Cover image for Brafton

Join the conversation on

Advertising

125.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brafton~337405
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "You will meet many great people at Brafton(in 43 reviews)
  • "There is a great opportunity here to make money within every division of company if you are talented and hard working.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The social culture is good, but again, could be due to the need to relieve the stress of work.(in 8 reviews)
  • "working from home, great coworkers(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people and a quality agency

Mar 1, 2022 - Design Director in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great talented people and friendly environment We're 100% remote Good leadership and company direction; good communication Big brands, great strategies, exciting and new UX assets Well defined processes (now) I love designing UX and working with our designers I personally get to work with talented designers everyday - what could be better?

Cons

As an agency, we take on some tough deadlines Need more training time (we're working on it) but more time to research

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very Middle of the Road With So Much Potential

Sep 13, 2022 - Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid camaraderie. My team and direct manager has my back, can see the macro (and meta) of this not being a life or death job, and I suspect that’s true for most teams. Solid training. It may not all come at once, but I have had an exceptional experience getting the support or further understanding I needed. I’ve been told and have directly observed this being true for other teams as well.

Cons

I could talk about the pace and the blurred lines of client interface between at least a few specific roles in the company when only one should be dealing with clients, but I’m going to address a recurring review I keep seeing. I’m not sure why people are saying there’s generous PTO. It’s basically the bare minimum employers are legally required to give…and incredibly subpar compared to the WEEKS (or unlimited) other agency and tech companies give their employees—as well as the paid week off between xmas and new years many industry-adjacent companies give. Same goes for parental leave, etc. Direct from the employee handbook revised this summer 2022: Staff starts with 14 days Managers start with 16 days Directors start with 18 days These increase two days per year and theses days per year is accrued and not upon hire. Sick days (5 per year) were recently turned into “personal” days. “An employee is eligible to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid family/medical leave within a 12 month period…[provided that the employee has worked there at least 12 months.” 🙃 Now, despite this being a “global” company that is now fully remote, the ONLY exception is if you are based in a state (like Mass, where the HQ is) where the legal requirement is 12wks paid family leave. Lastly. The company recently switched insurance providers away from Blue Cross Blue Shield to something cheaper for the company & less widespread—which is forcing a lot of folks out of network with their regular providers. Cool.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Brafton team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible

Oct 19, 2022 - Content Writer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

First job. gotta start somewhere i guess.

Cons

It's a sweatshop. Execs are inappropriate. Boss was emotionally abusive. And I'm not throwing that word around carelessly. I mean it. terrible pay too.

4 people found this review helpful

Brafton Response

Director People Operations

Hello. As an exec team we wanted to address this review, as it certainly stands apart from most other reviews here on Glassdoor and from other employee or former employee feedback that we solicit and document as a business. First we would like to address the review writer directly. We take any allegation of emotional abuse very, very seriously - both for the health and well-being of our staff, as well as for the reputational security and well-being of our management team. If you believe you experienced emotional abuse during your time as a Brafton employee we request that you please reach out to speak with us. We will listen, document and carefully investigate any allegations. Second, we would also like to directly address prospective employees who might be reading these reviews. We work very hard as a management team to create the following for our staff: a calm environment, a strong work-life balance, and a healthy, pleasant and friendly culture. Our teams' workloads are very carefully managed, and we offer competitive salary and benefits (all of which we are transparent about in our recruitment process). We are shocked to see a former employee refer to us as a "sweatshop" with an abusive environment. We feel the need to express that here, where we know many applicants research prospective employers. If you have any questions about the content writer role at Brafton please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at info@brafton.com

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Evolving work environment

Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have really been impressed lately by Brafton's efforts in expanding teams to help reduce workloads across the board. It's a great sign of how much the company values our well being as employees rather than just viewing us as output machines. There has been a lot of growth internally lately, in both our offerings and our talent pool. Excited to see where we go next!

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive, but they suit my needs.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great Leadership - A lot of overtime

Sep 8, 2022 - Content Marketing Strategist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership Great team members Great support

Cons

A lot of hours for not that much pay

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Creative, multi-faceted work

May 24, 2022 - Senior Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Generous PTO - Flexible work location (zero requirement to ever set foot in the office) - Incredibly bright, talented people - Creative, engaging work - Management does a good job of making people feel values by celebrating accomplishments and important milestones - A ton of learning opportunities

Cons

- Can be fast-paces at times - Clients can be demanding

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Mixed feelings

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for strategists Quick promotions Great if you are young and single

Cons

Clients sold content that writers don’t have to subject matter expertise to fulfill. Can be stressful at times Client load is extremely large compared to other agencies

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Low Pay, Insane Workload, No Support or Career Development

Oct 25, 2021 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent creative team -Decent benefits -Nice location

Cons

-Impossibly high workload that leaves no time for substantive client/product research -Will pay you the bare minimum for incredibly challenging work -Difficulty of assignments varies drastically between clients -Little-to-no support from Project/Account Management Team when it comes to client/product knowledge -High stress and turnover creates a waterwheel culture within the creative team -Tight deadlines and last-minute client changes frequently leads to crunch -Writers are often billed as "subject matter experts" with barely any experience, qualifications or interest in a given market sector. This typically results in writers being assigned complex clients/projects without vital background information, functional knowledge of the topic, or time to fully research.

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ehhhhhhhhhh

Mar 30, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brafton is a well-established agency that looks great on a resume (dropping their name helped me land my new position) You get to work with cool people No micromanagement Good healthcare bens Managers make time for you (despite being super busy)

Cons

I worked at Brafton for awhile and constantly felt behind on my work. This is because the writers follow a unit system that doesn't really make sense. You have to complete 15 units a day but there are things writers have to do (prep/lead SME interviews, attend meetings, etc.) that they don't receive units for. This leads to work piling up and a LOT of stress. Imagine that as a writer, you have to attend an hour-long kickoff call, except you don't receive units for that call. That means you have to work frantically after to make up for that time and fulfil your units. I got sick of it eventually and moved on to a new agency. Also it's pretty obvious that a lot of the project managers don't actually understand what writers need to succeed and lean on writers to attend meetings so they can just get the necessary info themselves...which is why writers feel so stressed (because they are attending meetings + trying to complete their daily workload). Kind of a weird dynamic...

4 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Former Employee

good entry level job

May 4, 2022 - Market Research
    Business Outlook

Pros

young work environment, good management

Cons

low pay, work got repetitive

Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Reviews
</>Embed

Brafton Reviews FAQs

Brafton has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 289 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Brafton to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brafton employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brafton. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

79% of Brafton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brafton 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brafton to be work life balance, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Brafton Job Seekers