Brentwood Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Peter Rye

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, fair pay, good hours, nice working environment, benefits are very good.

Cons

Sometimes management seems disconnected from daily tasks of other employees.

Jan 9, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review! We’re glad you’re happy with your role, work-life balance, and have established good relationships with your coworkers.

If you’d like to discuss how... More

2. "Quality"

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time

Pros

Good Quality team and communications

Cons

Big company, changes are slower than expectations

Advice to Management

Real change and continuous improvement need support

Jan 9, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your thoughts. It’s great to hear that you’re happy with your team and feel that Brentwood communicates well.

Over the past few years, we have indeed been working to implement some... More

"Production operator more than 10 years."

Current Employee - Machine Operator
    Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Production workers are friendly, helping each other & supporting each other to get the job done.
    Pay is ok, & benefit package is better than average.

Cons

Company seems top-heavy, lots more white collars than you'd expect for the size of the operation. Production areas are run very lean. A single unexpected employee absence throws a HUGE monkey wrench into the machinery. Many production employees report feeling under-valued.
    A gulf seems to exist between salaried and hourly employees, sometimes creating an "us vs them" attitude.

Advice to Management

Paying more attention to employee satisfaction may increase employee engagement levels, resulting in higher productivity overall.

Jan 8, 2018 – HR

Thanks for submitting a review. It’s great to hear that our employees are encouraging and supporting one another! We’re also glad that you’re happy with the benefits package.

In terms of the... More

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Reading, PA

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great manufacturing employees, well maintained and comfortable buildings, variety of products

Cons

Not sure the company has a clear focus or direction anymore

Advice to Management

I agree getting rid of disengaged and people just along for the ride is good. But getting rid of people who genuinely care about the company and helping to build on it's long legacy is not the same as shedding dead wood. At some point you're just going to be left with shallow, unexperienced "yes men" and "yes women". Do you want that or do you want people who have a brain and can use it to challenge the status quo to help the company grow and prosper?

Oct 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your thoughts. We’re glad you submitted a review and have had positive interactions with your fellow employees.

Regarding the company’s direction, we aim to share this information... More

"Displeasant, frustrating and bad smelling"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Reading, PA

I worked at Brentwood Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, somewhat clean environment, half decent pay, helpful co workers, nice breakroom, clean bathrooms.

Cons

Bad smell of melting plastic, pedantically over driven employees, inflexible management.

Advice to Management

When emoyees are expected to run many machine at once, learn to delegate wisely and not push people harshly! Mandatory overtime is a farce intermingled with your no smoking on your property even in your vehicle policy!

6. "Another opinion.....maybe worth listening to"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brentwood is a great place to work. The work is challenging, I like my co-workers, we work hard but we have fun and I like being a part of committees for the community volunteer opportunities and for the committee to have fun events at work.

Cons

Some people just don't get it. Just because you are at Brentwood longer doesn't mean you are "entitled" to anymore than anyone else. We are all treated equal but some don't want it that way. They would rather whine about 24 days of PTO because they are jealous that newer employees get 24 days of PTO like them - sounds like jealousy to me. There are lots of great people working at Brentwood - at all locations and in all departments - and the whiners just make us look bad.

Advice to Management

Set your strategic plan and communicate it to all early. Use the tools that you have developed and rolled out. Hold people accountable and PLEASE get rid of the people that just won't engage in this great company.

"825"

Current Employee - Scared in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Scared in Reading, PA

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We get a pay check

Cons

Claims to be family oriented,but have the most screwed up hours. No time. For a life. Don't see manager s working OT.
    Point system made to fire for Heath reasons. Management is lost. 1% raise does not mean 100% work load increase without the tools.

Advice to Management

Your good help is leaving, wake up and stop stealing our vacation time.

"Count your blessings or move on."

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

24 pto days plus 11 paid holidays! They pay everyone for 7 weeks NOT to be at work. Everyone receives this from day 1.

Cons

No cons. My advice for anyone who doesn't like where they are currently working...find another job.

"Could be great!"

I have been working at Brentwood Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong family-owned business in Reading PA with owners would invest in the business instead of pulling money out. Even hourly employees do not lose jobs during times of slow business and all employees still receive 24 days of paid time off. New employees are bringing new ideas on how to move the business forward and reinvent itself.

Cons

Too many long term employees that try VERY HARD to protect their turf and disrespect others instead of moving business forward. Everyone in Reading including the operators sees it and everyone knows who cares and who doesn't. We are tired of hearing the negativity and unwillingness to change from our managers and especially our directors.

Advice to Management

You taught us about the "no nos" so get rid of the dead wood and disengaged employees before they damage the business. We want to change to move this business forward!

"No clue"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Pros

People are huge assets and a pleasure to work with. Free coffee and water.

Cons

Great employees have left or will be leaving. HR has clearly stated, if you don't like it, leave, so they are. If you stay more than 2 years, you will be considered dead wood. Experience is walking, which hurts the company significantly. Extreme drug testing is very invasive and pto plan is only good for new employees, so don't stay more than a couple of years.

Advice to Management

Stop making people feel threatened, reduce the number of HR and marketing positions.