Bread Financial Employee Reviews about "management"
83% would recommend to a friend
(253 total reviews)
93% approve of CEO
Found 253 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great Benefits and fellow employees" (in 138 reviews)
- "The pay is good the bs is consistant.Just be on your p's & q's ." (in 103 reviews)
- "Great people and very clean place." (in 81 reviews)
- "Good Work life Balance and Salary." (in 77 reviews)
- "The culture is great as we help our community and the company helps those across the nation when tragedy strikes." (in 55 reviews)
- "Poor management, and lack of structure." (in 44 reviews)
- "Senior leadership only talks about sunshine and rainbows like they're dellusional." (in 29 reviews)
- "Certain managers were difficult to work with." (in 28 reviews)
- "Supervisors are lazy." (in 27 reviews)
- "Not always forth coming Communication isn’t always clear" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bread Financial and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jul 2, 2019Credit Card SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAlbuquerque, NM
The atmophere and culture is comforting. Upper management keeps us all informed of how we are doing indivdually and as a company in gerneral. We have a open door policy. The compensation is very competitive. My job here at Alliance Data is a fun place to work, I learn here everyday and there is never a dull moment!
Alliance Data, like some most major companies are always changing something, it is always for the good of our future, the only thing constant with Alliance Data is change. And sometimes getting a shift that works for you can be challenging at first.
- 4.0Aug 1, 2009Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Work/life balance is generally respected here. Management doesn't frown on PTO or sick time. I've never seen a PTO request denied as long as I have been employed here. Management is very receptive to new ideas and unique insight. They value each associate's strengths and encourage creative thinking during problem solving activities. This is a very 'nice' culture. People are typically friendly. Senior management makes an effort to know the names and faces of their worker bees.
It seems very political in the office these days. Not sure if this is in response to the terrible economic climate we are facing or just the result of the new leadership appointments. Also, the saying, "Perception is Reality" is unfortunately very true here.
- 1.0Feb 17, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeePlano, TX
Initially was a great place to sork
IT management has gone thru a process to create scape goats for his mismanagement and ego. There is a yearly layoff cycle that has added to a very political climate. Budgets and timelines are created for projects to get approved then needed resources were withheld. Very bad relationship exists between IT Mgmt and other Corp departments. IT Mgmt does not communicate well to staff and current morale is very low.4
- 3.0Nov 30, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good hours, steady work, great cafeteria, you get your own desk
Management very strict and not consistent with daily operations. Always looking for ways to write employees up for termination, Don't feel secure with this job as people are fired almost daily.(revolving door company) Don't quit your current job for this one, as you might not have it very long.
- 4.0Oct 28, 2020SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDenver, CO
Great peers to work with.
Scheduling can be odd at times. But upper management can be understanding and helpfulBread Financial Response4y
Thank you for providing your feedback!
- 1.0Oct 19, 2019Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee
Have a work from home program
Bad management management is very rude3Bread Financial Response5y
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We value your opinion and will take this feedback into consideration as we continue to evolve and grow.
- 2.0Oct 7, 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Good tech stack. Nothing else.
No RSUs. No clear hiring guidelines. People that joined recently quit within a few months. Inexperienced management looking to just grow their org instead of doing what is right for the company. Company culture promotes awarding heroics.1Bread Financial Response2y
We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience working for BF. Effective leadership is essential to our success as a business, and our very clear hiring guidelines and trainings are what have made us successful in bringing top talent into the organization. We take your concerns sincerely and will pass it along to the appropriate teams.
- 4.0Mar 25, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Compensation Bonus Structure Flexible Scheduling Growth and Development CEO VP upper level management lower level management some mid level management
some mid level management (disconnection between what CEO and VP wants and what mid level management carries out) Can be stressful
- 3.0Aug 22, 2019Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Good company with a decent culture and morale
Very much about numbers and management could use some trainingBread Financial Response5y
We value your feedback. Thanks for your review.
- 2.0Aug 5, 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeColumbus, OH
Good people below VP level. The true heart of the company is at the Director and Manager level. Kudos to them.
Upper management is out of touch with the business. Middle management is stuck between understanding the vision and objectives and communicating those to subordinates.2