The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Brainfuse? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brainfuse employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Ability to work from home and flexible scheduling are a huge plus." (in 30 reviews)
- "Flexible hours according to your schedule" (in 10 reviews)
- "Work from home is a plus but flexible schedule is only based on their availability and approval." (in 4 reviews)
- "This job is great for people who want to make a difference." (in 4 reviews)
- "You are expected to give high quality work with limited time and low pay." (in 39 reviews)
- "Students can be rude and management does nothing to help." (in 10 reviews)
- "No training for live tutoring." (in 8 reviews)
- "minimum wage has increased 3 times" (in 4 reviews)
- "Do it if you absolutely need the money but try to find something better asap." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Brainfuse and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 8 of over 200 reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Sep 22, 2017Academic TutorCurrent Contractor, more than 1 year
-work from home -choose your own schedule -flexible hours -it is rewarding when you get to truly help a student understand a concept -they have a writing lab (where you can accept papers and provide tutoring assistance on your own time/within 24 hours) and they have live tutoring (where you can live chat with students). The combination allows for flexibility -Overall, students are bright, eager to learn, and good to work with. You will occasionally get "trolls," but that will happen anywhere.
-They don't pay enough, nor do they allow enough time for tutors in the writing lab. Time expectations are not humanly possible. So you end up working for longer than you're paid for or you have to stop in the middle of what you're doing and fill out half of the form (which is not allowed). -After you work in the writing lab, you ALWAYS get a ton of 'feedback' emails from auditors telling you a bunch of things you did 'wrong.' A lot of the feedback you receive is completely inaccurate/invalid. It makes you want to stay out of the writing lab. Then, when the writing lab gets behind, they wonder why no one wants to pick up the work. -When live tutoring, you OFTEN have to tutor 2, 3, or even 4 students at a time. You are NOT paid for tutoring more than one student at once. It's not fair to the tutor, nor to the student who ends up having to wait longer and get less attention. -Very poor communication systems. You have certain email addresses to contact for certain things (not specific people, but rather departments) some of the people who respond treat tutors very poorly and disrespectfully. -High stress environment -Overall low pay for the qualifications you need to have, and when you compare it to what you get paid at other companies (or tutoring face to face)2
- 3.0Mar 7, 2017TutorCurrent Contractor, more than 1 year
At Brainfuse you can set your own schedule or help students with their essays. Most students are willing to work with you and the 'facilitators' are great. Great for people who go to school or looking for some secondary income.
I had a good schedule until this month. I worked part-time and then the March calendar came out and I had nothing. I e-mailed them to see what was going on and they advised me there weren't enough hours for me. When I replied and asked them if this was their way of terminating me, I never got a response back. Which keeps me wondering am I in or out? Another issue for me is that I could be tutoring three students at once. When I advised a student that I had more than one in my room I got a complaint. But what else can one say about the matter? When students are done we can't "disconnect" from them so unless they know they must disconnect they can sit there until their time runs out.4