Bridgeline Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

Found 91 reviews

3.1
Ari Kahn
Pros
  • "However, poor management made it a stressful work environment with little incentive over the past few years(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of good people with sound technical background(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "What I can say is what many others do - the work/life balance has been historically difficult(in 7 reviews)

• "iApps isn't any better then modern open source systems(in 5 reviews)

"Things are looking up!"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bridgeline Digital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CEO is the perfect combination of technical expertise and enthusiastic relationship building. We are adding quality people like never before and the upgrade in talent is delivering positive results. Innovation is welcome and rewarded in all areas of the company.

Cons

No real cons, when we find something wrong, we fix it.

Bridgeline Digital2017-11-13

"Can't stop sliding down that hill"

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time

Pros

There were some genuinely nice and talented people who worked there, and they had some very large and impressive clients.

Cons

There were three big negatives that I noticed during my time at BL. First, towards the end of my tenure there, the they seemed unable to sell any custom engagements (high revenue sites that the company was built to sell, and that made working there worth while) , relying simply on their quick to market, low budget, templated sites (which required very little developer involvement or skill). Despite only selling a...

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in your company about what needs to change and change it immediately. Stop hiding the facts from your employees - they can see that your are bluffing. It does nothing to improve morale and only makes you seem less credible. Do something to show your people that you care and appreciate all the extra effort they are putting in in order to cover up the holes created by the people who left.

Bridgeline Digital2018-01-16

"Nice company to work with"

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time

Pros

Had a good product, good leadership and hard working staff

Cons

It is in a very competitive industry, so need to stay on top of the game.

Bridgeline Digital2017-10-06

"All the negatives of a start-up, no positives."

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time

Pros

Their web product is a good idea

Cons

Work-Life Balance was non-existent. Working hours were extended business hours plus many nights (10pm-2am) supporting and testing go-lives and updates. Management support was non-existent. Decision makers holding no accountability with clients. Resources promised being pulled routinely. Start-up mentality with little of the benefits Unhealthy workplace

Bridgeline Digital2017-11-06

"Great Working Environment"

Former Employee - Finance in Burlington, MA

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great Team -Leadership is very helpful -Executives are down to earth and great bosses -Smaller feel which provides greater opportunity to learn -Everyone is kind and welcoming -Nerf-gun battles were the best (fun corporate culture) -Your hard work is noticed and well-respected -Perfect for entry level employees looking to gain exposure -Great for long term employees to find a "work home", travel (if you want),...

Cons

-Not many today; mostly that it is a smaller company but I enjoyed that because it gave me many opportunities to learn and gain greater responsibility that I would never have had in a bigger company -It did go through a rough period due to poor management, but the new management team is wonderful and genuinely cares about their employees and customers. They are making sure the company is heading in the direction it should...

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and take the time to hire motivated people who care.

Bridgeline Digital2017-06-13

"Sliding downhill"

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time

Pros

There were some great people, but it never entirely jelled

Cons

Toxic atmosphere. The former CEO was an abusive bully who really didn't understand what clients needed.

Advice to Management

They finally got rid of the CEO, but it was too late. BL had a great chance to really shine in the web CMS market and could never quite make it.

Bridgeline Digital2017-03-31

"Great Co-Workers"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Burlington, MA

I worked at Bridgeline Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bridgeline has the amazing ability to hire the best of the best to work at their company - employees are hardworking, passionate and excellent mentors.

Cons

When I was working at Bridgeline there were many things left to be desired, the management lost sight of their employees a lot of the time, and the company hit a downward spiral for a while. I have heard that things have turned around & wish all current and future employees the best - the company has a great product and the employees are incredibly hard working.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team members.

Bridgeline Digital2017-04-01

"Great company with a lot of upside"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bridgeline Digital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Bridgeline has a strong product offering for digital engagement and marketing automation. Developers are encouraged to stay current with .NET and surrounding web technologies which helps them build a solid technical profile.

Cons

At Bridgeline you are awarded by taking initiative and is not always a good fit for those without a technical mindset.

Bridgeline Digital2017-02-14

"Good place to work hard and succeed"

I have been working at Bridgeline Digital full-time

Pros

Bridgeline is a great place to work. A few things about you to be able to succeed: be autonomous learn the product ask questions hustle management has a clear vision of where to take the company

Cons

cons are pretty limited. pay is good. vacation policy is good. travel is good. people are good. culture is slightly lacking, but not bad. the work/life balance is good.

Advice to Management

management shifted recently this year, and everythign the new CEO has done has been for the best. keep it up.

Bridgeline Digital2016-09-15

"Exciting Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Bridgeline Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bridgeline is like working at a startup that has the resources of a mature company. We are innovating new products and expanding our customer base, but we are doing this based on a solid and mature foundation.

Cons

The company has offices in several cities so you are not always face to face with your colleagues.

Advice to Management

As we grow be careful to maintain the entrepreneurial culture.

Bridgeline Digital2016-02-24