Braum's Reviews in Tuttle, OK | Glassdoor

2.9
Drew M. Braum
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quickly promoted from ice cream scooper to cashier because I could do basic math (in 18 reviews)

• very great space and has alot of happy ness upon it you can get around easy and a very good pay (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • it's FREEZING having to put away ice cream and you smash your fingers unloading and rearranging the milk room (in 17 reviews)

• long hours, no benefits, manager inconsiderate (in 13 reviews)

1. "Delivery Truck Driver"

Former Employee - Semi Delivery Truck Driver in Tuttle, OK
    Former Employee - Semi Delivery Truck Driver in Tuttle, OK

I worked at Braum's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hourly pay, Home daily or nightly, No cameras on trucks, Electronic Logs-XRS system, easy to use, easy to know and learn, alot of OT, staying on routes for 6 months or more at a time, company weekly meat sales. They always paid right, and will work with you if issues arise. I truly enjoyed my time here for the most part.

Cons

change of benefits for the worse.

Advice to Management

quit cutting benefits biggest reason for leaving, hold the stores accountable for not doing their part, and menu changes as a customer that don't make sense.

2. "Unfulfilled promises."

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Tuttle, OK
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Tuttle, OK

I have been working at Braum's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job was good for me because it was close to family, friends and doctors. I graduated from Tuttle and working at the dairy plant was a good fit for me considering I graduated from Oklahoma state university with a food science degree. One of the positives I can say is that if you are working at the dairy/bakery/farm plant in Tuttle you can purchase meat at a very discounted price.

Cons

I took over a dollar pay cut in order to move close to home. However I was told that within a year I would have three different $0.50 raises. Which would actually put me slightly above what I was previously. When I spoke to management about the reasons that I was not getting the raises as promised I was told that I was never promised any raises. Additionally when another position opened up that would allow me to make more money I was told the position was already filled, however I was never told the company was filling the position so soon.

Advice to Management

Better communication between recruiter and hiring managers.

3. "maintenance technician at ice cream plant in Tuttle"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Tuttle, OK
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Tuttle, OK

I worked at Braum's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company. Not going to be sold or closed down. The job is challenging and constantly changing from day to day.

Cons

Braum's considers maintenance as a necessary evil. The work shop is too small for area needed. Tools assigned are too few. Starting salary is fine for inexperience technicians but too low for experienced. The plant is a high stress atmosphere with a few production supervisors that acts like a child when things breaks and things always do. Age for technicians needs to be 25-50.