Brainfuse Employee Reviews about "multiple students"
Updated Dec 1, 2021
Found 22 of over 195 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Got a burning question about Brainfuse? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brainfuse employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "1. Can work from home." (in 32 reviews)
- "Very flexible hours if you work Writing Lab" (in 9 reviews)
- "This job is great for people who want to make a difference." (in 5 reviews)
- "You get to work in the comfort of your own home and choose your hours." (in 4 reviews)
- "You are expected to give high quality work with limited time and low pay." (in 40 reviews)
- "Students can be rude and management does nothing to help." (in 11 reviews)
- "No training for live tutoring." (in 7 reviews)
- "minimum wage has increased 3 times" (in 4 reviews)
- "Do it if you absolutely need the money but try to find something better asap." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Brainfuse and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "multiple students"Return to all Reviews
- Current Contractor★★★★★
Supplemental income onlyJul 30, 2019 - Writing Lab TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Can be at home and work any time of the day. Can provide decent supplement money to help with some bills or extra spending money. Good job if you are a student. However, you have to remember to set money aside from paychecks to pay in at end of the year as this is contract work and they do not remove state tax.
Pay is not equal to the level of reviews required. Students will complain no matter how good of a job you do and you are not asked about your side, and the complaint is added to your file. Students want you to do everything to redo their paper for them. There are times you log in and all your tasks are gone or a portion of them, way before the due times. When you ask them to send certain tasks back to the tool they will remove more than you ask like a punishment. There are some managers you do not want to make upset or it can appear you are picked on with tasks being removed or lack of response for assistance with a task request. You are allowed no more than 35 minutes for a paper over 10 pages, you get paid for only 15 minutes for a 2 page paper when you review them. This does not include the time it takes to type up the review form. I have worked on a 2 page paper for 30 minutes because it was so structurally bad and gave a review of recommendations. I could only claim 15 minutes in total and received a complaint that the information provided to improve the essay was not thorough enough. You are expected to give high quality work with limited time and low pay. Do not rely on this as a full time job.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Easy Pay but Horribly ManagedNov 10, 2014 - TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Easy pay for minimal work. - Some monitors are friendly and do their best not to overwhelm you with several students at once.
- No training - If you do the writing submissions, there is no clear directions on exactly what is needed since majority of the students are unclear when submitting their papers. They don't want you to completely edit the paper (only mark glaring mistakes and fully fill out form) but then you get a trouble for not fully editing and writing too much on the form. - Some monitors are helpful and friendly, while others are very rude if you refuse to just give answers to the students. - Students can be rude and very inappropriate and nothing happens to them. - You are not allowed to simply give the students the answer but you get in trouble for not just giving them the answers. - Their rules are very contradictory and due to no training, you get in "trouble" if you don't do it right. Unfortunately, these rules depends on the interpretation of the monitors and upper management. For example, when I asked for clarification on how to do the writing submissions, upper management clearly stated what was expected and sent examples for me. When I followed these expectations, I was told I was doing it wrong and I was not paid for half of my submissions. I asked for more clarification and I never received an answer. - Live tutoring is easy but sometimes you will tutor 6 students at once and some monitors will harass you if you can't keep up. - Some emails that are sent to all the tutors are extremely rude and unprofessional when management gets upset.Continue reading
- Current Contractor, more than 10 years★★★★★
Brainfuse tutor for 16 years and countingMar 12, 2020 - Math TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility. Great working with students. The interface is easy to use and teach. Love working for Brainfuse.
No sessions available during summer
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Patience is RequiredJan 31, 2018 - Academic TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible hours Lots of work at peak time during the school year Will pay you to wait for students if you are scheduled to tutor (though the pay is quite low) If you're fast, you can make decent money during certain time frames.
Work dries up during regular academic breaks. You'll need a summer job if this is your main source of income. Schedules can change without notice. Students can be extremely rude at times. You may have between 3 and 7 students in an active tutoring session at one time. It becomes very difficult (impossible) to quickly and accurately respond, especially if you're being asked to review a paper in a live session. The Monitors sometimes randomly transfer students even though you're 5 minutes away from finishing up with someone. Bad student reviews are not contextualized--management puts too much emphasis on the student users and does not support tutors enough. Pay is not great for the amount of work you have to do.Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
They do not care about youApr 5, 2018 - Online Writing TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very flexible hours if you work Writing Lab You get paid for live tutoring if scheduled even if you don't have a student Ability to work from home (or anywhere with internet) is nice Some students are genuinely nice and eager to learn
Many students are lazy, rude, and/or unintelligent -- they expect you to do things for them and give them answers Pay is low , and you don't get paid extra when tutoring multiple students at once If you are lucky enough for Management to respond to one of your emails, it will take a week minimum for the response You get email complaints from "clients" for minor and trivial things Brainfuse policy and what students actually want directly contradict each other, so it is impossible to avoid complaints (either you do what the company wants and students get upset, or you do what the students want and the company gets upset) Tutors are expected to lie to students (not allowed to tell them you are tutoring multiple students at once) Many papers have so many errors that it would be faster to rewrite the entire thing than to go through and fix them As mentioned in the title, the company does not care about its tutors, they see tutors as expendable and only care about the morons who need help with their 7th grade English homeworkContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
Very RewardingFeb 16, 2019 - Online Tutor Support in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It is a joy to work with students to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. Students are sincerely grateful for the help they receive and clearly grow from their experience with tutors. This job is great for people who want to make a difference.
The work is affected by seasonal turns of the academic year. At some points of the school year or semester, client traffic can be very high, but at other points (summer or vacations) it can drop significantly.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Love my jobApr 18, 2016 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great opportunity to work with students on on one. Lots of room for creativity when helping clients. Flexible schedule, work from anywhere
No coworkers to bounce ideas off of. You have to negotiate the job on your own.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
This job is a SCAMMay 26, 2017 - Writing TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you like working with 7 students at a time and not getting paid for that extra time and effort, then this is the job for you! This job sounds great on paper, but in reality, it is unorganized, hectic, and frustrating. You don't get feedback from upper management but you constantly get complaints from students that upper management relays to you about random NOTHING. Once you get too many complaints, you get fired. You can't even fight these complaints because it is all about the customer. They do not care about the employee AT ALL. Upper management is BEYOND incompetent so if you have a valid discrepancy, it will fly right over their heads. So, you can try to reason with them but it's like talking to a 7 year old who has free reign over his daddy's business. Nobody knows anything, but they'll stick to their just made-up rules as if we are all supposed to know it for fact. The tutor guides that they provide are severely inadequate and lack basic protocol rules that they nag you for in their emails. Even if you follow the protocol in the guide, they will nag you for that.
Severely incompetent! I cannot stress this enough! Working with more than 3 students at a time. Low pay for all the work that you do. They take advantage.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
great place to workFeb 21, 2022 - Tutor in Tucson, AZRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I get to work from home while helping students all the while making my own schedule and getting some good $
No major cons at this time
- Former Freelancer, more than 3 years★★★★★
Full-filling work, low payAug 21, 2022 - Online TutorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I developed my teaching skills further which was great and most of the time it was fun working with the students.
Low pay, strict tutoring policiesContinue reading