Brand Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brand Institute President and CEO Jim Dettore
Jim Dettore

Pros
  • They are given incentives and extra meals/dinner for their hard work (in 17 reviews)

• Moreover, it is great to have such great Fortune 500 companies as clients, and the client list is growing everyday (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • You are constantly asked to work OT so there is no work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• s a fast paced environment but if you put in the effort, you will be rewarded (in 6 reviews)

1. "Brand Institute Provides Crucial Career Development!"

Former Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - New Business Development in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent four years working at Brand Institute in the business development group as my first job out of school. My time at BI provided me with crucial career development that prepared me for my current marketing position with a major pharmaceutical company. Jim Dettore and the BI team gave me the training and knowledge that I needed to succeed in this role in an extremely supportive team environment.

Cons

Brand Institute is a fast-moving company where everyone is expected to pour themselves into their work and help the company grow. Those who make this commitment to excellence are generously rewarded.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything you to to help your team grow personally and professionally. You make Brand Institute a great place to work and your effort is appreciated!

2. "Working at Brand Institute"

Former Employee - Associate, New Business Development in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Associate, New Business Development in Miami, FL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand a Institute is a great company to work for. Mr. Dettore and the management team are very generous and kind individuals. I had the pleasure of working at BI for five years working as part of the new business development team and market research.

Working at BI you get great advice and direction from management. The pay and the benefits are great, since they have a very good incentive system in place, along with monthly perks for the entire company when certain sales goals are reached.

The employees are also very nice. Most of them have been with the company for years, and are always available to provide help and support, when needed.

At BI you will find an innovative, open minded, and culturally diverse family that will lead you to success. It was truly an honor being part of the lead company in the naming industry.

Cons

There are not cons that I experienced during my time at BI. It was a pleasure being part of the Brand Institute family.

Advice to Management

Keep being the great, wonderful and kind hearted people you are. Thank you for everything you do!

"New business development"

Current Employee - Brand Development Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Development Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leaning from the leader in the Brand Naming Category. My boss has been with the company for over ten years and he makes everyone feel special and is extremely helpful in learning our jobs.
    I enjoy coming to work everyday. Great working atmosphere.

Cons

So far there is none I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work for myself and the other team members. Thank you for listening to our needs and making it happen

"Brand Institute is a Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love everything about my job at Brand Institute. The team is top notch and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that our clients succeed. Our clients are experts in their fields and provide us with challenging and enjoyable work. The company provides generous benefits and financial rewards to those who work hard.

Cons

We stay very busy at Brand Institute, but that's the environment that I love!

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to succeed at Brand Institute. It's the best place to work in New York!

"Wonderful Working Environment!"

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Brand Institute for five years and I love my job! I have the opportunity to work with amazing clients on very interesting projects and draw upon the expertise of a company that is responsible for the vast majority of names approved by the FDA each year. I am grateful to Jim Dettore and my colleagues at Brand Institute for providing me with the opportunity to thrive, both personally and professionally.

Cons

There's not much bad to say about this job. Yes, I do put in long hours, but I am well compensated for my work and love every minute of it!

Advice to Management

Thank you for making your employees your top priority and for offering a great environment for professional and personal development!

"Brand Institute Offers a Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Trademark Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Trademark Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had the privilege of working at Brand Institute for the past six years and have enjoyed each and every day that I've spent with my colleagues. We have a fantastic team of professionals who are committed to high quality work and excellent customer service. Working with this dedicated team is energizing and makes you willing to go the extra mile to amaze and delight our clients. The company offers generous compensation packages and rewards hard work.

Cons

Our commitment to client satisfaction means that we all work hard. We go to great lengths to deliver high quality projects on tight timelines. But it's all worth it!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making Brand Institute a great employer. I plan to make this company a lifelong career and appreciate the professional development opportunities.

"Generous Rewards, Perfect Opportunity for Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Vice President, Brand Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President, Brand Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I served as a Vice President for Brand Development in the company’s Chicago office for four years and it was the most rewarding professional opportunity of my career. BI is very generous with their compensation and structures their incentive programs to reward hard work. Jim Dettore is a legend in the branding industry and having the opportunity to work alongside him gave me professional knowledge and experience that I couldn’t get anywhere else. I am very grateful for my time at Brand Institute.

Work/life balance was not an issue while I was at BI. I have children and was able to find time for them amidst all of my professional obligations. The company was very supportive.

Cons

Everyone at Brand Institute works very hard. The rewards for this work are generous, but commitment to excellence is an expectation.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making Brand Institute a great place to work!

"I Love Working at Brand Institute!"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Miami, FL

Pros

Brand Institute offers its employees an incredible working environment. I've been an analyst in BI's market research group for four years and it's been a very personally and professionally rewarding experience. I am very happy in my position and am compensated well for my work. I'm here for the long term!

Cons

There's a fast pace at Brand Institute. You need to be willing to put in the time needed to get your work finished and maintain a high level of quality. Our clients demand it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything that you do to make Brand Institute a wonderful place to work. I look forward to advancing my career as new opportunities emerge in the company.

"Brand Institute is a GREAT Place to Work!"

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Brand Institute for three years in their market research department and find the environment stimulating and rewarding. I get to work on a wide variety of client projects every day and enjoy knowing that my work is contributing to the success of world-class brands. The work environment is busy, but I enjoy a good challenge and find that Brand Institute rewards me well for my time.

Cons

Everyone on the team is expected to work hard but are well-rewarded for their effort.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"NOT A Fake Review"

Current Employee - Market Research Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Market Research Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brand Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Posting on GD - One of the pros is I have never been coerced or forced to post here. The company has continually recognized my hard work and I have been mentored by several members of senior management!

Cons

Negative Reviews are a con - Unfortunately, some folks blame everyone but themselves for their failures. When you are a market leader you will always encounter those who cannot persevere or excel.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and recognize hose that move your company forward