Brenntag Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 168 reviews

Brenntag CEO Steven Holland
Steven Holland
Pros
Cons
  • "Disconnect between upper management and local branches(in 9 reviews)

• "berforderte Vorgesetzte, Lange Wege bei der Umsetzung neuer Ideen, Bezahlung entspricht nicht immer der T(in 4 reviews)

"Make Brenntag YOUR Company!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Opportunities are endless in all areas of the company....Brenntag is a company where you can make it be whatever it is that you're looking for in an employer.

Cons

The first year or two is the hardest...figure out who we are and what we do THEN decide on your own career path and what that looks like. Brenntag isn't for everyone but everyone has the opportunity to Make It Yours!

Advice to Management

Communication....there's never a right nor wrong amount of communication that should take place but everyone needs to feel that their management is communicating at all levels. We're not there yet.

Brenntag2019-02-20
  2. "Good and safe work, great people and management is well ran."

Current Employee - Operator in Fairmont City, IL

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than a year

Pros

Voluntary overtime, pay is ok, flexible work hours.

Cons

Insurance is a joke , not paying enough for the dangerous and hazardous materials you handle.

Brenntag2019-05-15

"Interview process"

Current Employee - Manager in Reading, PA

I have been working at Brenntag full-time

Pros

Was considerate while scheduling interviews, and on time with notifications of interviews.

Cons

Not very considerate after the interview, They had me come in twice for interviews (one by their request) and never followed up back with me, until I contracted then asking on a status. They said they had filled the job a moths ago.

Advice to Management

My advise, It shows a bad representation of how the company is run. When I interview my workers, all whom had, had interviews will get correspondence that the positions was filled.

Brenntag2019-04-25
  4. "Can’t complain"

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Culture on my team is positive, make your numbers and the schedule is flexible

Cons

Not enough employee buy-in and lack of competent people in certain positions

Brenntag2019-03-29
  5. "Decent job"

Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Brenntag full-time

Pros

Job security and decent place to work

Cons

No set schedule. Pay could be better.

Brenntag2019-03-16
    • "good company"

Current Employee - Operator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

good work life balance in my unit pay is good

Cons

40 hr weeks at beginning of year

Brenntag2019-02-11
    • "Ok company with ok pay"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

company is stable and so is the market, you pretty much can guarantee to stay at this job for the next 20-30 years.

Cons

no room for growth,middle managers stay for a long time with very little room for growth, pay not competitive with other distributors, no one really cares about the chemical distribution industry from the outside. You will not make alot of money here.

Advice to Management

increase pay and create new jobs with more responsibilities.

Brenntag2019-02-04
    • "Operator"

Current Employee - Filler Operator in Henderson, KY

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It’s a hot nasty job in the summer and frigid in the winter with a lot of doom and gloom sprinkled in between. The best part is dealing with inept management, lots of lol moments. 401 k is pretty good, but nothing stellar compared to other places. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste time with this place

Cons

A lot of favoritism and micromanaging. Immaturity on all levels. Leadership sleeping with other employees.... Pay isn’t up to standard for the jobs you are asked to perform. This company is leaving a terrible footprint filled with pollution in our community, they have very little regard for things that happen and the stuff they spill, they prefer to turn a blind eye to everything. If you speak out then you become...

Advice to Management

Get out from behind or under your desk.... open your eyes.... stop playing favoritism, have some integrity, show honesty.... oh, I got it! Be a decent person, you would be surprised at the positive return you will gain. Your only as good as your lowest man. You need us and we need you, we need leaders, people we can trust and follow....

Brenntag2019-02-07

"Managers not engaged with your career path. No formal training, lots of micro managers. Very unorganized."

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brenntag full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Close to home for me.

Cons

Micro managers No time to teach “ the ropes” of what is expected. There are MUCH better companies to work for instead of Brenntag.

Advice to Management

Look at your middle managers that will supervisor employees. The culture is toxic for new hires!

Brenntag2019-02-14

"Good people, but bad structure"

Current Employee - Brenntag Pacific

I have been working at Brenntag full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The people at the company are great, and if they weren't, I would have left a long time ago. And there is job security. Good stepping stone job. Safety taken very seriously as it should be.

Cons

One of the reasons there's job security is there is no one to back you up. Taking vacation can be a logistical hassle. Vacation package is very behind the times. Pay is below average. Benefits are just OK. I don't know how they plan to stay relevant and attract young talent. Always seeming like we are putting out fires instead of making any progress to being better. Aside from a good safety culture, there's not a...

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people and infrastructure, I think you would be surprised what a happy and invested workforce could do.

Brenntag2019-01-18