Brafton Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Brafton President Tom Agnew
Tom Agnew
Pros
  • "Work-from-home policy is second to none(in 53 reviews)

• "Castleford is a great place to work, especially for writers or journalists looking to enhance their ability to develop content that is effective online(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management does a good job with escalated client issues but can sometimes be out of tune with what goes on on a daily basis(in 20 reviews)

• "Writers tend to place blame on Section Editors and Assistant(in 20 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Endless learning"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Writer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brafton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Really awesome co-workers - Work-from-home policy is second to none - Super engaging work: A lot of different clients across industries means endless learning opportunities

Cons

- Job can get demanding at times, especially when high-maintenance clients that hold a lot of meetings are thrown into the mix

"Run"

1.0
    Former Employee - Market Research

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home is the only pro

Cons

Everything but work from home is a con

3. "Associate Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Digital Marketing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brafton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great vibe and great people, in-office snacks, drinks and beer, lots of training and everyone is willing to answer questions/help out, flexible work hours and work from home, CEO is very hands on with all employees and takes time to get to know newbies

Cons

unfortunately there are no office dogs :/

"Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Brafton for nearly 4 years, starting as a content writer and finishing as a project manager. The company changed quite a bit during that time, moving buildings, shifting roles, responding to industry developments, adding products, reorganizing. I enjoyed that change and felt it was not simply for the sake of changing, but as part of an effort to improve and grow more competitive. Management always did a great job of explaining why the company was doing what it was doing. Content marketing is not exactly like traditional creative agencies, particularly when it comes to copywriting, but it is a creative space. Writers, graphic designers, videographers, social media strategists, animators, etc. all stand to benefit from the variety of work and exposure to other creative fields - not to mention the collaborative mindset. As a writer, there are opportunities to develop your skills in more technical/pharma writing, traditional blog writing, web-based writing (landing pages, pithy headlines)... and those all can lead to highly lucrative careers if you know where you want to go and are good at it. I appreciated the growth opportunities available. I went into project management, but I know other writers who transitioned into account management and leadership roles. At the end, both my direct manager and his boss (now in executive leadership) started their Brafton careers as writers. In addition, I know many Brafton alumni (myself included) who went on to work at startups, large companies, marketing agencies, biotech, etc... you wear a lot of hats, and the Brafton transparency means you have access to plenty of valuable skills training and talented people. Downtown location was nice enough, great flexibility to work from home or take a bit of time for an appointment etc. whenever necessary. Some travel opportunities, depending on your clients - I got to go to Clearwater Beach, San Francisco, NYC, Chicago... and the benefits package was fine, as far as I could tell. Lastly, I loved my coworkers, broadly speaking. I never had a single bad manager during my tenure, and worked under somewhere between 6-8 (there was a lot of turnover early on, but that seemed to level off a bit in later years).

Cons

I badly wanted to give Brafton 5 stars, because in reading past reviews it's gotten a bad deal. Hours can be long, workload can be high, and I often felt frustrated. When I joined Brafton I thought I would be there 6-12 months before springing for greener pastures. I stayed nearly 4 years. This, despite my constant bellyaching over salary - and yes, you can earn more elsewhere. For that reason I wouldn't necessarily recommend Brafton to a seasoned, mid-career marketer, unless you truly don't care about pay. But some of the reviewers (fewer of late, which is good) seem to think they should be given everything they want right out of college. Doesn't work like that. If all Brafton does is give you a year of exposure and marketing experience, that's worthwhile and can move you forward in your career. Otherwise, if you stay and perform and stay hungry, they do promote and do give raises. Management does care about its employees.

Continue reading

"Brafton Allowed Me to Grow and Learn as a Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great experience as an employee at Brafton. I loved my boss! She was extremely supportive and helpful throughout my entire time at Brafton. I had a tremendous amount of 1-on-1 time with my boss my boss, provided a great environment to learn. Brafton provides a really nice work life balance - with an added bonus of getting to work from home one day a week. I learned more than I ever thought I would and I'm extremely grateful for my time at Brafton!

Cons

I really don't have any noteworthy cons.

"Great place to learn and grow as a professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a positive experience at Brafton over the course of 3.5 years working in the editorial department. Management: My direct manager was fabulous and the exec team was always willing to listen to employee feedback. Flexibility: I really appreciated the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week. I also didn't feel pressured to arrive at precisely 8:30 a.m. or anything like that. As long as you do a great job, the hours are flexible in the editorial department. Fast-pace: The workload is high and the pace is fast, but if you are someone who works quickly and enjoys keeping busy that's a plus! I never watched the clock waiting for the day to end. In fact, it was the opposite - every day flew by. Professional development: If you want to learn about the content marketing industry, develop new skills and build your portfolio, this is a great place to do that. Office: The office is in the Financial District and a short walk from South Station. It's a nice open loft-style building with lots of windows and natural light. Dress code: The dress code is casual - you only need to dress up for client visits. Co-workers: It's a fun, casual environment with lots of great, nice people. Travel: I had opportunities to travel to NYC, Chicago, Miami and St. Louis. Future opportunities: I rated Brafton a 5 for career opportunities because working here for 3-5 years will open many doors.

Cons

***Something that needs to be said*** I was 34 when I started at Brafton. Compared to some of the jobs I had held in the past, Brafton was wonderful. Many people come to Brafton straight out of college and therefore have nothing to compare it to. So when you see people say this was the worst job ever, take it with a grain of salt. Is Brafton perfect? Heck no. Were there days that were stressful? Yes. Am I happy I worked here for 3.5 years? Absolutely! Leaving for a new opportunity is bittersweet. Change: This company has been in business for more than a decade but it's still in startup mode - things are constantly changing. For me, this was good because it kept me from getting bored. But for people who don't like change, this can be stressful. Salaries: In the creative departments, salaries are low.

Continue reading

"Recap of five years in different roles at the company"

Former Employee - Content Marketing Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Highly flexible work schedules, can work from home often; company is currently well in tune with present SEO best practices; get to work with many different clients/customer industries; ideal work environment for self-starters.

Cons

Pay for production positions not great, inconsistencies in management styles across managers/supervisors.

Continue reading
  8. "Senior Graphic Designer"

I worked at Brafton full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, diverse, and independent work environment. Exposure to various fields and clients, ability to collaborate as a team but trusted enough to work alone, and total creative freedom when called for. Knowledgeable and talented design team, and super smart art director. Open work from home policy which is extremely helpful, and friendly, cool managers and coworkers.

Cons

Large amounts of work to complete in a short amount of time, miscommunication between departments, and employee recognition not shared when it should be.

Brafton Response

March 14, 2018Director People Operations

Thanks from the Brafton team for your constructive feedback! Wonderful to hear your experience at Brafton was positive and career-building. We'll definitely take stock of your points on the Boston office this year, as we're in the middle of revamping the space.

"Great first job out of college!"

Current Employee - Social Media Strategist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brafton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brafton is a small company with really genuine, smart people. It's a great environment to work in, especially right out of college. You get to work across different departments and grow in a lot of areas of marketing and business, not just your own department. Since starting, I've had an appropriate amount of time to ease into my role and take on more responsibility without feeling overwhelmed. I have a really supportive team and management to help me whenever I need it. They also care a lot about personal growth. My manager pays close attention to what areas I'm gaining experience and what areas I could use more exposure to so that I can learn as much as possible and feel comfortable in my role. Management is very smart and helpful. They're especially flexible too, which is a great perk to balancing life outside of work. I also get to work from home one day a week which is super convenient. I all-around think this is a great role and I would recommend it to others.

Cons

With cross-departmental communication, there can be some confusion and miscommunication with clients and even internally. However, everyone here is really hard-working and helpful so we always figure out the problems. As in any role, pay and benefits could be better. Boston's just a very expensive city. But for a first role out of college, it's a good package.

"Brafton provides a great environment to work in"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Brafton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brafton provides a very flexible and inviting environment. You are given more than enough time to really learn the process and always have people you can fall back on for help. Work from home options are also available for those who need it/want it.

Cons

Not much bad to say, it does take quite a bit of time before you feel as if you mastered the job but overall nothing bad to say.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 English Reviews