Branding Brand "no one" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Branding Brand Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Dec 9, 2019

3.6
Branding Brand Co-Founder and CEO Chris Mason (no image)
Chris Mason
Pros
  • "Free lunches 4 days of the week(in 15 reviews)

• "I am surrounded by really great people who are all passionate about the work we do(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "All projects turn into piles of techdebt that no one wants to maintain(in 4 reviews)

• "There are attempts to rebuild it, but no one trusts the current upper management(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews

"There's no place I'd rather be"

Senior Client Service Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Branding Brand

Pros

Everyone always mentions the catered lunches, dog friendly work environment, free parking, etc, but one of my favorite perks is simply the Branding Brand work environment and culture. At BB, you’re not forced to sit at cubicle from 9-5 with a half hour lunch if you’re lucky. You don’t have to “punch a clock” or wear uncomfortable business attire every day. Employees can listen to music, talk to coworkers (which is frowned upon in some corporate offices where you can actually hear a pin drop) and essentially have the freedom to make your work space conform to your standards. Want a stand up desk? Go for it. Want to relax on a giant bean bag because you feel like it? Sure. We also have a space downstairs with those weird cubicles if you’re having a hard time adjusting to an open work space. I personally feel like I work so much more efficiently when I’m comfortable in my workspace. Also, I was hesitant to a leave a corporate job for Branding Brand because I wasn't really sure what I was getting into, but I have ZERO regrets. I still have great benefits, I still have job security, and I am even being challenged more than I was at my old company. I am surrounded by really great people who are all passionate about the work we do. Branding Brand has become so much more than a just job for me..my team has truly become my family. My days at Branding Brand honestly fly by because I am so busy, but it's a good busy. My work days are always different and I feel like I am always learning something new.

Cons

Since I was initially hired, my role has changed (you have to be willing to wear many hats and you have to always be open to learn new things otherwise you’ll fall behind). The training aspect of both positions wasn't as efficient as I would've liked. Yes, coworkers are always available and willing to help at Branding Brand, but the initial training for the departments I’ve been part of needs some attention. Even now, some days it’s like a scavenger hunt to try to find information I need, but it keeps me on my toes. It also forces me to become familiar with everyone's role and to learn how the company operates as a whole. No one is going to feed you with a golden spoon- I always feel like I am trying to prove myself. You have to work hard, everyday, or you’ll definitely fall through the cracks. I would imagine it is like this with any company, but at Branding Brand where things constantly change to keep up with evolving technology you need to be eager and aggressive. You have to WANT to keep up and you have to WANT to be a part of the change and growth.

Branding Brand2016-08-01
  2. "Great start"

Former Employee - Brander in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Branding Brand full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always get to learn something new

Cons

Projects are sold that cannot be completed as described. All projects turn into piles of techdebt that no one wants to maintain.

Branding Brand2019-12-09

"Manager told everyone to write one, so here!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Branding Brand full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depending upon your skill level when you start here, there is room to grow and learn. Everyone brings something different to the table and you can learn off of someone. Fun, young, atmosphere, you'll be able to find a cliche to chill with during lunch and meetings. Like the other reviews say- free lunch, parking, coke, and beer, and a host of games to play when you have some free time

Cons

Management is running out of areas to explore. Each week it is something new. They change their minds too quickly and if something doesn't go as planned, they lay off a bunch of people to make up for the money that's lost. But I give them props for trying something new, they just need to work with it a little longer. No one likes to take the fault for something going wrong. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, you will have to take the hit for a project you barely worked on. If you were friends with the founders before starting here or somehow related, you have great job security and can get away with anything. Managers ask you to right a review to help bring in new employees! The office is eerily quiet. You'll look around during the day and wander what some people actually do. Like do we really need 6 financial analysts? I'd rather have 6 app devs!

Branding Brand2016-02-24

"Brander"

Brander in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Branding Brand for more than 3 years

Pros

The reviews for Branding Brand are very absurd. One side of the spectrum says that this is the best job you could possibly ever hope to have. The other side, apparently has been working in west africa mining for blood diamonds. Anyone who has 1 put one star, clearly has not worked for a truly awful company. Branding Brand is way too flexible and easy going to be rated this poorly, but we are by no means a five anymore. - The core company hours are 10-6. Anyone should be able to, for the most part, bypass most traffic. - If you want to come in earlier, you can leave earlier. If you get in a bit late, leave a bit later. - Dogs in the office can be a plus. It makes for a nicer atmosphere, unless you are allergic to dogs, sorry. - Free Parking - Free lunches 4 days of the week - Proximity to bars and restaurants - You'll probably make friends with your team. For the most part, as the company has a friendly atmosphere. - Friendly, effective CTO - Long stint of poor choicest technology choices, but things are getting a lot better - Overall, it's a job and the day to day work itself is not bad. There's rarely a lack of work to be done. If you let the work consume your life, it will. If people are overworking themselves, they need to realize that they can just say, "I'm done for today, I'm going home".

Cons

- Raises are nearly non-existent. Your starting salary will likely be your ending salary. For a company that is an "Industry Leader", they give next to nothing or actually nothing during your annual review, even if you had a good review. The only way to get a raise is to put in your two week and see if Branding Brand has decided that you're worth keeping. - 401K is a joke since it lacks any form of matching - The health care is good, but it use to be free. On top of not giving raises we now have to pay for it. It's kind of like a pay deduction to existing employees. - For being such a young, up-and-coming business, we've sure hired a bunch of old guys who have no idea what they are doing. - We have a corporate ladder, but the company decides to change it's structure every 8 months. You're never quite sure where that ladder goes anymore. It doesn't matter anyways since the company is shrinking and there is no room for employee growth as positions only open up when someone finds a better pay elsewhere. - We let certain individuals push the direction of our coding architecture which lead us towards multiple years of misery. - Most of the culture and morale is gone. Branding Brand wants the company to become this tight knit group of people, but then has mass layoffs. Morale is expected to stay high, but they just fired 5 of your friends. Culture and Morale have dropped significantly. There are attempts to rebuild it, but no one trusts the current upper management. When a single person is let go, it's done Gestapo style with a black bag in the middle of the night and never talked about.

Branding Brand2016-01-20

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews