KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Breadware Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2021

Found 7 of over 7 reviews

4.2

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Great Projects, Great Company

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working on the frontlines of technology with highly talented colleagues. Fast-paced learning environment Good management team

Cons

Can be busy sometimes, but that's the nature of a leading edge engineering firm

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Fast-Paced, Exciting, Genuine Company

Feb 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a small company, Breadware can hire selectively and it does. At Breadware you see hard-working, smart people who genuinely want to be at work every day. This makes it fun to come here and collaborate with colleagues. It's a casual work environment with great benefits and perks; the company is flexible and will work with you when you need it. Because it's so small, you know that the work you do here does genuinely make a difference and benefits the company significantly. You know that your work has a purpose, even if that purpose might change from quarter to quarter, but it's okay because you know that you're in it with the team for the long haul.

Cons

Things change fast here. If you want to come to work and do the same thing everyday, this is not the right place for you, but neither is any start-up. The parking garage is fairly awful, too.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place, excellent people

Feb 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Culture, interesting projects. Perfect place for a person to learn and grow.

Cons

No cons if you love working in a fast paced environment.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Smart and hard working team

Jan 28, 2020 - Vice President Business Development in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO really cares about the team and the company culture.

Cons

Typical issues that most startups have.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work for The Right Person and Mentality

Jul 25, 2019 - Head of Digital Marketing in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll wear a lot of hats which equals great experience across a variety of teams/disciplines in a short amount of time. The culture is still young but because of that, you're able to influence and shape what it ultimately becomes. Flower shirt Fridays, anyone? Demo Days? You bet. There's an incredibly talented team behind the scenes at Breadware. From the engineers to developers and marketers to sales, you'll be in good company here to learn and grow in your career. We are a startup company. You will see glimpses of what you might already associate with a startup: ping-pong table, mini-drones flying around, team lunch outings, after-work hangs, and much more. Speaking to the established side of the company: we've grown and matured to having a dedicated office space, building out our departments, become more strategically aligned in our business goals and objectives, adding solid employee benefits, and plenty more as we continue well into the future. You're going to work with companies from Fortune 100s to innovative startups and everyone in between. We're humble. We're hungry. We're Breadware.

Cons

This is where I'll share what I believe to be cons for the wrong person and mentality to be at Breadware. In this current business stage, you will need to be able to run at a high gear for extended periods of time. It's a marathon. So you'll need endurance and grit! We're a passionate and confident group. It's contagious to some and perhaps annoying to others. At the end of the day, it's because we at Breadware fully believe we're working towards something great. This is not a good fit for a clock-in and clock-out personality. To work here is to become fully engaged with the world of IoT, product development, technology, and navigating our way through this nascent industry. There's no roadmap. Because it's such a new industry with a nearly infinite application, we're on the frontier as pathfinders. It requires us to invent completely new processes and systems. Which can be intimidating, confusing, and paralyzing. You'll be tasked with just enough information to know the goal and direction, but it's often left up to you to figure out how to do it and what it takes to get there. The ability to work autonomously and think critically is vitally important. Again, it's not for everyone. But for those that it is, it's fast-paced, crazy exciting, and unlike any place you've worked before.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid at all costs

Jun 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The location is close to a lot of cool coffee shops and restaurants, but that's about it.

Cons

The parking sucks, I feel like I have to be on high alert anytime I walk to and from my car. The culture needs massive help, but is probably unfixable at this point. Employees get projects thrown at them at the last minute which are outside of their skillset, but management still expects the task to be done quickly and done well. If it isn't you'll be called out in front of other employees. Going off of that, management has little regard for what you actually want to do, and instead just has you complete whatever random task is most convenient for them.

Continue reading
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity, inconsistent reward

Aug 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Given the industry and being a startup, Breadware was full of opportunity to create and build new elements to the business and feel valued while doing so.

Cons

Limited transparency from management. Over-promising and under-delivering to hard working employees.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews