Brickman "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Brickman Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5
Brickman Chief Executive Officer  Andrew Masterman (no image)
Andrew Masterman
Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Brickman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always willing to train new and existing employees, Steady work, good benefits, great opportunities for both gaining experience and for advancement.

Cons

Long hours in the summer, very focused on hours and dollars, and long winter hours in the northern climates.

Brickman2015-11-17
  2. "Good"

I worked at Brickman full-time

Pros

Decent pay. Good benefits. Good hours

Cons

Upper management poor. New regime bad

Brickman2017-08-14

"Great company gone terrible"

Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Brickman

Pros

Good benefits and Good experience to move on

Cons

Terrible pay, and terrible management. Management has no problem at all promising their employees things they knowingly cannot deliver. Very cut throat and the only thing that matters is getting the most production out of each employee (at any level) for the least amount of money. The usual corporate bottom-line scenario. It's very clear the negative direction this company is heading and talent is leaving everywhere.... The value of the comany's quality of work has significantly changed and it's costing them. Brickman was a great company, Brightview is its fall.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees

Brickman2016-06-21

"Corp USA"

I worked at Brickman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Big company, Pretty Good Benefits, you can learn a thing or two if you can connect/relate with the right people

Cons

Too large, Too Corporate, lost a lot of good people, culture change is not based on what the founding family believes in. Huge disappointment

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people that actually know what they are talking about (i.e., have experience) and actually know what they are doing...they may be willing to help you one day when you really need it. Lastly, stop giving crap raises and meaningless excuses as to why people are not getting them. People are not as stupid as you think.

Brickman2014-09-02

"Very steady and hard working company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Brickman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits, steady work, knowledgeable, good growing opportunities, very recognize company in the market, a very large experience as a landscaping business.

Cons

low rate wages, luck of economic incentives different from the salary. The head quarters were not very good,at least in my branch,

Advice to Management

Involve the personal, more in the sales of the company, it may bring more economic growth to the company

Brickman2014-06-17

"Mediocrity is the strategy"

I worked at Brickman

Pros

Strong market branding, stable employment for management, reasonable treatment of staff members, good benefits, good customer base, good equipment,

Cons

Marketing inconsistent with what is delivered in field. Unsafe working environment for field crews, check the OSHA data. Not a drug free company. Hours for field can be cut with no notice to meet budget. Poor ethics. Projects often under bid on hours and materials. Lots of people hired have no industry knowledge. Do not pay for travel time to and from jobs in morning and afternoon.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk.

Brickman2013-02-20
  7. "Good company with good work-life balance"

Controller in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Brickman

Pros

Good benefits, the majority of the individuals in the company are very positive, and very happy working there. Good family atmosphere. Growing company, rapidly expanding into new areas and provides a good opportunity to expand your skills.

Cons

Some of the communication could have been handled better. Compensation is somewhat on the low-end compared with other companies in the same geographic area.

Advice to Management

Better communication would help.

Brickman2008-09-02
  8. "Do your best, and little to no questions will be asked"

I have been working at Brickman

Pros

Good benefits, job security, opportunity.

Cons

A lot of pressure, lack of communication

Brickman2012-07-02

"Practice what you preach"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Brickman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, stable pay, tons of training and educational opportunities. Brickman has many resources and purchasing power.

Cons

Double talk is the standard. "We need to focus on making our client's happy and job quality!" An hour later, "We are going to give you guys 30 hours to work this week to accomplish 65 hours of work...make it happen!" The management at Brickman constantly talks about efficiency, bottom line, communication and building customer loyalty, yet all of our meetings seem to be about how we can cut this or that to hit... budget for the month. It's ok to demand MORE MORE MORE, but there is no incentives for anyone when they hit their goal. Profit sharing keeps going down each year. We never have clear directions from middle and upper management. Clear, concise leaders are a thing of the past here. More and more "lifers" are leaving the company for other opportunities b/c they can't move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at the branch managers and regional managers. The message from corporate is not the reality in the branches. I think Brickman has lost touch with its core values, but will deny this to the death and share ONE recent success story of over 5,000 employees to show they still care. I've worked at Brickman for over 3 years and have never seen anyone in upper management even visit a branch in my... entire region! GET OUT THE OFFICE! TALK TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND STOP MANAGING FROM A SPREADSHEET!

Brickman2012-05-23

"It's a job"

I have been working at Brickman

Pros

Good Benefits are about all that i can think of positive.

Cons

I never thought after 20 years in the work place I would ever feel like I work for the weekend but that's what has become of this job.

Advice to Management

Look inward for the leadership skills that are missing.

Brickman2011-09-20