Brandmovers Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Brandmovers Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2019

3.1
Brandmovers CEO ANDREW MITCHELL (no image)
ANDREW MITCHELL

"Fun place to work in just about everything digital"

I have been working at Brandmovers

Pros

Great place for young people to develop new skills and insights. The team has a huge amount of experience including international. Management actively encourages professional certifications and career development training.

Cons

The office space would be nicer if they had more open space.

Advice to Management

Appreciate you allowing us to accept responsibility and work on interesting projects and clients. Keep building this great culture, i love working here.

Brandmovers2014-03-14

"Wretched place to work (as a developer)"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brandmovers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too difficult to find a shady parking space, I had a private office with a window.

Cons

Completely inept and unethical management. Power is concentrated in the hands of the people who are least capable of wielding it responsibly. The dishonesty can be seen in the Glassdoor reviews...any positive review of this company must be presumed to be dishonest and placed there by a company stooge.

Advice to Management

Good luck with that

Brandmovers2014-03-05

"Don't waste a minute here, not even an interview."

I worked at Brandmovers full-time for more than a year

Pros

lots of fortune 500+ clients, good exposure for portfolios and opportunity. Hard working employees are dedicated to doing good work and that's on time and budget.

Cons

executives are micromanagers and poor decision makers; company lacks integrity and ethics, high turn over rate, poor culture, poor benefits... all around disappointing.

Advice to Management

examine how you lead and lead by example, get out of your own way and trust your employees, or find a new line of work for yourself.

Brandmovers2014-03-05
  4. "Fast growing agency with major brand credentials"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brandmovers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Major brands + cutting-edge digital work makes for a fun, dynamic place to work. No two projects are ever quite the same which keeps things creative and fresh.

Cons

If you don't like deadlines this isn't the place for you. Because much of the work is very time sensitive in nature, tensions can run high at times. On the flip side, it keeps you on your toes and pushes you to continually improve your skills.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to clients and exceeding their expectations

Brandmovers2014-01-20
  5. "Rapidly-accelerating tech company/agency with a strong client base and collaborative culture."

Current Employee -  in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brandmovers full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to ideate and develop your own solutions/strategies towards the business and put them into action. Absolutely no politics, red tape, or long-winded approval processes that you might find at similar companies. Brandmovers gives their employees the opportunity to harness their individual strengths and respective talents and put them to direct use. Exposure and involvement with multiple sectors of the... organization, both in the US and globally, has also proven to be an invaluable experience.

Cons

Emerging technologies and new products demand rapid learning and adoption, but this is a positive challenge in my view.

Advice to Management

Continue to coach and mentor your employees, and the results will show in their work.

Brandmovers2014-01-03
  6. "Great experience, learnings, clients and people. I would consider coming back in the future"

Former Employee - Account Team in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brandmovers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to learn a lot about digital engagement and marketing. Brandmovers clients are once in a lifetime clients that value the company's work and employees. The culture is positive, collaborative and engaging. Great opportunity for growth and continued learning. Sometimes, a few employees spoil all the great things that Brandmovers has done and continues to do for their clients and employees.

Cons

There is really no formal training or process management but this actually helped me learn how to do more and become more autonomous. Resources were always available but there sometimes were gaps in the types of resources that the company needed sooner rather than later. I know they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Establish Solid processes, training and listen intently to your employees. The digital world can be yours. I hope you will value former employees' contributions and consider bringing them back should they ever apply. It's a small world.

Brandmovers2013-11-30

"Integrity is definitely lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brandmovers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly, there are no pros. If you judge this company based on the job description, it sounds fantastic. But actually working there is a completely different story.

Cons

I was lied to before I was hired. I was promised benefits like health care and a 401K. Health care has to be paid out of pocket, the company doesn't pay for it. And there is a 401K plan, but there is no matching by the company. I was promised a youthful, fun environment working with knowledgable industry professionals, but there isn't too much youth and there are no industry professionals (no long-term ones, anyway).... Upper management is regularly dishonest with employees and clients. I am appalled that they are still in business. And it really starts at the top with upper management and trickles down throughout the company. They preach to everyone that they care, but they do not. The turnover rate for employees is about 1 year or less.

Advice to Management

I don't have much to say because I've made suggestions in the past, but they've all been ignored. There is so much potential for this to be a great place to work, but it has to start at the top.

Brandmovers2013-12-05

"Beware of high employee churn..."

I worked at Brandmovers

Pros

Great client roster Allows you to be big fish in small pond, if that's what you're seeking Small company perks [employee cruise, holiday parties]

Cons

Volatile and unstable environment as most employees have been there < 1 year! Make sure to ask about the staff's longevity during your interview, as this is a direct reflection on the company's historical practices and opportunity for growth. This is an ongoing challenge for the agency, which results in a nervous and worried staff. Lack of support from management and disparate chains of command.... Resourcing - due to the size of agency and work required, there are simply not enough resources to maintain a high standard of quality. Corners are cut and shortcuts are taken in order to achieve tight timelines, and the fidelity of the project suffers. To sum it up, you get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

Hire visionary leaders and entrust them to manage the staff. Inspire your employees and lead by GOOD example. I would say 'listen to employees' but management is not the sort to appreciate third-party ideas and input, so this section is probably superfluous to them.

Brandmovers2013-11-18

"Prevaricate"

I worked at Brandmovers

Pros

In hindsight, there were no pros.

Cons

Forthrightly lied about company health and prosperity.

Advice to Management

Do what you say, say what you mean!

Brandmovers2013-11-17
  10. "Learnt about a lot about digital marketing and new media channels"

Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Brandmovers full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, very fast paced team members are upbeat and respectful to one another. The other thing I enjoyed was the lack of office politics.

Cons

Challenges of fortune 500 client demands, however there is a spirit of can do and let's figure issues out as a team that make it work. So, I can manage with things not being perfect as long as the camaraderie is good.

Advice to Management

Spend more time understanding the career goals of employees so that the company can take them to the next level.

Brandmovers2013-11-15