Branded Entertainment Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Gary Shenk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Company On the Ups!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Branded Entertainment Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BEN is the leader in a great industry of the future - product integration
    Great people across-the-board
    A lot of fun events like breakfast every Friday and holiday parties

Cons

Sometimes we have to work long hours, but most people keep the balance

Advice to Management

Stay focused in exactly the direction you are doing. You are on to something big!

2. "Strong business model and fantastic people!"

Pros

Healthy company culture
    Competitive pay
    Good benefits
    Generous time off
    Terrific leadership

Cons

BEN operates like a start-up, and therefore lacks some of the processes of a large, well-established company. However, it also lacks the bureaucracy of a large company.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what is working and build on that. Also, identify and change what isn't working.

"It's a career ... not a job"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Branded Entertainment Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Room for growth and empowered to do so
    - Work hard/play hard environment

Cons

I have no con worth noting!

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening, keep up the great work!

"Great people but lack of focus & execution"

I worked at Branded Entertainment Network full-time

Pros

Amazing people and fun products.

Cons

Senior management lacks focus. Always chasing a new vision and not focused on executing the core business.

"A fantastic place to work. Not perfect, but close!"

Pros

The company is a leader in an exciting, dynamic shift in the media landscape. Smart, great people across the company. Fast-growing business so it never gets boring. Corporate culture allows for a lot of personal flexibility. The changes that they have been making over the past year and adding strong talent, has set the company up for success.

Cons

The company needs stronger financial management. It should be more profitable despite overly-aggressive growth targets. There has been a culture of complacency in some areas of the company, but hopefully the changes being put into place will raise the bar overall.

Advice to Management

Cutting people and expenses without consideration for damage left behind while pushing sales goals higher and higher isn't working. Need new plan for profitability.

"Fantastic Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Pros

Exciting place to work at the forefront of the shift in advertising and entertainment. The talent here is phenomenal and the energy is enthusiastic. After several big changes, senior leadership is very focused and has the company locked in on a very good path. A big part of this new focus has been on corporate culture and career development. I have been here for four years and not only has my role grown, but I've been given the opportunity to transition into new paths.

Cons

As mentioned, the company went through a major shift last year. While it was tumultuous, the company is now in an amazing place and you can feel the positive groundswell. So while this isn't a con now, it was tough at the time.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus, and continue the investment in the employees!

"Landed my dream job!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Branded Entertainment Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BEN is a very positive work environment where all the employees are very friendly and outgoing. The management team is really focused on setting up new hires for success which attracted me to the role. My boss is great at outlining clear goals and expectations and I feel like I can lean on for anything. BEN has a family oriented atmosphere with lots of team building activities, lunches and office perks that are nice bonuses to the role.

Cons

I am pretty new to the team (less than 2 months) and so far so great, no complaints.

"Huge opportunities ahead -- leadership has the company headed in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Pros

Great group of people and a fabulous work environment.
    I'm a new hire (less than two months) and have been very impressed by the friendliness and dedication of the people, the focus and insight of the new leadership team, and the huge opportunities that lie ahead for the company. It's a great time to be at BEN -- things are definitely headed in a great direction.

Cons

Still some transition happening with positions shifting from Seattle to LA.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the huge opportunities ahead of us, and continue to focus on building the BEN culture

9. "Growing Co on a Path to Success"

Current Employee - Manager in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Branded Entertainment Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has definitely gone through some growing pains in the past, however over the course of 2016, they finally made changes that prove they have a very clear vision on where the company is headed and have become organized internally to be successful on that path. They have very smart, talented individuals in every department, and the leaders of the organization are paying attention to the needs of the business as well as the employees. Pros: FUN place to work, great benefits, company is on a path to grow and succeed in the coming years, BILL GATES own the company, great company culture.

Cons

Wants to be a Silicon Valley startup style co- should add some more of those perks (Summer Fridays, better maternity/paternity leave)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees, grow and promote internally, recognize loyalty and talent and reward.

"Great company to work for"

Pros

I've worked for BEN for over 3 years and it's been an enjoyable experience. I get to work with recognizable brands and have an influencer on the company, including it's culture. My experience has been that BEN rewards those employees who work hard and contribute to the success of the organization. Very fair to work for and extremely loyal to their employees.

Cons

The company has undergone some changes that have negatively effected other the job status of employees. I'm sure that's why there are some negative reviews on here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!