Bridgeport Hospital Employee Reviews about "new haven health"

Updated Oct 19, 2019

3.7
Bridgeport Hospital President Anne Diamond
Anne Diamond
Cons

Reviews about "new haven health"

Return to all Reviews

"I've worked at several hospitals over my career, and Bridgeport Hospital is BY FAR the best ever!"

Current Employee - Director in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Bridgeport Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits being part of Yale New Haven Health. Management is visible and honest. Mr. Jennings sends out emails to everyone on holidays, and when there are critical matters at hand. This is a nice touch, and much appreciated. It's not always good news, but it's honest.

Cons

None I can tell you that are a big deal. Promotions are hard because so few people ever leave. In some places this could be a drawback, but I get why they stay. Several key leaders left for a while, and then came back. But I guess that's a compliment in the end.

Continue reading

"It was Good for the Experience"

Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Bridgeport Hospital full-time

Pros

Benefits in the Yale New Haven Health System are great. OT availability with additional incentive .

Cons

High patient ratios/understaffing, low pay. Frequently felt overworked/overstressed and underpaid. Hated being rushed to clock out after a very busy shift with a heavy assignment

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Bridgeport Hospital for more than 10 years

Pros

Bridgeport Hospital is a great place to work. It has transformed itself over the last few years. Facilities are upgraded, patient safety and quality is strong, employee, patient and physician satisfaction is high, school of nursing is becoming a four year bachelors program, management is accessible and really cares. Bill Jennings is a great CEO. He listens and cares, and is visible to the staff. The hospital is strong financially. As part of Yale New Haven Health System, it is a great place to work.

Cons

Health care is a very complex field. Many changes and new regulations all the time. Constant change is the new normal. But it is also fulfilling because we save people's lives.

Continue reading
  4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bridgeport Hospital part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are friendly and helpful. Benefits are very generous, including tuition reimbursement. Great parking and easy commute from both Fairfield and New Haven counties.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews