Brandwatch Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

3.6
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 18 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London(in 11 reviews)

• "There are no women in the senior management(in 7 reviews)

"Opportunity for Growth"

5.0

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Brandwatch is an open and collaborative environment that supports and encourages people to work across departments and offices in the day-to-day, but also to explore new career opportunities and for growth in their professional development. During my time, I've seen many people transition into leadership roles, move to different offices around the world, and excel in a new role in a different department.

Cons

With growth, there can be the typical challenges like enough conference rooms or meeting spaces.

2. "Social Media Analytics Downfall"

Former Employee - Director Sales Engineering in Boston, MA

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work and customers, but tough data.

Cons

Exec team generally speaking were figure heads and not helpful in creating a culture of learning and collaboration.

"Issues go deep"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some smart people left on staff

Cons

Very cliquey, and by cliquey, I mean if you are a straight white male you are in the clique and you will likely succeed. Bonus points if you are British. Senior management demographics reflect this dynamic and women, queer people, and BIPOC are poorly represented and purposefully held back from promotions and raises and even fired without good cause. All this happens while the company gives lip service to being very liberal and progressive. The lack of diversity in leadership positions has also led to a lack of diversity in opinions, and the poor state of the product and low morale of teams reflects this. Missed opportunities across the board.

4. "Great technology, but still figuring out the logistics."

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology suite, flexible WFH and time off policies, great team of people there.

Cons

Teams don't work the best together, often felt siloed. Change in internal strategy at what seems like the drop of a hat with little to no transparency on decision making. Tools given to us by our managers often don't help workflow (i.e. Salesforce). Brandwatch suite is about 12-18 months away from completion.

"Stay away"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Flexibility, unlimited PTO, good non-senior people.

Cons

No leadership is better than the poor leadership team assembled here. Be friends with the right people and you get what you want.

"A lot of problems."

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Extremely smart, ambitious, and hardworking people. Mostly.

Cons

Clique-y, non-diverse, non-inclusive culture. Disappointedly poor leadership, especially at the C-level. Constantly changing strategies with no communication or transparency behind the motivations. Sub-par pay and benefits Gender pay issues Complete lack of any kind of professional HR department C-level seems either blind to, or in denial of real problems within the workplace and tend to resort to bandaids on bullet wounds as a means to solve issues.

7. "Lost Opportunity"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workplace Culture, Awesome People, collaborative office space, flexible work/life balance, work from home

Cons

Poor middle management. Lack of double loop thinking

Continue reading

"Great place with usual struggles"

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment for self starters. If you want to grow and are a go getter, you will have plenty of opportunities. Very smart people with little ego, who genuinely want to work to do what's best, constantly grow and innovate. The company definitely hit some growing pains in 2017 but with a few good hires and tough decisions, recovered from the temporary issues.

Cons

The company moves at a very fast pace, so there are always things changing - not necessarily a con for me, but might be for some. Some offices can feel clique-y.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication, industry-leading product, inspiring executive team and a culture of responsibility expected of their employees.

Cons

Tough space to routinely hit quota. Social media space is rapidly changing and it will be interesting to see how it plays out with their partners. The typical buyer is very immature when it comes to buying enterprise software so sales cycles can be long with lots of starts and stops. As a seller its hard to forecast opportunities and get prospects to commit to close plans.

Continue reading
  10. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Intelligent colleagues, great company culture -Flexible work environment -Kind/compassionate people who want to do the right thing -Normal tech company benefits (snacks, happy hours, drinks, etc.) -Opportunities for career progression

Cons

-Tough industry to be in -Company to be more quick/nimble/innovative in a space that is as fast moving as this

Found 149 reviews