Cover image for Branch Insurance

Branch Insurance CEO Steve Lekas
Steve Lekas

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Branch Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A welcoming and kind company

Nov 22, 2022 - Senior Contract Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been here over a year and the culture remains great despite major increases in scale.

Cons

Busy as ever but they are very upfront about it.

2. 5.0

UNICORN COMPANY

Nov 8, 2022 - Member Support Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Branch is unlike any company I ever worked for! I enjoy coming to work every single day. Pros: -The work culture is absolutely phenomenal! -Diverse and inclusive workplace -The pay is great! -Work from home -There are always opportunities to move up in the company, and Branch hires from within. -The benefits package is very robust and the prices are fair. -You receive free leadership and career building courses to help you grow personally and professionally. -Unlimited PTO I can honestly go on and on about how great Branch is, but time would fail me. You'll just have to come check it out yourself!

Cons

The claims department really needs to work on being more responsive to our members and available in their time of need. There are too many complaints from our members regarding their adjusters not getting back with them for weeks or months at a time. Also member support agents should not have to handle claims calls. There should be a department developed to hire "claim support agents", to handle any claim calls and coordinate with the assigned adjusters. This would provide a better member experience and less stress for all involved.

3. Join the Branch Insurance team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Carefully Crafted and Cultivated Culture

Oct 3, 2022 - Unit Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will never find a company as laser focused on fostering a thriving culture like you will at Branch. Branch not only genuinely cares about its Members, but cares about its employees too. Branch challenges employees to "Ask Why" and "Have Each Other's Backs." The founder and CEO is a visionary who you can really get behind. Employees are proud to work here because we offer such a great product to our customers -a state of the art experience that surpasses all of the Legacy carriers. Having worked at other carriers, I am shocked by how much more advanced Branch is in so many ways compared to my past employers. At Branch, you will have autonomy and be asked to participate in the decision making. You will be treated with respect and dignity. You will surrounded by competent and caring employees who want to be here. You will be spoiled with awesome Branch swag and get to attend "BranchFest" once a year to meet everyone in person. You will get to work remote and at the same time be fully engaged with your coworkers everyday. You will receive very generous pay, healthcare, unlimited time off, $1000 yearly towards a vacation, paid internet, stock in Branch, and many more benefits. Branch is the future of insurance.

Cons

The only con is Branch uses Gmail instead of Outlook - I know - inconsequential complaint but this place is truly top notch. I could not be more thankful to be here.

5. 5.0

A special place to work

Nov 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A deep emphasis on company culture, with core values that are actually - Leadership team is accessible and takes feedback seriously - Strong sense of collaboration and alignment at all levels - Room for individuals to make major contributions - High expectations for behavior and contribution

Cons

It's a new company, so some of the things people might be used to at a mature company are still taking shape. That said, a lot of thought is being put into building those pieces out in a first class way.

6. 4.0

Good different

Nov 21, 2022 - Property Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is new and small so it's not perfect but the CEO and executive-level employees interact with employees on all levels regularly. They make you feel like your feedback and your contribution to the company matters and that you are part of creating an amazing company. They take action to back up what they say. Changes are actually made based on employee feedback. Planned time off is unlimited and PAID! Everyone has a company credit card that is funded for travel and special celebrations as well as a substantial budget for each employee to spend on a personal vacation on their anniversary after 1 yr and each year after. Managers and Directors really work to make your job easier. Everyone shares their workload and helps each other out because everyone knows that there will be a day they will also need help. The upper management are down-to-earth and genuine!

Cons

It's a new company and things are still getting figured out. As a new employee there was not much training in our department because they are still setting up the training programs. You have to expect to grab the bull by the horns and call the play. Expect things to feel a little clunky, constant changes and lots of meetings. This is not necessarily bad, but it may feel uncomfortable to some, especially if you are not organized and if you don't speak up and be bold enough to ask questions and contribute. You have to run by the person who fills in for you what days you want off and come to an agreement on who gets that day off if you both want it off because the company is smaller. I used to have better health insurance and several of my doctors are now out of network so I have to switch even though I got the PPO option. The 401k match is not as good as it was with my previous employers but there are other benefits that make up some of that difference and hopefully that will improve.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Claims needs some work

Oct 17, 2022 - Claims Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO and the opportunity to meet amazing people and build connections.

Cons

A lot of components are not fully set up for the claims department and the departments needed to assist the claims department. This includes standard operating procedures along with training and can make your job hard to do with the amount of claim volume along with department expectations. It sometimes feels as though they are winging it and because your a salaried adjuster they expect you to just make it work which doesnt equal a good work-life balance even with unlimited pto. Sometimes it feels as though leadership doesn’t know what they are doing either and it makes you wonder of the future of the company.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The place you've always wanted to work for!

Sep 19, 2022 - Auto Claims Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cant say enough about Branch Insurance. I feel so lucky to have been able to find a company that not only treats my like a PERSON and not just a number, but also pays competitively and has great benefits. I feel so comfortable being my authentic self here! Everyone is kind and I feel like they truly care and I have never felt more of a work life balance. Being surrounded and supported by this company makes me want to give 100% of myself to my role. Every day we change for the better! We are growing and learning and I am so proud to say I am apart of that growth.

Cons

If you are a person who needs policy and procedures in place, and managers to hold your hand, this is not the place for you. This is a start up and that means a lot of this company is still being built up. This is V1

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Opportunity of a lifetime

Sep 12, 2022 - Agency Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A truly special culture that is collaborative and supportive. Leadership puts tremendous value in developing and promoting within the organization. Competitive salary with the opportunity to earn amazing bonuses based on goals exceeded. All the goals are attainable and managers reach out weekly to help support in achieving goals. Solid benefits highlighted by a 401k match Work from home or anywhere. Management puts a heavy emphasis on employee health. Even encouraging vacations and giving you additional money to take them.

Cons

I wish I would have found Branch sooner. I have worked in three different industry's for about 7-8 different employers and this really is a unique opportunity.

10. 3.0

great company but disorganized

Nov 8, 2022 - Claims
    Business Outlook

Pros

good salary for Ohio, unlimited pto (but you still have to go through approval process like in any other claims companies for holidays), good tech package, workload not too bad yet, no mass reassignments when you start off like in other companies, management team seems to care about opinions and keeping Branch culture and recognizing good work, all remote

Cons

health/vision/dental insurance is expensive especially for family, no tuition reimbursement, not able to purchase extra life insurance or life insurance for your family that is standard with other companies a lot of talk about importance of keeping costs down to help mission to lower insurance but there a lot of different departments and people that travel all the time to a ton of conferences. seems like a lot of people just taking vacations for the company. worst thing is how disorganized departments are like claims. claims system is terrible and makes no sense at all. definitely the worst I've seen and is the biggest struggle for my day to day. there are barely any processes or policies to refer to when you have questions and management is too busy (all the time). things change all the time without any explanation or one manager says this but another says this. within different teams you could have 10 different ways to do something. do these "managers" talk to each other at all? how are you supposed to take care of members when you're told 10 different ways to do one thing? or you get off the phone or log off for the day and then the next day, something is already different so what you did the day before is now wrong. it's annoying.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Like a breath of fresh air

Sep 22, 2022 - Agency Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It would take me an to list all the things I like about Branch but, the bottom is the culture is unbelievable. After I started I kept thinking this can't be real and kept waiting for the "other shoe to drop" but a colleague of mine told me it won't drop this is for real. He was right.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one con. This isn't really a con but I wish there was another health plan in addition to the high deductible one. However, the insurance plan is free for the employee.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 193 Reviews
</>Embed

Branch Insurance Reviews FAQs

Branch Insurance has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 215 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Branch Insurance to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Branch Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Branch Insurance. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

95% of Branch Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Branch Insurance 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Branch Insurance to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Branch Insurance Job Seekers