Brandyourself Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Brandyourself CEO Patrick Ambron
Patrick Ambron

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fantastic company culture that breeds camaraderie, fosters collaboration, and pushes everyone to produce work they're proud of" (in 6 reviews)

• "There is something new to learn almost everyday and someone or the other ALWAYs willing to help" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s still a young company and so there are growing pains, which can be expected" (in 6 reviews)

• "This is a young company, and there's a lot of movement and rapid change" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome Place to Work!!"

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Co-workers are friendly and always willing to help
    -Team oriented
    -Free snacks and coffee
    -Great work/life balance

Cons

-Need to improve their overall training system

"Great Company for Experience and Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are great to work with
    - The company is in a fast going industry and is focused on providing new services and tools to help with online reputation management. It is clear there is a lot of potential for growth
    - As a start - up you certainly gain a lot of experience doing a wide array of jobs. It adds a lot to the resume.
    -Reasonable pay and benefits
    - Good PTO and unlimited Sick days
    -Team events

Cons

Being a start up it still has some issues around communication and infrastructure. Things don't seem to flow perfect on a day to day basis, but it seems like many of the hurtles come from being a younger team that had to grow a company very quickly.

Advice to Management

Work through some of the communication issues. It might be important to also offer more training for both employees as well as management. Keep building on what you have, it is exciting to see the company grow!

3. "Brand Strategist"

I worked at Brandyourself full-time

Pros

Vertical growth opportunity, flexible workplace in a important industry.

Cons

Senior leadership is a bit green.

"Love working with this team!"

Current Employee - Concierge Managed Services in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Concierge Managed Services in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working somewhere that is growing so fast - it makes every day exciting to know that you are truly making an impact and pushing the company forward. I know I can stay here for a long time because there are so many opportunities and different ways to continue growing.

My favorite part of BY, though, is that I genuinely like the people I work with. It makes a huge difference to work alongside a team who truly supports you. The office is filled with highly motivated, highly dedicated, bright people who make work fun and interesting. I never stop being impressed with the ideas that come out of this team

Cons

There are always growing pains when things move this quickly. Being part of a start-up like this does ask a lot of you, but it gives a lot in return as well. For me that outweighs the negatives, however, don't expect an easy, constant environment where you simply clock in and are not challenged.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to ideas from all directions, stay dynamic and passionate

"Love my team"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm excited to go to work every day and collaborate with a team that helps me develop professionally. Being surrounded by so many talented and kind individuals is a daily reminder that I'm in the right place. Looking forward to seeing how my team and the company continue to grow.

Cons

Nothing I haven't experienced at any other job.

Advice to Management

Always seek to improve communication and listen to your team.

"Dynamic, creative, challenging and full of opportunity"

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Upward mobility is very present. The company is growing so there are new initiatives/business units being created, and additional layers within departments which presents opportunity
    - People are given opportunities to rise to challenges and step into roles as opposed to all hires being made externally
    - Everyone cares a lot about their job, the company and the people they work with, making it one of the more rewarding places to work
    - While the company still has lot's to prove it has been investing more money and time in both internal and external training for employees
    - People get along making it somewhere you can stay for a long time

Cons

- There's a lot of change as the company expands and it's not possible to meet everyones needs
    - It sometimes can be a challenge connecting across both BrandYourself offices
    - Some months i feel the company can't hire fast enough sometimes putting strain on current resources

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information with the company. We all feel part of the journey we're on and the more information we have the more we can feel part of it. Continue hiring enthusiastic and intelligent people and ensure BrandYourself remains a great place to work.

"Fast-paced environment with supportive team members"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BrandYourself has done a great job at hiring and building a positive and encouraging culture. Because the company has been growing rapidly, each employee has the ability to leave their mark on the organization and have a positive impact.

Every position within the company allows for employees to own their work and implement new ideas and ways of doing things. BrandYourself is not a company that is stuck in their ways and resistant to change.

The benefits offered are very generous and the office location makes it nice to walk to lunch and spend time with co-workers.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to cast the vision and the direction of the company to everyone. It can be easy to get caught up in the day-to-day operations and lose track of the long-term goals and vision.

"BrandYourself training, performance reviews, and professional development have all come a long way"

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time

Pros

-In the last year or so, the employee reviews at brandyourself have gotten a lot more detailed and consistent than when I first started. There have also been more training and development opportunities.
    -Lots of growth potential - the company's been growing fast which means a lot of chances to step into new roles
    -Experiments and new ways of doing things are usually given a shot even if they don't always work out

Cons

-Never quite enough time/resources to fix all the issues
    -Certain accounts can be tough - even when you're doing your best it doesn't always mean your work is going to get rave reviews from every client
    -Things change really quickly which is exciting but it also means you have to learn new processes and ways of doing things on a tight timeline

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and keep thinking about ways to create opportunities for the team.

"Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Brandyourself part-time

Pros

Awesome and understanding bosses, great coworkers, and an amazing facility to use. Plenty of couch space to relax while you work and well stocked kitchens and facilities that make getting tea or a quick snack a breeze. Close to downtown so getting lunch is never a stress.

Coworkers are all friendly and helpful and the office itself feels calm and inviting.

Cons

Office space is at a minimum and I'm constantly being shifted around. As someone that needs a familiar work space, I don't want to have to worry about coming into work and not having some place to work. An unnecessary added stress.

"Fast Paced / Dynamic"

I have been working at Brandyourself full-time

Pros

Fast paced culture with plenty of opportunities to engage outside of your given department.

The company is far enough along that you have support and structure but not so big that the startup mentality and ability to creatively solve problems has diminished.

Cons

There could be stronger collaboration between the two offices

Advice to Management

The company wide meetings give a lot of insight into the long term direction and mission for the company. Continue to put resources and initiatives in place that help all the employees understand and be inspired by the overall mission and long term direction!