KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 260 of over 265 reviews

4.1
Brafton President Tom Agnew
Tom Agnew
Pros
  • "Work-from-home policy is second to none(in 53 reviews)

• "Castleford is a great place to work, especially for writers or journalists looking to enhance their ability to develop content that is effective online(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does a good job with escalated client issues but can sometimes be out of tune with what goes on on a daily basis(in 20 reviews)

• "Writers tend to place blame on Section Editors and Assistant(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

248 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to grow your career

Apr 13, 2021 - Vice President of Sales in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Working from home is a great perk. Lots of opportunities to advance your career. People here are smart and wonderful to work with.

Cons

The technology you are given could be a bit better.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pushes you to be the best!

Jun 14, 2021 - Cms in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn so much about SEO and content marketing Become an expert in the space Get a chance to increase experience across B2B businesses Ability to increase exposure and experience speaking to c-suite executives at vary sized organizations Great co-workers Remote with ability to go in person if desired Management tries very hard to keep the team happy

Cons

Fast paced, can feel overwhelmed at times Quota can be difficult to achieve

3. 2.0

Meh

May 8, 2021 - Content Writer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Writing gigs are hard to come by when you’re entry level

Cons

Asks too much, pays too little

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

Heartless Managers and Soul Crushing Quotas

Mar 6, 2021 - News &Amp; Content Writer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home. But now, that will be the new normal for many companies.

Cons

The week I returned after watching my only grandfather pass away, my managers told me I wasn't doing "quality work." This is just one example of where their heads are at. They have been promising—since I worked there and even until this day, I'm sure—they were planning to lower the word count quota of 4,000 words a day. They will never, ever change this astonishing quota. Like others, I was blamed if I couldn't keep up with the quota in favor of having a normal work/life balance.

8 people found this review helpful

Brafton Response

Writer

We’re sorry that you remember your experience with us so negatively, especially so many years later. That being said, we do find your accusations under “Advice to Management” to be wholly untrue and, frankly, beyond distasteful. We strongly feel that your representations of the workloads of our creative teams are not an accurate reflection of Brafton today. We do continue to promote quality in everything that we do. Work-life balance, flexible work-from-home options, generous benefits and career progression opportunities are at the heart of our organization and, in fact, our success. In addition, we regularly make supportive arrangements for any employee who is dealing with bereavement, illness or any other form of personal hardship.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

8+ Years with this amazing company

Feb 1, 2021 - Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work flexibility, freedom to explore any and all ideas, trust in employees, and career advancement opportunities. I started at Brafton as an account manager and have since moved up to chief marketing officer. That type of upward momentum only happens in organizations that value input from every corner of the business, regardless of title.

Cons

Highly competitive - we constantly have to fight to stay on top.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Solid Place To Work

Jan 29, 2021 - Marketing Director in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. There is always an opportunity to grow and learn new things here. 2. The company's overall business performance is reported to everyone regularly, so we all know how Brafton is doing each quarter, which helps during difficult times. 3. The transition to a primarily remote workforce was seamless during the pandemic.

Cons

It's a tough industry to be in. The work is hard, but it's rewarding.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work and grow

Jan 29, 2021 - Vice President Sales Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking vision with an incredible culture and talented & intelligent creative pros!

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company full of smart people

Jan 29, 2021 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Creative, innovative business. Great people.

Cons

Competitive industry so you need to stay sharp and be prepared to put the work in.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Endless learning

Jan 22, 2021 - Senior Writer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really awesome co-workers - Work-from-home policy is second to none - Super engaging work: A lot of different clients across industries means endless learning opportunities

Cons

- Job can get demanding at times, especially when high-maintenance clients that hold a lot of meetings are thrown into the mix

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0

Got burnt out

Jan 28, 2021 - Content Writer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent work, stable income, decent coworkers

Cons

So much work you get burnt out

2 people found this review helpful