Bridgepoint Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Bridgepoint Education CEO and Director Andrew S. Clark
Andrew S. Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The CEO really cares but is isolated from the reality of being on the front lines and only informed by people who are in upper management (in 12 reviews)

• It always seems to be a cost savings method and as time goes on great people are let go and those who stay, most are always looking to leave (in 6 reviews)

1. "Keeps Getting Better"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Amazing team environment with amazing people.
    Already had wonderful benefits and new Total Reward Program even better.
    Leadership is visible and open to feedback
    For someone passionate about education, nothing beats helping students earn a degree

Cons

Like all for profit institutions, the company will continue to face regulatory challenges that need to be worked through.

"ESA"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Free coffee, toaster, honey, salt and pepper

Cons

It can be boring at times

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working towards a better work/life balance strategy
    Great Benefits
    Gym on site
    Cafeteria on site
    Professional Development Training Opportunities
    Relax Friday wear

Cons

Parking structure can cause morning delays
    Smoking area too close to the structure

"For those thirsty for a sense of purpose in the work they do..."

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Bridgepoint Education is the parent company for Ashford University and University of the Rockies. They strive to provide higher education to anyone who is willing to do the work to achieve this. They strive to make sure that cost, location, and schedule are not barriers that get in the way of a student's ability to succeed. The mission is to impact students lives in a profound way; one that reverberates positively throughout that student's life and that of their families for years to come. What a wonderful mission! The employees of Bridgepoint Education are some of the most passionate people who rally around a cause that you just don't see at other companies. The compensation and benefits are good. The leadership team is excellent and getting better - there is a number of new senior leaders that are helping to improve company performance and further improve the work culture. It's primarily located in two great cities - San Diego and Denver. The work is fast paced, and very collaborative across departments. There is an increasing sense of "team" to get meaningful work done that benefits our students. It helps to get people and departments to prioritize correctly the work that gets done. The organization is pretty lean, which means that you have an opportunity to touch a lot of different areas of the business and influence positive change. This should appeal to those who don't want to be just another cog in a big corporate machine. I've worked here since 2008, and am more optimistic about this company's prospects today than I was on my first day! The future looks very bright, from my vantage point.

Cons

Our company has endured some excessive scrutiny from the media and political pressures in the past that make people hesitant. Smart people will, however, do a thorough amount of diligence, and likely learn that any negativity was highly overblown. We've had a fair amount of turnover in the past, both company and employee initiated, however the work force seems to be gelling much better as we do a better job of selecting great candidates that embrace the mission, and as we do a better job of planning for the current and future needs of the company's employment needs.

Advice to Management

Continue with your ever improving efforts to pull in lots of employee perspective on what works/doesn't work in the business. There are a LOT of talented people in this organization who are just as motivated to help create huge impact in the student's life that will, by default, improve company performance among our peers. I'm highly encouraged by what I see thus far, and look forward to more of the same.

"The People make this place Special and Unique"

Current Employee - New Vice President in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - New Vice President in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down, the culture here is special. Excellent benefits to include paid volunteer hours, donation matching, degrees/education, and a phenomenal campus. We have a lot of work ahead of us to get to Great Place to Work and prepare the company for future growth, but we know we have the people and the plan to do it. Excellent place to bring best practices to. There is an appetite for change and for implementing "best in class" processes to achieve the mission. Outstanding philosophy of internal mobility.

Cons

Lacking internal systems and metrics/information to execute. Manual processes abound, but new systems and resources are being reviewed. The building ergonomics is a bit-old school if you're coming from Tech, but it's a known item to be evaluated.

Advice to Management

Over communicate. Don't under-sell the culture and ingredients. As other companies fade away in SD, BPI/AU is a stand-out and worthy of attracting the very best talent to help us pivot and innovate.

"Enrollment Services Advisor"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Great learning opportunities, sales experience, cool people to work with, office in an awesome location, free education

Cons

A lot of cold calling, constant organizational change, not exactly what I thought I would be doing

Advice to Management

Be consistent

7. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BTS department is great to work for. Everyone is nice and helpful. There is pressure but employees are typically lax. You'll work around smart people. They know how to keep their employees happy.

Cons

Needs aren't always clear. Projects take a long time due to jobs failing.

Advice to Management

Find ways to improve project efficiency.

"Operations Compliance Lead"

Current Employee - Operations Compliance Lead in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Compliance Lead in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Position allows for flexible hours, development opportunities, and autonomy to get your individual work completed.

Cons

Company is constantly changing. Stability has always been an issue.

9. "Student advisor"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Great people, environment, good benefits.

Cons

Needs to have more direction for improvements

10. "Getting better"

Current Employee - Legal in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Legal in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has gotten much smarter, more strategic and transparent in their business moves. They've tightened up a lot of areas that needed it. Decent enough pay and benefits.

Cons

They want to become a great place to work but in many ways stay in the dark ages. Unless you're job title already had flexibility in it, very unlikely to gain it after the fact. Working from home, flexible schedules are said to be options but it is not even across the board. That goes for pay, budgets and benefits as well, some departments are much more "important' than others and get more perks.

Advice to Management

On the right track in many ways but can still improve. Look at other great places and be more flexible in what a modern workplace can be.