Brand Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Brand Institute President and CEO Jim Dettore
Jim Dettore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Hard work does not go unnoticed here" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work/life balance was not an issue while I was at BI" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I witnessed instances where the CEO and upper management forced employees to write good reviews on this site about the company" (in 6 reviews)

• "Hard work is not a 'con' but I guess some people may consider giving 100% to a successful sales team a 'con'" (in 10 reviews)

"Great Opportunity for Goal Oriented Employees"

Current Employee - New Business Associate In Miami in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - New Business Associate In Miami in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and upper management strive to enhance productivity by introducing
    and implementing up to date methods and communications that benefit the customers and the team.

Every day presents a great opportunity to learn from management, the team, and the challenges of being the best.

This is a goal oriented company and has proven that dedication and hard work has its rewards. The CEO continues to introduce incentives that are aimed to the advantage of all employees

Cons

If you are goal oriented, like challenges, and do not mind contributing your best, then there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing forward. Thanks for the opportunity.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - New Business Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - New Business Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is not an issue working at Brand Institute.
    Brand Institute does not only offer great benefits and perks, but also the opportunity to work alongside great people. The opportunities for growth are excellent. Great work environment.

Cons

Hard work is not a con, but I guess some people may consider giving 100% to a successful sales team a con. Sometimes the commute can be rough since the company headquarters is in downtown Miami.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job keeping BI number one in the industry

"Premier Branding Company"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everything is transparent and you know how the company is doing. You have a chance to interact with different departments and learn from them as well. CEO and upper management are always open to listen everyone’s ideas and implement the ones that are beneficial to the company and our clients. We work as a team and everyone supports each other. Most important thing for us is our clients and we are lucky to work with most of the healthcare and pharmaceutical companies in the world.

Cons

Some challenges can be tight timelines and the regulatory deadlines that we have to meet. This can create stress time to time but at the end of the process we are proud to see the amazing brand names we have worked on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. 2019 will be a great year.

"A great place to build or find your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having the unique and exciting opportunity to work for the leading global company for pharmaceutical brand naming. How many people can say that?

Cons

Not the place for you if your work ethic is not impeccable, we only hire employees who demonstrate a good attutitude, the ability to be a team player and who are committed to the clients. If you are committed to your cell phone and social media during a work day, BI is not your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

The CEO, sales teams, managers and operations employees at Brand Institute work very hard to ensure that our clients come first and that we remain the best of the best in our industry. We are extremely proud to be part of this team and take tremendous pride in the relationships we have formed with our clients, old and new, as well as what Brand Institute has done to support and give back to the community. We only keep the best of the best and if an employee cannot subscribe to our goals and work ethic, this is something we take rather seriously. My advice to management? Keep up the dedicated work!

"@ The Real Brand Institute President"

Current Employee - President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - President in New York, NY

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pros: As the current President of Brand Institute, I am responding to a recent (and false) post written by somebody posing as the “Current President." As the premier global brand identity agency, we strive on a daily basis to keep our current base of clients very happy, while being very proactive in reaching out to possible new clients with innovative and exciting new business efforts. Innovation based on client input and industry best practices are at our core, and we have grown every year by doing great work. Our new business function has grown exponentially, and we now have the privilege of working with 21 excellent teams of colleagues in offices worldwide.

Cons

Cons:
    In response to the previous post, Brand Institute we empower regional sales and account teams to lead and cultivate their region with their own new ideas and initiatives. It is quite unfortunate when previous employees who failed at their jobs post unfair, negative posts about teams doing a terrific job, as well as the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"I’ve been working at Brand Institute as a full time employee for more than 5 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, and amazing colleagues. It is a company that truly appreciates its employees, and it shows in the way of promotions, raises, etc.

Cons

It can be tough, so if you do not have impeccable work ethic it may not be the place for you.

7. "Amazing company, great clients and good environment. A great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working with Brand Institute for more than 4 years now and I believe this is a great place for growth if you are a dedicated person.
    Brand Institute is constantly growing so there is plenty of opportunities for new business and new learning.
    You are challenged to perform and be a team player, inspired to work hard and be successful. Hard work is well compensated.
    Mr.Dettore, our CEO, provides strong leadership and guidance for all employees.
    His career experience truly benefits both junor and senior employees.
    Amazing benefits are provided to employees (lunches, insurance plan, parking).

Cons

Brand Institute is goal driven. Thus, it is sometimes needed to work overtime, depending on the position. It is not a cons if you enjoy learning and you are passionate about your job.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is always on the cutting edge. Excellent learning opportunities and strong compensation offerings

Cons

Health insurance provider changes every year

"I have been working at Brand Institute for a long time now"

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The organization had amazing human equity. They truly are the healthcare naming experts. You learn something new every day. There is no limit to what you can achieve at this organization if you have the right attitude. Because there is a great deal of opportunity to grow.

Cons

This job is not for everyone—very deadline and goals driven can be stressful. But they have a great companywide incentive program.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing if it is not broken do not fix it.

"Terrible"

Current Employee - President
    Current Employee - President

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has implemented a robo-call program deluging clients with spam calls. Clients regularly complain about this to me.

Cons

The CEO, and I use that erm loosely, is paranoid and distrusts all employees. There are cameras everywhere and he literally watches the video feed all day long. He is angry and negative 24/7. He will call after hours to rant and rave.

Then again, even paranoids can have enemies. As a VP or President, you can survive on the base salary so it is very common for us in the field to funnel business to competing agencies. Not just for profit but as a means of networking as we know Brand Institute is not long-term.

Advice to Management

There is no hope.

Brand Institute Response

Jan 8, 2019 – Vice President Business Development

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (more than 10 years)
    As the current President of Brand Institute, I am responding to a recent (and false) post written by somebody posing as the... More