Brandyourself Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brandyourself~823316
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 10 reviews)
  • "It's a great culture to be a part of and feels like everyone's working to help the company succeed.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Presents a good opportunity for recent grads to get their feet wet in the world of public relations and offers reasonable growth opportunities for those who earn it.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Aside from all that, though, the company culture is enough of a reason to work here.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Very young, "woke" group of people

Feb 28, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the most validating group of millennials aver - in a good way. You will feel seen and be able to take mental health days.

Cons

Management is young and sometimes makes human errors. The salary isn't great. You deal with clients who might not be pleasant all the time.

2. 4.0

Great place to work

Mar 29, 2022 - Reputation Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible and generous PTO Work from home

Cons

Lead volume can be spotty

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Cares about employees! Overall great place to work!

Mar 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of care and dedication to making sure employees are well both mentally and physically. A great atmosphere and team to work with, and leadership is always looking for ways to keep teams connected!

Cons

Not many. On the lower end when it comes to salary.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Atmosphere

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home most of the time Great people to work with Growth potential

Cons

More inter-department communication to develop a more cohesive strategy

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great atmosphere, but growth is difficult

Feb 15, 2022 - Content Writer in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is wonderful to work with! Very easy to talk to coworkers and management, communication is efficient, and the management team went above and beyond.

Cons

As a part-time employee, there was very little room for growth. I interviewed for a full-time position four times, was told the next time I interviewed I would definitely get a promotion, then got told the position would go to anyone else. It became increasingly frustrating as a PT worker who put a lot into the work I did at the company; if you want to advance in your career, you’ll have better luck starting in a FT position.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

A great stepping stone.

Dec 22, 2021 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to build your career. Flexible schedule. Great people.

Cons

Workload can be a lot. Clients can be tricky to deal with.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive team, interesting work

Dec 2, 2021 - Brand Strategist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, great company culture, great leadership, very flexible. Lot's more room for growth and opportunity to learn than at a larger ad/marketing agency.

Cons

Requires good organization/time management skills. Like any agency, there are lots of moving parts and always work to be done. Thankfully, supervisors are very understanding and will always work with you.

8. 5.0

Great Place to work

Oct 14, 2021 - Reputation Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teamwork for a small sales team

Cons

Small team can lead to fast pace but certainly manageable

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run while you can

Nov 11, 2021 - Social Media Specialist in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Unlimited sick Paid vaca Holiday pay

Cons

They are super nit picky. They won’t tell you that you’ve done something wrong until a month after it’s happened and then they keep a running list. I was pregnant and they put me on “probation” because they couldn’t fire me. The job was both stressful on me and my pregnancy.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Glad I took the job

Jul 1, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have a team of solid engineers who are communicative, collaborative and talented. My teammates care about producing well-written code. They give and accept feedback without ego or pretense. They never turn down requests for help. Working with them and learning from them has made me a better developer. I have found the leadership at BrandYourself to be honorable, compassionate and transparent. They run the company with a clear vision and clear values. Management does a good job soliciting and responding to feedback. I feel like my manager has my back and makes my job easier. Tech dept is not four letter word. Leadership and management both understand the value of maintaining a healthy codebase. The holiday schedule and vacation packages are generous. I like the way we do scrum. I think it aligns well with the principles of agile.

Cons

As a smaller company we don't have the same resources as the big tech companies. Our devs probably wear more hats than they would on a bigger team. I can see how that would be a con for some people, but I think we probably prefer it that way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews

Brandyourself Reviews FAQs

Brandyourself has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 110 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Brandyourself to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brandyourself employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brandyourself. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

83% of Brandyourself employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brandyourself 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brandyourself to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Brandyourself Job Seekers