Cover image for BrickHouse Security

3.8
BrickHouse Security Founder and CEO Todd Morris
Todd Morris

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most people are generally nice.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good benefits.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work

Feb 16, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment for sales

Cons

business tied to heavily on one product type

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

They are only a business after all

Sep 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the employees are great to work with and at the same time most will actually work hard to better the business for not only the customers but for everyone around them as well. Products that are sold work as advertised for the most part.

Cons

You can invest your time and passion to the job but ultimately the top brass only thinks about money and not loyalty.

3. Join the BrickHouse Security team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, great management!

Nov 13, 2020 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding co-workers, data-driven decision-makers, &

Cons

Don't have any cons honestly

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Place, Hard Work, Room To Grow

Jan 3, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company invests in its good employees. If you're dedicated, driven, coachable and not full or drama, they'll do their best to invest into you. Generally, they care about having a healthy work environment, and do their best to remove people who are dramatic, volatile and otherwise ruffle feathers. The companies CEO is very hands on, and pays attention to his business and employees. Certainly an open door policy, as he likes it when people come to him with ideas and innovation. Decent benefits, reliable work, clean office environment, convenient location.

Cons

The company doesn't really bode well for the creative spirit. They're open to ideas, but within a narrow scope, and generally avoid having too abstract a person within their office. This whitewashed office, (not racially white washed) means it can be very soul sucking and lifeless. I don't really get the sense that anyone really wants to be here.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

"Interesting, Challenging and Rewarding"

Dec 15, 2015 - Warehouse & Facilities Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an environment where you are certainly able to put your skills to good use and your ideas are always listened to. It provides variety and I am always learning something new. My efforts are always recognized. Not only do I feel like I am a part of a great "team" but I also feel like a part of a "family". We are ALL marching towards the same goal. I am constantly presented with new challenges which keeps me very interested and focused. My ideas are always welcomed and the feedback is never disappointing. This company is great at putting people in positions that maximize their strengths!

Cons

At times presented with projects last minute with little time to accomplish. This is part of the "challenge" . It can be overwhelming to anyone who has a hard time multi-tasking or handling a little pressure. I personally enjoy these types of situations but others may find it difficult to manage.

1 person found this review helpful

ceo

Thanks for the feedback! We are so proud of our Indy team, you guys and gals are amazing and we always look forward to visiting Indy!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An abundance of opportunity, challenges and satisfaction in a crowded, fast-paced environment.

Mar 7, 2014 - Product Development in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward-thinking executive team is quickly building a top-notch surveillance electronics company. CEO is motivated, business-savvy and sensitive to all employees needs and suggestions. Staff is dedicated and inspired to do their best. The products are technologically cutting-edge and fun use, test and develop. Opportunity for personal growth is limitless and management will recognize achievements.

Cons

The office is simply too small and hampers work and speed. The office has a high background noise and makes concentration and office phoning difficult. There is no human resources department which makes personnel matters difficult. Company location makes commuting awful, and expensive, for everyone. The stock room is a closet and there's no place to put samples.

2 people found this review helpful

ceo

Thanks for the feedback. You are 100% correct, our current office is not even close to what we want for our headquarters. The good news is our 10 year lease ends Feb of 2017 we are moving to a MUCH nicer modern office designed perfectly for our business. In fact, every employee will have a window view from our new penthouse office overlooking bryant park. Many desks will also have a skylight above for even more natural light.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

I watched it grow from a start-up, up to becoming a successful small/medium sized company.

Jan 2, 2014 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Comfortable work environment. Management for the most part listens to constructive criticism, opinions, and grievances are dealt with in a timely manner. Great metrics system. Very transparent about performance. Commission was very fair, if you performed, you got paid. And by performed here I mean bringing in the sales. Closers.

Cons

My only issue was salary. Getting paid what you felt you deserved was a chore. Lot of promises, etc.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

"Great overall Experience I enjoy my job"

Oct 2, 2018 - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I find there are many positives working for BrickHouse, the company is very patient and committed to building a great culture. Having a flexible work environment and shared values amongst our team as well as being able to occasionally work remotely is a Plus++. I have had the opportunity to travel with some awesome perks. It's a Great office location. Management encourages you to step out of your realm to further your knowledge and experience especially to be multi-skilled, you learn more you grow more!

Cons

All companies have there are high and lows, this totally brings morale down. Not everyone is equipped to adjust to change. Clear communication with fair ground allows all the dots to connect so there can be results. It's easy to get lost in the sauce if you do not apply yourself.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

gps specialist

Jan 9, 2017 - Gps Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

a very tight knit company with great opportunities to move up . You get very good pay for the work you do. spectacular medical benefits and a 401k are available to you as well. you are lead by very knowledgeable supervisors who will never hesitate to answer a question or help with a task. Hard work does not go unnoticed, a good eye for detail and organization can lead you to advancement in this company . the hours are great, you have a set schedule (Monday - Friday) and don't have to work on the weekends unless it is absolutely necessary. there is also a lot of fun company dinners ,bowling etc.

Cons

There is no cons to this job ,

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Brickhouse Security was a great learning experience.

Dec 10, 2013 - Product Management in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to learn about E-commerce and overseas trading. Lax on dress code. but dress to impress or look like everyone else. Functions like a start up. Can be disorganized but creates opportunities for individuals to make improvements and impact.

Cons

CEO controls everything. Sometimes hard to get ideas out. But understandable. He has no time to waste and just wants to do the right thing for the company. Employees are mixed up between work and play. Can't get serious when they need to be.

ceo

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to do a better job of getting my ideas out more clearly. We do like to have fun at work and sometimes people need to remember work comes first. Thanks again for the feedback! -Todd

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews
</>Embed

BrickHouse Security Reviews FAQs

BrickHouse Security has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 41 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at BrickHouse Security to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BrickHouse Security employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BrickHouse Security. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

73% of BrickHouse Security employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BrickHouse Security 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BrickHouse Security to be career development, management, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation.