Cons

Not much bad to say, it does take quite a bit of time before you feel as if you mastered the job but overall nothing bad to say.

"Recap of five years in different roles at the company"

Former Employee - Content Marketing Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Content Marketing Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly flexible work schedules, can work from home often; company is currently well in tune with present SEO best practices; get to work with many different clients/customer industries; ideal work environment for self-starters.

Cons

Pay for production positions not great, inconsistencies in management styles across managers/supervisors.

Advice to Management

Ensure managers have the time and resources to adequately train and fully support staff, and that team members receive compensation adequate for their contributions to the company. Keep up the great work with the website and SEO/digital marketing trainings!

3. "Oh Brafton"

I worked at Brafton full-time

Pros

Made great friends and had awesome co workers. Learned a lot about the industry. Supervisors/managers were always helpful and supportive. Great Boston location. Office was very nice.

Cons

The quota was hard to hit. The industry is very saturated, which makes marketing a hard sell. A lot of companies have a negative stigma towards Brafton (either worked with them in the past or have heard negative things about them), which makes it even more hard to sell. Lack of communication between departments. A lot of internal restructuring.

"Couldn't ask for better colleagues"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager/Marketing Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brafton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Brafton for about 3 years - with a 6 month hiatus in the middle to travel (highly recommend - and I was very lucky Brafton let me come right back!). I work full time in San Francisco and feel empowered to run my own book of business with clients in the industries I am interested in.

Cons

I love that so many people get to work remote and Brafton is flexible, but I would love to do more inter-office travel or office outings, events, etc. It would be nice if we hired a People Officer!

Advice to Management

Allow and encourage content creators to travel more to client meetings/in-persons

5. "A Tough Job from the Start"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were nice and I always found it easy to have fun with them. Leadership fostered a fairly positive work environment. The physical space was nice and had a great vibe.

Cons

Our products never really felt like they connected. I worked in the SMB division, this meant budgets were tight. Because of this customers could never really get the value they were expecting. Timelines were tight, but not horrendous. Leadership was mostly good but not great. Compensation was sub-par.

Advice to Management

Find a way to reduce turnover. This created a disjointed feeling for customers. One person would start a project and three people later the projects were done. Also, find a way to connect with customers, Brafton will be able to deliver better/more relevant content. There was never a good way to create a comprehensive strategy.

6. "SEO Content / Copywriter"

Former Employee - SEO Copywriter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - SEO Copywriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brafton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team of editors and AP support. Brafton certainly gives writers the resources to become a solid writer. Expanding services.

Cons

Workload is unmanageable. New writers are expected to produce 3-4K words per day and the pay / benefits are unacceptable for college graduates.

Advice to Management

Read less Bloomberg articles on how to run a marketing business and become truly invested in your company’s services.

Mar 7, 2018 – Company Director

Hi - This is Tom Agnew. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. I do wonder if your experience was a number of years ago? In the last four years, as we have accelerated our focus on content... More

7. "WARNING - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Account Management in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Management in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Boston office is in a great location.

Cons

As an account manager, if you are a woman you will do well. If you are a man, pretend to be a feminist and you will do well.

Teams are very stretched for resources. Lots of time is spent trying to figure out what clients we could get away with not delivering the content that we promised, rather than delivering exceptional content to all clients.

There is a group of very dedicated and very talented writers, videographers and graphic designers working at Brafton, but the office environment is depressing. Most people mope around all day complaining about their jobs.

Advice to Management

As a content marketing agency, it would be wise to pay your content creators a living wage so that they are happy and continue to produce good content.

Look at how many VPs, AVPs, SVPs and higher who are currently employed in account management and cut that number in half.

Mar 15, 2018 – Company Director

Thanks for your review. I am sorry that after over three years of working with us you feel like this.

We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and I am proud of our female and... More

8. "Senior Graphic Designer"

I worked at Brafton full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, diverse, and independent work environment. Exposure to various fields and clients, ability to collaborate as a team but trusted enough to work alone, and total creative freedom when called for. Knowledgeable and talented design team, and super smart art director. Open work from home policy which is extremely helpful, and friendly, cool managers and coworkers.

Cons

Large amounts of work to complete in a short amount of time, miscommunication between departments, and employee recognition not shared when it should be.

Advice to Management

Give back to your teams. Up the energy of your HQ, and provide more perks for your employees. They will work even harder for you!

Mar 14, 2018 – Director People Operations

Thanks from the Brafton team for your constructive feedback! Wonderful to hear your experience at Brafton was positive and career-building. We'll definitely take stock of your points on the Boston... More

9. "I liked it"

Former Employee - News and Content Writer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - News and Content Writer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a good company

Cons

You could burn out sometimes

"Great first job out of college!"

Current Employee - Social Media Strategist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Social Media Strategist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brafton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brafton is a small company with really genuine, smart people. It's a great environment to work in, especially right out of college. You get to work across different departments and grow in a lot of areas of marketing and business, not just your own department. Since starting, I've had an appropriate amount of time to ease into my role and take on more responsibility without feeling overwhelmed. I have a really supportive team and management to help me whenever I need it. They also care a lot about personal growth. My manager pays close attention to what areas I'm gaining experience and what areas I could use more exposure to so that I can learn as much as possible and feel comfortable in my role. Management is very smart and helpful. They're especially flexible too, which is a great perk to balancing life outside of work. I also get to work from home one day a week which is super convenient. I all-around think this is a great role and I would recommend it to others.

Cons

With cross-departmental communication, there can be some confusion and miscommunication with clients and even internally. However, everyone here is really hard-working and helpful so we always figure out the problems. As in any role, pay and benefits could be better. Boston's just a very expensive city. But for a first role out of college, it's a good package.