Brandywine Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brenda J. Bacon

Pros
  • It's nice to want to come to work every day and love what you do (in 5 reviews)

• Great team spirit , good benefits and salary -lots of incentives (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There Are No Cons At This Moment In My Eyes (in 7 reviews)

• Very low pay for the level I was functioning at (in 3 reviews)

1. "nice place to work"

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time

Pros

good hours, good food , nice residents

Cons

low pay, old management was horrible

2. "DCR"

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

Inconsistent pay out if commission

"Family Vibe"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for this company! Ive been working in this building for over 12 years and feel like I'm home when I'm here....I believe that reflects on our residents. Ive noticed the same family vibe in other buildings...that says something about a company.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to work.

"Brandywine is The Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Brandywine for three years. I started as a temporary employee with no guarantee of permanent employment. The management team has an eye for talented people that they know should be a part of the team. In three short years I am now part of the management team. If you're a hard worker and take pride in your ability, it doesn't go unnoticed. The relationships you build with the residents and other staff members are priceless. Its one of the very few jobs I've had in my lifetime that i can honestly say that i love coming to work every day! Benefits, earned vacation time, paid training, room for advancement, ability to transfer to one of the 25+ other locations, all pro's in my book.

Cons

I haven't really come across many cons of the job other than, if you're just looking to collect a paycheck, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Hopefully in the future they consider contributing to the 401K

"Excellent company!"

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time

Pros

Mission based company, excellent corporate culture. This is a rare company that stills know how to run a business but with compassion and kindness. Well-organized, good teamwork, work/life balance. The CEO gives you the freedom to do your job and be creative! It's nice to want to come to work every day and love what you do.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Join Our Family at Toms River!"

Current Employee - Concierge in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I always say this is my second family, from Management to the Residents, our community is something special! Go the Distance - Work hard and it will be reciprocated

Cons

As with many healthcare careers- Holidays, bad weather etc. We still have Residents that depend on us

Advice to Management

Our management team really is amazing. I can not say anything to them, they help out, they take care of things. Truly lucky to have them

"Brandywine Senior Suites"

Current Employee - Concierge in East Norriton, PA
    Current Employee - Concierge in East Norriton, PA

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefit package
    management team is very supportive
    flexible schedules

Cons

One con is that we are a 24hr operation with weekend and overnight hours

"Life is Beautiful at Brandywine"

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work! A very caring environment with benefits and opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Wish I could spend even more time with the residents.

"Love Love My Job"

Current Employee - Invest Coordinator in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Invest Coordinator in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love the satisfaction of making a difference in someone's life Brandywine is for you. The entire management staff is fully involved in all aspects of residents lives. From a happy smile every day to sitting down with someone who is not having a good day. Moving up in the company is always available as they try to hire within the company first. I started part time as an escapades expert(activities assistant) 2 years ago and am now a full time employee as an invest coordinator. I go to work each day with a smile knowing I love my job and the company I work for.

Cons

I really can't say anything that I don't enjoy in this company, but the whole business itself is rough. You get to know the residents and treat them as a second family and you find out who they were years ago, and it's sad to see what has become of them because of the debilitating disease and it's devastating to see family members trying to cope.

11. "I love Brandywine! Hope to retire here one day."

Current Employee - Escapades Producer in Shrewsbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Escapades Producer in Shrewsbury, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great management team, wonderful caring staff, variety of activities, a chauffeur to bring you to doctor appointments and stores. Great place to start and build a career.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!