BridgeView IT Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "You're more than a number at BVI- Great Company, People & Perks"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

I've worked at Bridgeview IT for several years, enough time to really see and feel how this company has changed with the times and for the better. It's crazy- we haven’t had a single person leave in the last year and a half --that’s almost unheard of in the staffing industry. And let me be clear-I am not the type of person who is easily pleased or settles. I really like it here-- the management is well-respected in town, they see employees as more than just a number, they value work/life balance, and there is great opportunity to make a lot of money.

Over the past year and a half, a real effort has been made by management to align BVI with some of the hippest clients in Denver. Given the nature of our job, everyone is aware of what ‘cool companies’ in town are offering, so I’m happy to say that BVI has recognized more outside-of-the-box employee perks as something important.

Just in the past year or so, several things have been done to make us feel valued: We NEVER work a full day on Friday (2 pm in the summer and 4 pm otherwise), our fridge is full of beer/wine, we have at least one fun team outing to look forward to every quarter, shuffleboard tournaments/occasional golf practice in the office, our office space was recently redesigned, and our Karma/outreach program has really taken flight...giving back to the community is highly encouraged and a frequent team activity. I would also add that management is very open-minded about the occasional remote day and don’t question employees when they are running late or need to take a long lunch. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this outlook. Maybe it's because most of us are pretty senior over here/been here for a while, but trust is paramount to happiness, and no one is walking on eggshells in our office.

Cons

Not so much on cons, but I do have a few suggestions:
    Consider adding sick days to PTO policy.
    Remote work arrangement around the holidays would be well-received.
    Medical benefits are solid for employees, but would love better options for the family.

Advice to Management

Great job. I'm proud to work for a company that truly values their people and business interactions. Also, thanks for keeping it lighthearted and fun!

2. "Management posing as employees on Glassdoor"

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

They have nice Christmas parties

Cons

When they are courting you, they know how to pour it on like a highly polished used car salesman. Do your homework before considering a position here. A simple linked in search for former employees paints a more accurate picture of how many recruiters and account executives they have burned through.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews. You guys can do better then that!

3. "Great"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Clark, NJ

Pros

BridgeView IT gives an individual a lot of potential for growth. Small friendly environment.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons.

"Never disagree or ask questions"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters are friendly and very easy to talk to. Compared to other staffing agencies they're the best at providing detailed and lengthy descriptions of jobs. They really make it seem like they know the companies you'll be working with. They didn't argue with me about my salary requirement.

Cons

Recruiters and other administrative staff may have more than one full name. The recruiter I worked with used a different name for: telephone conversations, leaving voicemails, email correspondence, and they even had a different name when calling from a different phone number. The same recruiter may have 4-5 phone numbers from all over the country. I wasn't allowed to disagree about something in the job description or ask more than 1 question about the tech being used by a company because the recruiter would conclude I wasn't qualified for that job. The most frustrating part of working with them was they demanded I send them 2-3 confirmation emails. Sometimes I was forced to confirm the confirmation email of an earlier confirmation email. I always had to confirm scheduled phone calls twice with the recruiter. I never received any feedback from interviews by clients as promised by recruiters. I was always told the same thing that they haven't spoke to client yet, but they'll let me know later.

Advice to Management

Recruiters should only be allowed to have one full legal name and one phone number!

BridgeView IT Response

Jun 14, 2016 – Managing Partner

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to address this matter as well as answer any questions that you may have. I am a Managing Partner at BridgeView and ... More

6. "Different from the rest"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As is common in staffing I have worked for a couple different companies over the years. Some of these were your larger big name shops before ending up at Bridgeview. Unlike many of the bigger companies, Bridgeview is not a metrics driven organization . Management here understands that making phone calls just to make phone calls does not put money in anyone's pocket. While activity does generate results, smart activity is what is promoted here. Bridgeview promotes an environment that allows you to run your desk and work in the way that is best for you. As long as you are producing results, your work style is up to you. For seasoned recruiters results here are easy to produce because of Bridgeviews respect in the industry, and long standing relationships. Unlike most staffing companies, employees here are in it for the long haul and do not often leave. They bring in smart experienced professionals as apposed to burning through and mistreating a bunch of recent college grads and moving on to the next. Candidates often enjoy working with us over other companies because of the vast knowledge and passion this team brings. We see candidates as partners we would like to build long term relationships with not dollar signs.

Cons

It is still staffing so like everywhere you are working with the most unpredictable commodity. Anyone in staffing knows its a roller coaster but more climbs than drops here

7. "Positive environment to learn and grow professionally"

I have been working at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

I started with BridgeviewIT almost a year ago having come from a big shop and couldn’t be more thrilled with the move. BVI is everything you want it to be, the sales team has cultivated amazing relationships with hiring managers at desirable companies. Hiring managers are responsive and feedback is consistent which helps to maintain strong relationships with candidates for repeat business. The base is competitive, the commission structure is strong and the benefits are great. We are encouraged to manage our own time and take pride in delivering qualified candidates to our clients. BVI strives to provide an open and positive environment to learn and grow professionally. We have a very strong team here and I see the potential for long term success!

Cons

Anything you would notice at a small shop..

Advice to Management

Skills training's are great and keep bringing in the latest and greatest tech to keep us cutting-edge!

"Place to learn and advance / Amazing customer relationships"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I recently noticed a couple of negative reviews about BridgeView (BVI) on Glassdoor and feel compelled to share my experiences. I started with the company in an entry-level recruiting position and spent my last 2 1/2 years with the company in a sales role. It's my experience that very few companies invest the effort and training in their employees like BVI does, and I attribute my career growth and success to my work/experiences there.

Recruiting is an industry of managing people and relationships and understanding client and candidate needs. BVI has spent years developing trusted partnerships with companies and hiring managers, and management's involvement in this process is a huge contributing factor to the company and employee’s success. The comments from past employees about micromanagement are a result of some people’s inability to receive guidance well. If you don’t like leadership involvement or taking direction from a manager, then perhaps BVI isn’t the best fit for you. If you work well in a collaborative environment – then you should absolutely look at BridgeView.

Overall, my experience at BVI was positive. It was a great place to grow professionally, and I miss the team and customers.

Cons

I guess if I had to say something, it would just be the same things you'd run into working for any smaller organization.

Advice to Management

I'm thankful for the learning opportunities. Keep up the technical training - I think that's truly valuable.

"Wolves in Sheep's Clothing"

I worked at BridgeView IT full-time

Pros

You have the potential to make good money, if you are great at what you do and highly motivated. Base salaries are below market but commission is good if you're hustling. It's a very clock-in clock-out kind of culture - you'll rarely see anyone at their desk after 5:30. But would you really want to work with a small organization that has such polarized opinions around it and its management practices?

Cons

BridgeView IT is un-progressive and has a sterile office environment with little amenities beyond a coffee machine, fridge and water cooler. Management wants an innovative, high end team but puts superficial effort towards retaining high quality employees. In fact, the smart employees are the ones who decide to leave. Mediocrity thrives at BridgeView IT.

If that was all, BVI would be just "ok". The real problem at BridgeView IT lies in its Managing Partners and their immediate cohorts. One of the most textbook cases of covert aggression I've ever seen. They tote phrases like "Life's too short" and "Take the high road", but their true motivation lies in boosting their egos and monetary gain.

Whenever you encounter an organization that has verbal and/or written policies that require employees to keep their salary information confidential amongst themselves, this should raise a major flag. There are large discrepancies between employees' base salaries for doing the same job. If you're thinking of signing on, be sure to negotiate wisely because there is no system set in place for growth, and raises are hard to come by.

Depending on which side of the business you are hired on for (Account Management or Recruiting), you'll either be aggressively micromanaged or so under-managed that support feels nonexistent. One manager requires you to send him emails for him to review before you are allowed to send them out to clients while the other may take days to respond to a simple request for a few minutes of help.

Perhaps the saddest part about BridgeView IT is the overall disrespect the Managing Partners display for their current and past employees. Be careful with what they know about your personal life because your dirty laundry may very well be hung out for the whole office to see, even after you've left. The Managing Partners' egregious lack of respect for the privacy of their current and past employees would shock an outsider.

Advice to Management

As you love to say, "Denver is a small town".

"Great example of a bad Company – please use caution when applying"

Pros

If you like having someone looking over your shoulder, monitoring everything and anything you do and then claim to be hands off managers - apply now!

Cons

The principals preach from the beginning that they “try to be proactive in a reactive business” when in reality all they do is manipulate people to act the way they see fit. If you go against their direction, they will quickly show you the door. This company is a “life style” company please look-up this term if you are unfamiliar with it.

Despite the fact that many employees have no formal business training or background, many who work here are still overqualified for positions they are hired for. This place is a turnover machine. A willingness to be poorly paid seems to be all it takes to get a job here. This company is rotting from within.

There is no middle management, only micro-management from the two principals. The other said “managers” have inflated titles and fulfill no management duties. Rather, they are handed existing sales accounts (that they did little to no work to acquire) from the principals and told how to manage them. This can obviously pose frustrations for hardworking employees who do not benefit from the principals' nepotism.

Sadly there is no quick fix and I cannot envision a scenario in which things will get better.

"Micromanagement & extremely unprofessional environment"

Pros

downtown location, you can quit at any time -

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, unprofessional environment created by management, you basically clock in and clock out and need a reason to leave one minute before 5:30, no room for growth / career advancement, will never increase your pay, expectations to work nights and weekends

BridgeView IT Response

Aug 20, 2015 – Managing Partner

We are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience while you were here. We never hope that is the case with our employees, and our goal is to set people up for success in any way we can ... More