Bridgepoint Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob S. Smith

"Flexibility, Opportunity and Growth"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bridgepoint is the best of all worlds. I see a very diverse group of clients and am able to lead projects as well as pitch in when my skill set can be utilized. Everyone works really well together on our team and the partners will support you in any way they can. There is a culture of personal responsibility and teamwork. Everyone has the opportunity to contribute to projects and management is open about company goals and challenges.

Bridgepoint has an ever-expanding list of customers and has great relationships throughout Austin and the state of Texas. The company is well respected by a lot of high profile names and this opens doors to new projects.

Cons

Client expectations--This is consulting, so usually and gaps in expectations can resolved through clear communication. It's just part of the job and just something that has to be managed. The partners are serious about helping the consultants to manage the clients expecations where needed to make sure the consultants are treated well by the clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the employee needs as a high priority and they will continue to do great work for the clients.

2. "Excellence on top of excellence"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture! This company truly has an extremely collaborative and supportive environment from the tip top to the bottom. It sounds cliche, but it really does feel like one big family. Bridgepoint does an amazing job of instilling hard work and maintaining a fun environment for their employees. Also, the flexibility/work-life balance is great and the pay is competitive and fair.

Cons

Honestly, nothing really comes to mind... I genuinely love working here!

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on!

"Weak and unethical leadership"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Great and talented employees. Strong but quickly waning influence in Austin

Cons

Bridgepoint leadership made a few wrong decisions and had to exit a few markets like FinOps in Houston.
     1) A caveat for all potential employees looking for a job here. Keep a check on your timesheets. Managers and directors often fudge timesheets to cut down your hours. One of their policies is that if you are not billing for 1 month straight they will cut you loose. Don't matter if you are a full time or a contract.
    2) No Training : The only training they have held has been MS Excel 101 and some sales training
    3) Politics and Bureaucracy abound: Every manager and principal has their favorites. If you are not one of them your life ain't worth it and you are bleeding money from the company.
    4) employee iteration is more than 45% for 2016

Advice to Management

You need to be good with employees and nurture loyalty or else you will have no employees and no business.

5. "Great firm"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Smart people, great management, interesting and challenging projects, competitive pay, and great communication across the organization.

Cons

Have not experienced any so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Company Culture, Management, Staff, Processes, and all around.

Cons

None that I've found yet.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you've been doing.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable team, collaborative work environment

Cons

Consulting typically includes some required flexibility depending on assignments available. It's a growing company and their are some growing pains with communication and standardization of processes but these will improve in time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Great place to work !!!"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at BPC as a consultant and was extremely pleased with my experience. I felt truly cared for and valued as an employee by the principals and directors, and I greatly enjoyed my time there. The work that I performed was interesting and challenging, and the clients are great. I inquired during my interview whether BPC turns work away for any reason, and the answer was a resounding YES. BPC management will not tolerate their people being mistreated, which I believe speaks volumes as to their integrity. I highly recommend BPC as an employer.

Cons

I have none to list about BPC as a company. The only reason I left BPC is because in the end, I realized that consulting is not for me - I prefer a more permanent "home" with the company that I work for, not movement from client to client to client. Also, as a consultant, it is harder to maintain work/life balance, as you are at the mercy of the client's needs and timelines (within reason) and may need to work significant overtime when needed. On the plus side with that is BPC will compensate you in the form of a quarterly bonus for the additional hours worked.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first, keep doing what you're doing!

"Awesome company!!!!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If considered a variable rate consultant, the client and hours you work is defined by you; which is a real plus for work/ life balance. Even though you are a consultant, they do their best to make you feel part of a team with a huge network of support for those tough scenarios to resolve. Annual holiday party, client/ consultant dinner, fun consultant events to bring everyone together, benefits, and quarterly bonuses for those over achievers.

Cons

Nine times out of ten, you are on an assignment twice as long as expected. So when you commit, you commit. If considered a salaried consultant, there's not a lot of opportunity to work with multiple clients as pitched during the initial interview (hourly consultant is the way to go for flexibility). As with all companies faced with growth, they are sometimes making too much of a change giving the company more of a temporary placement feel rather than a consulting firm.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and with it comes change, but some changes can hurt the company rather than benefit it. Love the old day idea of working with multiple clients. The one company assignment at a time is giving the feel of a temp service and steering away from consulting. Keep working towards bringing the consultants together at least once a quarterly bases for an activity, even if it is a small office event.

"Awesome Place to Work In Houston! Great Leadership!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with Bridgepoint in Houston about 8 months ago, and I can honestly say this is the best job I've ever had! The work is very challenging, because the Bridgepoint brand isn't quite as recognizable in Houston as it is in Austin, but that's totally fine. It will only be a matter of time before this office fully ramps up to its potential. I'm so excited about working with such an awesome leadership team and being a part of the group who will drive our brand forward in the greater Houston area. A++++ Place to Work!!

Cons

There aren't any cons worth mentioning...

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the culture of excitement and accountability.

"Outstanding Company to work for! A+++++ Team!"

Current Employee - Senior ERP Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior ERP Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bridgepoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Management Support is excellent
    * Professional Development is supported
    * Positive Company Culture is fantastic
    * Trust and Respect with my career future
    * Variety of Assignments to increase skill set

Cons

I have none. I have been with BPC for 2 years now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Thank you for all you do for BPC! Super happy to be here!