Brand Institute Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

4.7
Brand Institute President and CEO Jim Dettore
Jim Dettore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hard work does not go unnoticed here (in 17 reviews)

• Moreover, it is great to have such great Fortune 500 companies as clients, and the client list is growing everyday (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As in any business, you must find a work - life balance and that can be a challenge at times (in 6 reviews)

• s a fast paced environment but if you put in the effort, you will be rewarded (in 8 reviews)

"#1 for 12 years and counting…"

Current Employee - Trademark Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Every company has employee’s that complain and never are satisfied, and best they move on.

In the 18 years that I have worked and followed our CEO and tenured management successful business strategies, their attention to acquiring, keeping, and motivating the best Talent in our industry amazes me. You have to innovate and work harder and smarter to compete in today’s highly competitive branding industry, which we do well. Starting at the bottom in 1993 and working our way to # 1 in healthcare name development in 2004, continuing to stay # 1 for 12 going on 13 consecutive years, while knocking off many competitors and huge ad agencies along the way is an incredible achievement for Brand Institute.

Very few companies stay at # 1 that long, so the current business model truly works, by way of our CEO’s vision, vs. other competitors that have tried to replicate it, but never have. For me, it feels great working and learning with the best branding company in our space.

Cons

Staying # 1 is difficult and hard work, including putting in extra hours, and constant demands that challenge your learning curve and response time. Innovation never stops at Brand Institute, leading to the need for working smarter and harder, but very its rewarding.

Advice to Management

Stay # 1

"Market Research"

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great business leadership and on the job training and insight from the number one health care branding company in the world. Helped me obtain a good pharmaceutical sales position. This is the only company who pays ALL of the employees healt care and even awards monthly with meals and cash for meeting goals. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Like any leader in business customer service and working to make the customer happy is part of the DNA of Brand Institude resulting in sometimes working after hours to insure the highest quality products are delivered on time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovation focus and health care client initiatives.

"Hiring process was great"

Current Employee - IS Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - IS Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Throughout the entire hiring process everyone I made contact with was helpful and cooperative. I felt like they really cared about me and wanted everthing to work.

Cons

Sometimes too fast pace and too many projects however it is good to be busy because my last job was not and I got payed off.

Advice to Management

The multi culture is a great working environment. The management encourages inputs that helps the cpmpany with innovation and company moral.

"Good good"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

. I crete brand strategy for big farma clients. We get lunch Sometime

Cons

very long hours. Past 9 to 5

5. "Great place to sharpen your skills"

Current Employee - Information Systems in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom of choice in technological tools.
    Appreciation of innovation.
    Ability to bring new ideas to management .
    Fast paced and challenging environment.
    Great benefits.

Cons

A fast paced challenging environment is not for everyone, being able to adapt is a must.

Advice to Management

Consider creating more opportunities for employees from different areas to meet and share ideas in a not so formal setting.

6. "Unlike any other accounting job"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, benefits and perks. Company is extremely successful and management is generous.

Cons

Commuted by bus, was sometimes a hassle. Fast-paced environment isn't suited for everyone.

Advice to Management

Consider expanding benefits to include tuition assistance

7. "Amazing Professional Opportunity"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brand Institute is a client-focused work environment that offers excellent compensation in exchange for commitment and hard work. I have to say that BI transformed the way I approach work and treat clients. I’ve grown tremendously as a businessperson during my time here. The experience that I gained at BI is irreplaceable. As an entry-level employee, I was able to work directly on important client projects.

Jim Dettore and my managers take a strong personal interest in my success and provide me with wonderful growth and development opportunities.

Cons

Everyone is expected to pull their own weight at Brand Institute. We’re a hard-working team that is well compensated and we want to hire very strong team players.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Brand Institute Provides Crucial Career Development!"

Former Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent four years working at Brand Institute in the business development group as my first job out of school. My time at BI provided me with crucial career development that prepared me for my current marketing position with a major pharmaceutical company. Jim Dettore and the BI team gave me the training and knowledge that I needed to succeed in this role in an extremely supportive team environment.

Cons

Brand Institute is a fast-moving company where everyone is expected to pour themselves into their work and help the company grow. Those who make this commitment to excellence are generously rewarded.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything you to to help your team grow personally and professionally. You make Brand Institute a great place to work and your effort is appreciated!

"Working at Brand Institute"

Former Employee - Associate, New Business Development in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Associate, New Business Development in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand a Institute is a great company to work for. Mr. Dettore and the management team are very generous and kind individuals. I had the pleasure of working at BI for five years working as part of the new business development team and market research.

Working at BI you get great advice and direction from management. The pay and the benefits are great, since they have a very good incentive system in place, along with monthly perks for the entire company when certain sales goals are reached.

The employees are also very nice. Most of them have been with the company for years, and are always available to provide help and support, when needed.

At BI you will find an innovative, open minded, and culturally diverse family that will lead you to success. It was truly an honor being part of the lead company in the naming industry.

Cons

There are not cons that I experienced during my time at BI. It was a pleasure being part of the Brand Institute family.

Advice to Management

Keep being the great, wonderful and kind hearted people you are. Thank you for everything you do!

"Brand Institute Offers a Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Trademark Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had the privilege of working at Brand Institute for the past six years and have enjoyed each and every day that I've spent with my colleagues. We have a fantastic team of professionals who are committed to high quality work and excellent customer service. Working with this dedicated team is energizing and makes you willing to go the extra mile to amaze and delight our clients. The company offers generous compensation packages and rewards hard work.

Cons

Our commitment to client satisfaction means that we all work hard. We go to great lengths to deliver high quality projects on tight timelines. But it's all worth it!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making Brand Institute a great employer. I plan to make this company a lifelong career and appreciate the professional development opportunities.