The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Brainfuse? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brainfuse employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Ability to work from home (or anywhere with internet) is nice" (in 29 reviews)
- "Flexible hours according to your schedule" (in 10 reviews)
- "Work from home is a plus but flexible schedule is only based on their availability and approval." (in 4 reviews)
- "This job is great for people who want to make a difference." (in 4 reviews)
- "You are expected to give high quality work with limited time and low pay." (in 38 reviews)
- "No training, abusive management, unclear expectations, low pay, ridiculous work demands, salary demands for contract work" (in 11 reviews)
- "No training for live tutoring." (in 8 reviews)
- "minimum wage has increased 3 times" (in 4 reviews)
- "Do it if you absolutely need the money but try to find something better asap." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Brainfuse and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 20 of over 200 reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "money"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Nov 29, 2016Anonymous ContractorFormer Contractor
Competent tutors to help clients to ensure the longevity and success of the company. Work from home is a plus but flexible schedule is only based on their availability and approval. Great potential to earn play money but not dependable enough to make a living.
Any tutors working for Brainfuse easily are smarter and more competent than most management members/ monitors on staff. And yet, tutors are paid a gross $12 per hour rate while tutoring students and even less when sitting idly waiting. As contractors for Brainfuse, management can cut your tutoring sessions/ hours without advanced notice and they have done it every year I have worked for them (going on my 3rd year now). You are also not entitled to any company benefits or rights. Therefore, the "contract" you sign upon hire is an one-sided document that only serve to protect the company's interests. Recently, they have adopted a new clientele of job seekers from libraries nationwide. Tutors of advanced subject levels are automatically deemed the competency and qualification to critique job resumes and cover letters, give out career advice, and assess answers to interview questions. I highly doubt any tutors getting paid $12/hour on Brainfuse are qualified to critique the resume of a former executive employee at a Fortune 500 company. Broad subjects are not broken down into precise levels of difficulty so students can find tutors best eloquent in the subject matter. You will get students looking for help on more advanced topics than you can handle. Flexible schedule is not accurate. You are fully committed to your schedule and will be questioned and warned if you miss your sessions.