BridgeView IT Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I could not ask for a better company to work for!"

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at BridgeView for over 7 years, and I love my job! The management team is down to earth, and our work environment is very comfortable. I am a self-driven individual, and love that I control what I'm doing and when. It is a very low stress place, and I enjoy coming to work every day! Our team is like a family; there isn't any workplace drama! BridgeView has allowed me to continue to grow in my field, and be involved in several aspects of the company. I feel very blessed to have found such a wonderful place to work. Truly.

Cons

BridgeView is a small company, therefore it's impossible to blend into your surroundings like you might at a large corporation. Every team member is held accountable for their job responsibilities, and if you're not meeting those then it shows. However, management is very supportive and does everything possible to help everyone succeed. It's a great fit for some, but might not be the best fit for others.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "BridgeView IT Invests in its Employees"

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked with BridgeView IT for more than 7 years and have known one of the Managing Partners for more than 15 years, and I can tell you that BridgeView IT invests in its employees with top notch training and mentoring. Streamlined processes and commitment to the success of its employees and the company are only a couple of the reasons why BridgeView IT is a great place to work. If you work hard, then you can play hard while keeping your personal life/work life balance.

Cons

BridgeView IT management provides strong mentorship and coaching, but intentionally hires self-driven individuals. If you are looking for constant management and direction, then this might not be a good fit.

3. "The fake reviews are so easy to spot"

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

At the very least, the managing partners have realized that they can't slow attrition if they don't provide some day to day benefits. Unfortunately, beer in the fridge and a cool wooden wall does not equal better health insurance or competitive PTO.

Cons

Narcissist is as narcissist does. You should be better than having the same tired employees post the same fake 5 star reviews. BVI has some lifelong dedicated employees and they churn through the rest. Band aid solutions will not fix the heart of the this company's problem - poor leadership with the wrong priorities.

4. "Highly recommended!"

Former Employee - Business Development in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Development in Denver, CO

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BridgeView IT is a fantastic company to work for. I’ve been in the industry for over 7 years now and feel very fortunate to have had an opportunity to be a part of such a solid team. Amazing culture, incredible management style, high energy atmosphere, fun and motivating work environment, very efficient and supportive team. Flexibility of work hours and work/life balance. Highly recommended!

Cons

None that I can think of.

5. "You're more than a number at BVI- Great Company, People & Perks"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

I've worked at Bridgeview IT for several years, enough time to really see and feel how this company has changed with the times and for the better. It's crazy- we haven’t had a single person leave in the last year and a half --that’s almost unheard of in the staffing industry. And let me be clear-I am not the type of person who is easily pleased or settles. I really like it here-- the management is well-respected in town, they see employees as more than just a number, they value work/life balance, and there is great opportunity to make a lot of money.

Over the past year and a half, a real effort has been made by management to align BVI with some of the hippest clients in Denver. Given the nature of our job, everyone is aware of what ‘cool companies’ in town are offering, so I’m happy to say that BVI has recognized more outside-of-the-box employee perks as something important.

Just in the past year or so, several things have been done to make us feel valued: We NEVER work a full day on Friday (2 pm in the summer and 4 pm otherwise), our fridge is full of beer/wine, we have at least one fun team outing to look forward to every quarter, shuffleboard tournaments/occasional golf practice in the office, our office space was recently redesigned, and our Karma/outreach program has really taken flight...giving back to the community is highly encouraged and a frequent team activity. I would also add that management is very open-minded about the occasional remote day and don’t question employees when they are running late or need to take a long lunch. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this outlook. Maybe it's because most of us are pretty senior over here/been here for a while, but trust is paramount to happiness, and no one is walking on eggshells in our office.

Cons

Not so much on cons, but I do have a few suggestions:
    Consider adding sick days to PTO policy.
    Remote work arrangement around the holidays would be well-received.
    Medical benefits are solid for employees, but would love better options for the family.

Advice to Management

Great job. I'm proud to work for a company that truly values their people and business interactions. Also, thanks for keeping it lighthearted and fun!

"Management posing as employees on Glassdoor"

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

They have nice Christmas parties

Cons

When they are courting you, they know how to pour it on like a highly polished used car salesman. Do your homework before considering a position here. A simple linked in search for former employees paints a more accurate picture of how many recruiters and account executives they have burned through.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews. You guys can do better then that!

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Clark, NJ

Pros

BridgeView IT gives an individual a lot of potential for growth. Small friendly environment.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons.

"Never disagree or ask questions"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters are friendly and very easy to talk to. Compared to other staffing agencies they're the best at providing detailed and lengthy descriptions of jobs. They really make it seem like they know the companies you'll be working with. They didn't argue with me about my salary requirement.

Cons

Recruiters and other administrative staff may have more than one full name. The recruiter I worked with used a different name for: telephone conversations, leaving voicemails, email correspondence, and they even had a different name when calling from a different phone number. The same recruiter may have 4-5 phone numbers from all over the country. I wasn't allowed to disagree about something in the job description or ask more than 1 question about the tech being used by a company because the recruiter would conclude I wasn't qualified for that job. The most frustrating part of working with them was they demanded I send them 2-3 confirmation emails. Sometimes I was forced to confirm the confirmation email of an earlier confirmation email. I always had to confirm scheduled phone calls twice with the recruiter. I never received any feedback from interviews by clients as promised by recruiters. I was always told the same thing that they haven't spoke to client yet, but they'll let me know later.

Advice to Management

Recruiters should only be allowed to have one full legal name and one phone number!

BridgeView IT Response

Jun 14, 2016 – Managing Partner

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to address this matter as well as answer any questions that you may have. I am a Managing Partner at BridgeView and... More

9. "Different from the rest"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As is common in staffing I have worked for a couple different companies over the years. Some of these were your larger big name shops before ending up at Bridgeview. Unlike many of the bigger companies, Bridgeview is not a metrics driven organization . Management here understands that making phone calls just to make phone calls does not put money in anyone's pocket. While activity does generate results, smart activity is what is promoted here. Bridgeview promotes an environment that allows you to run your desk and work in the way that is best for you. As long as you are producing results, your work style is up to you. For seasoned recruiters results here are easy to produce because of Bridgeviews respect in the industry, and long standing relationships. Unlike most staffing companies, employees here are in it for the long haul and do not often leave. They bring in smart experienced professionals as apposed to burning through and mistreating a bunch of recent college grads and moving on to the next. Candidates often enjoy working with us over other companies because of the vast knowledge and passion this team brings. We see candidates as partners we would like to build long term relationships with not dollar signs.

Cons

It is still staffing so like everywhere you are working with the most unpredictable commodity. Anyone in staffing knows its a roller coaster but more climbs than drops here

10. "Positive environment to learn and grow professionally"

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

I started with BridgeviewIT almost a year ago having come from a big shop and couldn’t be more thrilled with the move. BVI is everything you want it to be, the sales team has cultivated amazing relationships with hiring managers at desirable companies. Hiring managers are responsive and feedback is consistent which helps to maintain strong relationships with candidates for repeat business. The base is competitive, the commission structure is strong and the benefits are great. We are encouraged to manage our own time and take pride in delivering qualified candidates to our clients. BVI strives to provide an open and positive environment to learn and grow professionally. We have a very strong team here and I see the potential for long term success!

Cons

Anything you would notice at a small shop..

Advice to Management

Skills training's are great and keep bringing in the latest and greatest tech to keep us cutting-edge!