Bridgepoint Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Bridgepoint Education Reviews

Updated March 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good people; learn to use good tools; good benefits; comfortable job (in 21 reviews)

• Great people to work with on individual level (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The CEO really cares but is isolated from the reality of being on the front lines and only informed by people who are in upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Too many managers and directors (in 4 reviews)

1. "BPI"

Pros

A good group of people to work with with a lot of knowledge to share.

Cons

It can be a challenge to get resources allocated for specific projects. The communication between upper management and lower levels has also been difficult.

2. "Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3 week paid training program was beneficial. Having full-time job.

Cons

Employee at-will position. Very hard job to get perspective students to enroll in an online college. Leads come from individuals who live in very remote parts of the United States.

3. "Enrollment Services Advisor"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very in depth interview. Completely went over job description.

Cons

Just be prepared to do a role play - and you should be fine. The person who interviewed me was pretty intense about it - even though I have no experience. Still got the job though.

Advice to Management

I would say that the interview process is good overall. They know what they are doing because they have been hiring hundreds of people lately.

"Moderate work environment"

Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in San Diego, CA

Pros

Company has a steady pay schedule, you do not have to worry about getting paid for the work you do. Benefits are good, they even offer free tuition to employees after 6 most of continued employment. They are health conscious and offer a gym and cafe that offers a healthy diet choice. Compensation is reasonable.

Cons

There is a high turn over rate. They are constantly cutting employees and hiring new groups. The policies are constantly changing. So don't get to comfortable with one way of doing things. All new hires have to start in a Enrollment Counseling based role. No matter how much prior experience or education you have.

You are also maneuvered various times to other teams. They promote a team environment and team playing but the way they do it caused conflict within your own team. If you succeed you are placed in better performing teams, but until it happens you may be ostracized by your own team. It can be tedious and a stressful environment if you can't make your monthly quotas.

Advice to Management

Management should consider performance based bonuses. In team environments there should not be so much singling out so publicly. It causes to much conflict and stress on performance. Also hiring managers should consider other placement opportunities for new hires.

6. "Enrollment Services Advisor"

Current Employee - Enrollment Services Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Services Advisor in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexible hours, great benefits, collaborative environment

Cons

Not enough transparency as to whether you're meeting expectations. Month to month, hard core inside sales.

Advice to Management

better evaluation system that makes sense to all advisors.

"Not a good place to work. Stressful and unpredictable. Would not recommend this place to anyone."

Pros

Pay is okay. Beautiful building and great coworkers. Good location to restaurants. nice to have health care provider on-site. nice intranet

Cons

Uncaring management..sweat shop all about the number. Hr invisible. High turnover and not allowed to say anything negative. Treat employees like children. Not a good place to work . Changes are disruptive.

Advice to Management

Start caring stop pushing numbers stop pitting employees against each other. Stop lying

8. "Great place for development!"

Current Employee - A Jackie of All Trades At BPI in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - A Jackie of All Trades At BPI in San Diego, CA

Pros

Working for the organization for as long as I have gives me a perspective that most do not know. The environment is engaging and innovative, the employees are beyond motivated, and the leadership is course correcting much more quickly than ever before. If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves, putting in a full day's work, and collaborating with innovative minds, you will enjoy BPI/AU. The organization is technically still quite "young" and the mistakes of the past are just that- in the past. Student success is paramount and most leaders feel as though the employees are a very close second, if not first place in their minds.

Cons

The notion that everything must be done in person is a premise that can be changed. We deliver our product online; we should also begin to acknowledge that trusted employees can work from home more often than currently allowed. By doing so, leadership would increase employee morale and engagement if they provided telecommuting or working remotely more often and to more roles.

Advice to Management

So much has changed since the organization began! Acknowledge the mistakes of the past in more public ways. I am aware of the transparency and candor of our Executive team because I have exposure that others do not. Get out more and really connect with our employees. You shouldn't be perceived as famous people. Our employees are the famous ones for the good work they do each and every day.

9. "Software Engineer"

Pros

I was able to learn a more diverse technology stack, they have tech in C#, PHP, HTML, Javascript.

Cons

Lots of downsizing recently, which has turned the focus away from new product development and into keeping the lights on.

Advice to Management

Letting the software teams help drive innovation would help motivate developers.

10. "Enrollment Services Advisor"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great first job. Great benefits & salary.

Cons

Micromanagement, otherwise great place to start.

11. "Bridgepoint Education"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst I in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst I in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

In general people are very nice to work with.

Cons

The company is always reducing their workforce, creating a very difficult workplace.

Advice to Management

Stop the CPAC Program.