Cover image for Braintribe

77 Comments

Tech

575K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Braintribe~730512
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Braintribe? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Braintribe employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people to work with(in 5 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The worst "organisation" I have ever worked for.

Apr 30, 2021 - Scrum Master/Release Manager in Vienna
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros I would mention a bit freedom and working from home posibility.

Cons

I was replacement for one lady who went to maternity leave. Her position obviosly was Scrum Master on one project and Release Manager for another project. Since I am an eastern european and I have experianced a lot of attempts of discrimination of this country this "organisation" was nothing less in that. The Release Manager position was given to me as an Service Consultant tittle in order not to have full rights to execute and work as an Manager. Some childish Austrian manager was bringed to manage us, calling the people "Dudes" and acting supperior as an Austrian to other foreigner nations. Calling the engineers "Poor you" and was not working at all only a couple meetings and forwarding reports which I wrote. Telling that they know SCRUM and asking me to create their Jira Filters and Kanban board and acting Managers where they don't have any clue from Management and SCRUM. The policy in the company is, on which project people are needed they are transfered there, jumping from project to project. Management changing the Roles of the people depending what kind of weather we have today. If someone was Head of Dev today tomorrow he will be only and engineer. Definatelly chaos. As as Scrum Master I teached them a lot, but since I was a foreigner even with a written contract of the role they were indirectly dicriminating and not giving me the empowerment which the Scrum Master as a Team Leader should have. So you have another Austrian Leader under you no matter if you have signed a contract or not. One so called "Head of Dev" said: "there were be always someone else, the contract doesn't matter". Forcing you to speak German and being nervous if you don't try to speak German even the organisation language was English. A lot of two faced people there, also employees working 15 years or more where obviosly if you want to teach them on another way of working, they are refusing you (if you release a bird from a cage which was living there the whole life, will think that releasement in nature will be desiease). A lot of people who are hiding and not working, so I was a thread when I was reporting forgotten tickets. On the begining they tried to hide 300 euros bonus from my salary, when I noticed then they sent me after a couple of months, at the end they tried to force me to sign an mutual agreement in order to pay me 15 days less. In 10 months 6 people have left the Organisation (I am writting organisation since this is definatelly not a company) and thats is a total disasster. Since I have heard a lot of bad rumurs about Braintribe around Vienna, now its clear to me why they don't post their Job Ads on the Austrian portals anymore. They are hiring people from other countries countries like Serbia, Ukraine in order act superior and don't have any law problems.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Extraordinary Company

Dec 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Walzbachtal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Braintribe is a visionary place where new ideas are born and also can grow up. This is by its very nature a difficult but brave enterprise. Given the complex environment of technology and economics we even do well in this. I honestly respect the endurance of the whole company to go through the according transtions that are benefitial in the long run. Exactly that makes it visionary. One thing is to establish a history and the other is to transcend it. Braintribe keeps balancing this trade-off. I personally love the people at Braintribe as they are social, communicative, funny, diverse and enganged. Currently I can't imagine another company that may serve with such an environment and technology.

Cons

Chaos is a natural consquence of trying something ground breaking. I don't treat this as if it would be avoidable and I even appreciate it but still it is something which is in play and probably can be better managed.

Braintribe Response

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate the honesty and transparency. Better communication is a top priority and will continue to help calm the chaos. But like you stated, chaos is a natural consequence when doing something ground breaking. With that said, we hope chaos is always a small part of our culture.

3. Join the Braintribe team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

And now for something completely different

Jan 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Vienna
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very unique company in many ways. A rare mixture of North American and European corporate culture - innovative and challenging while valuing a work/life balance. Working on something new and interesting, a product with great potential. Flat hierarchical structure and innovative organisational model, allowing employees to bring meaningful contributions to the company. Challenging, lots of opportunities to learn. Great atmosphere, a culture that values cooperation. Employees trust and support each other, instead of micromanaging and competing. Good treatment of employees. Unlike most companies, Braintribe allows employees to find their own space and contribute as much as they can there. You'll also learn a lot about yourself in the process.

Cons

Varying workload - sometimes very relaxed, sometimes very busy work weeks. Steep learning curve - but probably a necessary part of doing something new. This company is not for everyone. If you're unable to manage your own work, you might be a better fit somewhere else.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Work Hard, Have Fun, and Gain Confidence

Apr 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vienna
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is not easy to work for. The CEO is demanding as hell. That said, this company has incredible employees who come together to enjoy the tough environment while forming close friendships and making significant strides in their careers. I know there are a lot of negative ratings, but as a previous employee it is very easy to see how the weak will break very easily. If you are looking for a 38.5 hour week job this is not the place for you. You will be pushed and you will work your butt off, but I can promise you that it will be worth it.

Cons

Unnecessary negativity from the very top puts a great team and great people in doubt unfairly. As with the "Pros" of working here, the stress and constant pushing will quickly make or break you.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Change Is Real!

Jan 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Denison, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The last 12 months has brought an enormous shift in the way the company approaches and views their employees. Motivation is high, confidence is continuously growing, and our voices are being heard with action. The last 8-10 hires have made an instant impact with their talent and it seems like we are really focused on only bringing in the most talented people. The unlimited beer and popcorn in the "tribespace" is always a great way to end my day. :)

Cons

Until we raise the investment money we are looking to close this spring, everyone is working to their full capacity and then some.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

creative chaos at its best

Jun 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

creative chaos - lots of opportunities to explore new ideas on software development if you are fine with trying out new ideas, as work is based on new paradigms, when it comes to both technology and organizational patterns. Highly motivated coworkers, ability to influence the company's direction by your proper work, cool company spirit, great technology.

Cons

creative chaos - lots of opportunities to get lost if you have trouble finding your own way or tend to be a disciple-type employee. Steep learning curve for freshly hired developers, moderate salaries, average infrastructure that lacks stability.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Before joining the company, make sure you really know what you're getting involved with.

Jan 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talks the talk. - "Interesting" office space. - New projects/ideas being started all the time. - Feels like a start-up. - Nice co-workers. - Sometimes there's free beer .

Cons

- Doesn't walk the walk. - Office feels empty (due to staff alienation and inevitable turnover). - Things don't get finished/delivered (with management always looking for the next shiny thing to attracted their attention). - The company has been a start-up for many years (decades?) and doesn't seem to be making much progress with taking it to a new level of maturity. - Not many customers (possibly due to products lacking clear customer-value). - Not always able to pay their bills (probably due to lack of customers). - It's a sausage-fest.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unorganized, chaotic anarchy with planty of crappy inhouse solutions

Sep 22, 2019 - Software Engineer in Denison, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some very nice people working there, There are nice new year events organized several times per year, remote work allowed from time to time.

Cons

Total anarchy, management is uncapable (laying to customers, promising towers and cities, then whole development team suffers due to their incompetence), in some cases angry customers. Very big people in out frequency change, people get fired all the time without any empathy what so ever, usually lead people, but not allways the case, company was many times on the edge to be broke but somehow it recovered. Also the software which they are building there is closed source, and it is used only for their customers, you won't be able to use it in future as a reference. No paid overtime ever. Company strategy constantly changing (somethimes on weekly basis). They are writting their inhouse tools for anything (not always a good solution, sometimes you should use something from the market).

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Completely different than other companies

Jul 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely interesting and diversified work Braintribe produces the fascinating software platform tribefire, which is unique in the IT market Very challenging - you learn a lot Great colleagues - the best talent, funny, friendly The company always tries to adjust their organizational form to the better, resulting in a great "braincell"-concept

Cons

Working at Braintribe is definitely not for the feint hearted Sometimes stressful, especially when it comes to deadlines

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great people

Jun 29, 2016 - Senior Web Developer in São Paulo, São Paulo
    Business Outlook

Pros

Braintribe has some great people. Being in touch with those people definitelly helps in moments of stress. The atmosphere is nice, when you don't like the formality of huge companies.

Cons

Moments of big changes for the company were shaky in the past year (2015). But, sometimes it is needed to take a step back to take later two steps forward.

3 people found this review helpful

Braintribe Response

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We love the energy you bring to the office and team! And we could not agree more that the last year of transition has set us up for a big year/future ahead. Keep on crushing it!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews
</>Embed

Braintribe Reviews FAQs

Braintribe has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 24 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Braintribe to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Braintribe employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Braintribe. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Braintribe employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Braintribe 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Braintribe to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be compensation, management.