Bridgestone Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Bridgestone Americas Chief Executive Officer and President Gordon Knapp
Gordon Knapp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very good pay (at least for my position)" (in 47 reviews)

• "We also have a good work life balance" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work weekends and there is barely any work life balance" (in 23 reviews)

• "Long hours, depending on role and group within the organization" (in 38 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Supply Chain Analyst"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started working for Bridgestone...and I love it. The new building is amazing- great cafeteria, gym, wellness rooms, outdoor space, meeting rooms, and more. The orientation is very informative and the people all seem invested in the success of the company.

Cons

I think there is always room for improvement, but Bridgestone is actively trying to become the best.

2. "Great people, organized operation"

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and bonus, plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Very corporate feel, too many meetings, too many bosses

3. "Marketing Manager"

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time

Pros

New facility. Career path opportunities.

Cons

There are none at this time.

4. "okay!"

Pros

pay was ok no advancement for management

Cons

hours 7 days in a row , no home life if you want overtime

"Procurement Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The HQ is amazing and beautiful and really everything you could ever want in an office. The majority of people I worked with outside of the procurement department were amazing, kind, and easy to work with and they made it hard to leave (marketing, it, finance, accounting, supply chain, etc)

Cons

Where to begin....
    First of HR is useless and a waste of time they will always back the management and uphold their behavior no matter how cruel and insensitive.
    Procurement has so many problems I don't know which is worse the clear favoritism, political games, lies, backstabbing or just plain disregard for company rules. Favoritism is rampant there are clear "golden children" who are promoted frequently without waiting the full year for a promotion. They hire people who are friends with their friends even if more qualified people interview (internally & externally). I applied internally and was interviewed and the job position was discussed in an open area with a co-worker regarding who they were offering the job to. Management wants to lock people into whatever position they are good at and leave no room for growth (which will be promised in the interview). They have extremely hard working people not being compensated for their work. My discontent was openly discussed with two levels of direct managers and no action was taken and internal applications were blocked by current manager lying to the prospective hiring managers and getting interviews that were arranged cancelled. The deceit and favoritism is what drove me to leave despite loving most of the people I worked with every day. They are also ruthless and not considerate of people struggling in their personal life with non-visible disabilities (which I could have choose to litigate if I had wanted),

Advice to Management

I would recommend HR STEP UP! I think HR should be more than a scheduling assistant and should sit in on the interviews to keep hiring managers honest.
    Publish an actually PTO policy aside from vacation and holidays ie (sick days, maternity, paternity, emergency situations)
    Talk to the front line of workers and work your way up. People are afraid to truly speak their mind for repercussions from management who aggressively confront them after items are reported to HR.

6. "Management"

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good environment, good mgmt, good pay

Cons

Long hours, union environment. Oh and union.

"Good company with some bad managers"

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company was great, with nice building, and it's own fitness center.

Cons

I worked there doing mobile development with Xamarin. When I was hired they just had me start attending meetings for a new project, no direction other than that. Then they fired me for not doing my job which was a complete lie. HR was very interested when I told them I was given no work to do and I can only assume my manager lied to them to save her job. Some people are just dishonest.

Advice to Management

Employees need a way to protect themselves from a dishonest manager like the one I was dealing with.

8. "Maternity/Paternity Leave"

Current Employee - Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This employer meets the parameters of the Tennessee Maternity Leave Act, in that it must offer 16-weeks of unpaid maternity leave to women for the birth or adoption of a new child. 6- 8 weeks of paid leave is provided for mothers, depending on the type of birth and release by doctor to return to work. 1 week of leave is extended to fathers.

Cons

This employer doesn't have a published policy addressing maternity/paternity leave. Information provided to employees on the front-end is limited and lacking, and it isn't disclosed to women that once they return to work after the birth of a child, they wave the remaining balance of the 16-weeks of leave allowed in TN. It is up to a company's discretion as to allow the remaining unpaid time to be taken during the 12-month period. Essentially, the company chooses to not allow women to take the remaining unpaid leave as parental leave and thus punishes women who return to work early to support business needs or their family's financial situation.

Advice to Management

Clearly define and publish a maternity/paternity leave policy. Benchmark the benefits and policies offered by other large employers for this type of leave. The job market in the middle-TN area is very competitive and benefits do matter. This reviewer knows of three women and two men who have been unsatisfied with this company's maternity/paternity leave offering, which has contributed to their decision to leave the company. Ambiguously stated information communicated directly to individuals on a case by case basis a policy DOES NOT make.

9. "tech"

Former Employee - Tech in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tech in Denver, CO

I worked at Bridgestone Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good management and great working enviroment

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

none

"Poor treatment of employees"

Current Employee - Store Manager in North Liberty, IA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in North Liberty, IA

I have been working at Bridgestone Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Not much else.

Cons

Very demanding schedule requiring weekends and holidays. Potential to work 55 hours+ and 6-7 days a week occasionally.

Advice to Management

Better schedules and less stress for store level employees.