Brident Dental & Orthodontics Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 13, 2018

2.1
Dan Crowley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with brident dental for over 10 years. The company is great to work for. They offer great benefits, discounts to employees, Training, experience and growth. Operation hours are flexible. Company acknowledges major holidays and sundays.

I've been with this company because I enjoy working with patients, seeing patients smile again is beautiful. I love the relationships I gain with bot patients and staff.

I started as a receptionist and did not know anything about dentistry. My leaders were awesome and trained me. Not all, but My fellow coworkers were nice, thoughtful, patient with me when I started. Drs I've worked for are very fun, helpful and patient. Not all but most.

I've witnessed so many changes and upgrades to Brident Dental system to make it easier for both staff and patients.

Cons

Nothing about Brident itself. Who hasn't had a bad day or have worked with people they dont connect with. Doesnt make the company bad.

I've experienced this multiple times. But I've learned over years no matter where you work there will ALWAYS be someone or something you dont like about your job or other staff. You pick and choose your battles. You overcome your obstacles.

As a lead, I believe it is hard to find the right people to put in effort and learn from mistakes. Most importantly, finding a team who can give customer service. When people take things personal and has a self entitlement on there back it keeps them from growing and looking at the bigger picture. Those are ones that are not successful...not with just brident but in anything they put forth.

It's sad to see the bad reviews but I wouldn't let the negativity dictate your decision. Dentistry is not for everyone. But anywhere you go I guarantee you customer service, great attitude, empathy, friendly and positivity; just to name a few, will be required.

2. "Good for experience. That's it"

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

You will learn a lot.

Cons

You will work your butt off with no appreciation.

Advice to Management

Change management. Care about patients and employees

3. "Work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

Majority of the staff was nice and welcoming.

Cons

One of the dentist was not open to new dental assistants and made it very clear that she did not want to work with anyone else besides her one assistant and when her assistant was not there, whoever she worked with, she would complain about every little thing she did not like. It would create an uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Management

That dentist should be more welcoming and open to other dental assistants to help her.

4. "carrollton location"

Current Employee - PCC in Carr, TX
    Current Employee - PCC in Carr, TX

Pros

co-workers are nice, that's about it for Pros.

Cons

Where to start, for one the people in power are very disrespectful to most people working under them. No proper training. Very low raises. Probably one of the most unorganized companies I've ever worked for hands down, its no wonder 80% of the patients who come here leave upset. Do not work here unless you are ready to have all your hopes and dreams sucked out of you.

Advice to Management

For one, train new people. How can we as employees fulfill our job descriptions if we are not familiar with how to execute procedures. Be nice, it costs nothing.

5. "Do better be better make more money"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus opportunities are obtainable and endless with hard work.

Cons

At this mid management level there is little to no growth opportunity. At this level the only option is to stay in a stagnant role or move on, leaving years of work behind.

Advice to Management

Good employees want to grow, give them the chance.

6. "If I had to do it again, I wouldn't!!!!"

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many good things to say about this company

Cons

Very very stressful work conditions

Advice to Management

Treat the patient like you would want to be treated

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent but that's about all.

Cons

Management does NOT care about their employees or patients. It's all about the money and they push unnecessary products or treatments on their patients. If employees do not comply with selected emphasis of the month, you are automatically deemed underperforming and corrective action is enforced. They also offer "incentives" but will outline a difficult to meet criteria making it almost impossible to bonus on anything This is the absolutely the worst place to work.

Advice to Management

This company comes off as greedy and money hungry. Provide real appreciation for your employees.

"Poorly Run Company. Inept upper management. CORPORATE ROBOT."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will leave you alone unless your office needs supplies or want time off, then they start finding reasons to complain about you or threaten to write you up. Managers openly talk about production and signing patients to large contracts for services that may be unnecessary. They will blame you for any little thing and everything because they get dumped on by California management. We assistants and doctors are at the receiving end.

Cons

Typical day: Overworked and understaffed. No supplies unless it is a specialty day where not enough assistants are present, push all doctors to see lots of exams quickly, sell product product product, tie patients to high financial contracts by pushing and standing over patients. Sometimes managers push doctors for treatment that doctors dont feel comfortable doing or dont agree with. When there is a problem and the doctor speaks up, management who created the problem by understaffing and undersupplying turn around and just yell at us without improving situation. This behavior leads the doctors to be frustrated and take it out on us. Its all about $$$.

Advice to Management

We are all people, including patients and staff members. Golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated. Stop looking at things as dollar signs. You want us to work hard justs as much as we want to work hard for you, but give us what we need to make the office successful. More visits by upper management (California) to the local offices to view the company. UNDERCOVER BOSS PLEASE!!!

"Patient Care Coordinator"

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

Staff was amazing, I loved my old office manager. Bonuses, patients

Cons

District manager will bully employees

"TAKE THE EXPERIENCE AND RUN!"

I worked at Brident Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was good when I started. Gained a lot of experienced.

Cons

Want to do good? Kiss some behind and you will be taken care of. Patient care is the last of their concerns is all about sales. Doesnt matter how much the doctor produces if you dont sell an overpriced toothbrush kit you are no good! always looking for someone else to blame. Management running Texas is a JOKE!! It was great a whileeee back after upper management changed and it all went downhill. Feel sorry for their current employees and patients.

Advice to Management

Review the real reason why employees are leaving which I can assure you the reason is who is running Texas. Bringing it back to basics and be concerned about the patient care and not sales. Take care of the patients money will follow.