Bridgepoint Education Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew S. Clark
Andrew S. Clark
Pros
Cons
  • "What upper management doesn't realize is that advisors aren't happy with the direction of the company(in 14 reviews)

• "A small percentage of colleagues should be let go based on how they are not team players and throw people under the bus(in 8 reviews)

1. Large investments in the future! People, Technology, & Facilities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Concerted and deliberate effort to invest time and money in people development. Annual reviews conducted timely. Opportunities to grow and develop. Recently implemented Workday. Plans to upgrade additional systems within org. Brand new facility being ereted in Arizona to keep up with hiring. New roles being added everyday Excitment about becoming a tech company servicing more than just Ashford.

Cons

About to grow pretty fast and it's kinda like a start-up - it's a scrappy environment

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate change as we move to become an Educational Technology Services provider or EdTech. Very excited!!!

2. Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Enrollment in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mission of the company - Helping students - Coworkers and staff - Leadership -Perks- Game rooms-Gym- Cafeteria - Fast paced

Cons

- Change is pretty constant which is nice but can interrupt daily work - Some staff may not be here to help students but just doing it as a job-wish everyone was on the same page

Advice to Management

- Keep up the communication on the direction of the company because the future seems exciting

3. Gained a lot of experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You will learn a lot about the industry, and about sales that are pretty transferable to most jobs. There are great people that you work with, and a lot of resources to improve in your role compared to other jobs that I have had. There is an emphasis on creating your own opportunities, which I can agree with. They continue to add good benefits each year - like a vacation cash out. The best benefit is that I got to...

Cons

You are going to have to work hard. I do not know if this is a con, but it is not a job you can show up and coast through. You get out what you put in. People with bad attitudes make it hard for others to engage.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people who care about being there.

4. Student recruiter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Team camaraderie and nice cafeteria

Cons

Smile and dial type of sales. Too much calling off of worn out lead lists everyone else has hot 100 times before. Regurgitation of cookie cutter degree plans. Lack of transparency as to true relationship with Ashford University in IA (its a small rural college Bridgepoint hung its shingle on)

Advice to Management

None as it won't be heeded.

5. Great Company!

Current Employee - Academic Advisor III in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Awesome culture and very friendly and helpful people

Cons

It gets very busy from time to time

January 22, 2019VP, Talent, HR Ops, & Total Rewards

Thank you for your feedback, and service to our students. If there are any specific ideas you may have to make us better, please let me know. philip.dana@bpiedu.com

"Get Out"

Current Employee - Enrollment Services Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free tuition with back drop of pay cash if you are failed in the course.

Cons

Unsafe work conditions and sexual harassment tolerated.

Advice to Management

This has been one of the most unsafe and prejudice places I have ever worked in all my life. There are hardly any minorities in positions of lower and upper management. Aggressive and psychologically unstable managers are allowed to torment subordinates and if you speak up, you become an organizational target. It is encouraged to drink the Kool-aid, shut your mouth and tolerate abuse and unsafe working conditions, if...

Education versus profits

Former Employee - Various in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great curriculum and wonderful faculty

Cons

Staff didn't benefit from profits

Advice to Management

Share the wealth

Good for between jobs

Current Employee - Enrollment Services Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

They pay a competitive salary even if you have only basic sales skills...but you're not a salesperson, ha!

Cons

The work is monotonous, and directly leads to masses more people having student loan debt they'll never pay off because they rarely graduate (although that is on the student, not the school)

Advice to Management

The type of students this school attracts only start school to take excess financial aid and run after the first or second class. Go after better students! Put a barrier to entry more than a GED, like an SAT score, or a GPA from prior education.

Bad culture

Current Employee - Enrollment Services Advisor

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Terrible leadership from the higher ups - CEO on down. Everything is constantly changing.

January 22, 2019VP, Talent, HR Ops, & Total Rewards

Thank you for your service to our students. We just wrapped up our Great Place to Work engage survey and are continuing to trend in an upward direction. Our students, through the NPS, are stating the same. As a passionate owner, if you have specific feedback to help make us better, ...

• Enrollment Services Advisor

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture/work environment. Growing company, with opportunities to move up. Getting to help new students in their pursuit of a higher education.

Cons

Recruiters were not entirely honest of what the job is like. Occasional weekend work and later shifts.

January 22, 2019VP, Talent, HR Ops, & Total Rewards

Thank you for your feedback and service to our students. I'll address the recruiting team, on how to paint a more accurate picture of the important role of an ESA. If you have other specific items to help make us better, please let me know. philip.dana@bpiedu.com

Found 355 reviews