Brafton Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Brafton President Tom Agnew
Tom Agnew

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also get to work from home one day a week which is super convenient (in 48 reviews)

• Work-life balance seems to be very good (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can become a challenge (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management would rather lock clients into contracts rather than give the creative teams the resources they need to actually make clients happy (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Challenging work at a fun company"

I worked at Brafton full-time

Pros

It's an agency filled with great, talented people, where the culture is awesome and you'll make great friends. You'll get professional experience with huge growth possibilities, and if you take it upon yourself, you can learn so much about a wide range of industries. I've found that usually serves people well in the future.

Cons

The pay is comparatively low, but I believe they're working on that. The workload can be excessive at times, but if you deal with stress well, it's fine. Sometimes there's a disconnect between account management/sales and creative teams, but such is agency life.

Advice to Management

Remember that creativity on demand can be taxing and hard.

"Brafton provides a great environment to work in"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brafton provides a very flexible and inviting environment. You are given more than enough time to really learn the process and always have people you can fall back on for help. Work from home options are also available for those who need it/want it.

Cons

Not much bad to say, it does take quite a bit of time before you feel as if you mastered the job but overall nothing bad to say.

3. "I liked it"

Former Employee - News and Content Writer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - News and Content Writer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a good company

Cons

You could burn out sometimes

4. "Great first job out of college!"

Current Employee - Social Media Strategist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Social Media Strategist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brafton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brafton is a small company with really genuine, smart people. It's a great environment to work in, especially right out of college. You get to work across different departments and grow in a lot of areas of marketing and business, not just your own department. Since starting, I've had an appropriate amount of time to ease into my role and take on more responsibility without feeling overwhelmed. I have a really supportive team and management to help me whenever I need it. They also care a lot about personal growth. My manager pays close attention to what areas I'm gaining experience and what areas I could use more exposure to so that I can learn as much as possible and feel comfortable in my role. Management is very smart and helpful. They're especially flexible too, which is a great perk to balancing life outside of work. I also get to work from home one day a week which is super convenient. I all-around think this is a great role and I would recommend it to others.

Cons

With cross-departmental communication, there can be some confusion and miscommunication with clients and even internally. However, everyone here is really hard-working and helpful so we always figure out the problems. As in any role, pay and benefits could be better. Boston's just a very expensive city. But for a first role out of college, it's a good package.

5. "A+ growth opportunities, excellent place to learn"

Former Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted three times over my 3-year career at Brafton. It was my first job out of college and I arguably did not have the complete skill set needed when I first started. Brafton is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. However, the people that work there are hands down the best part. I made some of my best friends at this company and they are truly what made me excited to come to work each day. The clients are also usually willing to take risks and responsive to new ideas.

Cons

On the flip side, clients can sometimes be stuck in their ways and unwillingly to try new things which can make the job seem somewhat mundane. Upper management does a good job with escalated client issues but can sometimes be out of tune with what goes on on a daily basis. I always appreciated the fact that I wasn't micromanaged but did also feel like upper management wasn't always aware of the great work we were doing and what it took to get that work done.

Advice to Management

Get involved sooner rather than later.

"Good , solid workplace"

Former Employee - Writer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Writer in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great work atmosphere, very accommodating to its staff. I've read other reviews about the company that were very negative and, not to discount their experiences, but I found it to be the complete opposite of those reviews. Perhaps those other experience were when the company was under different management, but I found them to be very professional, with experienced people at almost every position. They work with everyone to help prevent problems before they become real issues. The workload is consistent with this type of business and they don't demand a person do more than they can handle. It takes planning and consistency on the part of the employee to make it work but it's doable. In addition, many of the people there are very knowledgeable in various subjects and they have a great system of onboarding clients. For writers, it can feel a bit tedious creating, for example, blog posts for the same client/subject over and over but you'll also be able to move on to different subjects to keep fresh. Fun atmosphere, fun work events and the chance to earn bonus money. A good place to work.

Cons

Some managers may have a bit more work than they can handle, and as such sometimes things fall through the cracks or they make promises to clients that should be discussed with the creatives (artists, writers, etc.). This system can be tightened to prevent disappointed clients. Also, what the company does needs to be better explained to client. Often they end up directing writers to pretty much write the exact words they tell them, when the process is actually something different.

Advice to Management

A little tweaking on the project manager process would help and assigning topics to writers that have deeper knowledge of the subject would avoid disappointed clients and wasted time redoing writing work.

7. "Content Writer"

Pros

Exposure to lots of different industries
    Client face-time
    Innovative products

Cons

Sweatshop-style work
    Long hours
    Tedious

Advice to Management

Develop writers to become industry specialists and consultants

"content writer"

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers if you got to know them before they went through the revolving door that is Brafton employment.

Cons

People come and go all the time because the workload is horrendous with low pay to match. They bill themselves as a news-gathering company when all they're doing is having their "writers" lift already published information from other sources. Everything is product-driven so it's all marketing, and not very good quality at that. The outrageous workload sucks the life out of most people so quickly they can't wait to go on to their next job.

Advice to Management

Be honest - you're a marketing firm, not a news operation.

"Designer"

I have been working at Brafton full-time

Pros

Experience, learn to work quickly

Cons

Very little pay, poor management, bad morale

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more

"Great entry level sales positions"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Incredible management. Perfect Boston location. Clear expectations. Great work/life balance.

Cons

A BDR role can get tedious at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!