Brandywine Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Brenda J. Bacon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Its one of the very few jobs I've had in my lifetime that i can honestly say that i love coming to work every day (in 8 reviews)

• The management team has an eye for talented people that they know should be a part of the team (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons to working here (in 11 reviews)

• Low-pay for the hours and work they expect you to put in (in 5 reviews)

1. "Administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick Island, DE

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company philosophy for care is validated every day when we make a difference in the lives of our residents, and our employees. We have the greatest team members, and they pride themselves on success. I'm proud to be a part of this company and this team!

Cons

While not really a "con," a job at Brandywine is not for everyone. We are the trendsetters for assisted living and we expect a lot from our employees. If you want to stand with the best, stand with us! If you are satisfied with putting in an "average day of work" then you will not find reward or longevity. We are the best because we are ALL on the front line.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about us too!

2. "Okay"

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time

Pros

Beautiful design. Residents are awesome. Awesome dementia unit.

Cons

Could use more togetherness. People working together in all departments.

3. "Supportive management team"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The directors and managers at Brandywine Howell are truly customer first! They ensure that the staff has all of the right tools to make sure the residents are properly taken care of and satisfied. I've never seen an Executive Director or Director of Nursing pitch in the way that they do here. There is no job that I haven't seen them help with. Standing on the front-line of customer service along with your employees sets an amazing example. They make themselves available to our residents, families and staff. All of the changes I've seen them make since joining 1/2016, have helped build a stronger team and supportive work environment! I love it here so much, that I've brought 5 of my friends to join our company.

Cons

I haven't had real any negative experience distance being there the benefits are slightly high on the pricey side. The directors are easy to talk to and quick to address issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to standby your staff and lead by example it will take us to amazing places.

4. "Best place there is1 to work."

Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of Environmental Services in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is an atmosphere here, that is like no other. We work as a team, each department always willing to help each other out. We each put in a hard days work and leave each day with a sense of completion.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "housekeeping"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Brandywine. It's the best job I ever had. It feels like we are one big family. I look forward to coming to work everyday and can't wait to come back after my days off.

Cons

I have no issues at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job!

6. "Love love love"

Current Employee - Invest Coordinator in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Invest Coordinator in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love what your job then this us the place for you

Cons

Seeing residents deteriorate that you feel are your family.

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - BOM in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - BOM in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 15 years. The current management team is the best, caring, understand, fair. The care manages, nurses, dietary staff, housekeeping staff, activities are all great people. Everyone cares for the residents and the company. The corporate office is always there to lend a hand. This is by far the best place to work

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Brandywine Days"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working at Brandywine for nine years in the Howell building. Thru the years this has become another home and family for me. I can always count on support and guidance along with working together as a team. Being a part of our residents lives each day , and them being a part of mine is the added bonus!

Cons

Although some days may be more challenging than others I always look forward to the next day!

9. "Brandywine Living at Howell"

Current Employee - DCR in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - DCR in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Brandywine Living for 11 years. It's more then just a work place or a job; it's my second home. I am lucky enough to work with some amazing people who strive to make a difference in the lives of others.

Cons

When working this industry we know that eventually we will lose and have to say goodbye to some wonderful people we have cared for and connected with. Although this does not get easier as time goes on it is still a very rewarding and fulfilling career

10. "Supportive managers - great environment"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Howell, NJ

I have been working at Brandywine Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The directors and managers at Brandywine Howell are very proactive and support all of the residents needs. They are truly "customer first". They are quick to ensure that the employees have the tools and support needed to appropriately take care of the residents that live here. They encourage and acknowledge the staff when they go above and beyond. They are consistent with communication meetings and make themselves always available to our residents, families and employees. Its awesome to see an Executive Director and Director of Nursing that will pitch in wherever is needed, working side by side with the staff. All of the changes I have seen them make, have lead to a better work environment. I enjoy my job, the support I receive and the residents so much that I've brought 5 of my friends to join our company!

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences since coming on board 1/2016.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for excellence! We appreciate all that you do and standing on the "front line of service" with us sets an excellent example!