Bridgewater Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Bridgewater Resources Reviews

5.0
Agnes Butterworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dynamic and evolving company where employees are listened to"

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- New ideas are always welcomed
    - Strong, close team with great social events to strengthen this and welcome newbies
    - Commitment to continuously develop employees and let them grow with the business
    - Strong client relationships
    - Fast-paced role with lots of variety and challenges
    - Great reward culture
    - Employees are given responsibility and are trusted to manage their own schedules/workload

Cons

- Technology can be frustrating and there needs to be investment in hardware rather than solely software (which in all fairness there has been a lot of)
    - The office can be quiet at times when some consultants are travelling and this can be off putting when trying to work

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and implementing new ideas. Look into investing in new hardware next year (and include employees in decision making). The radio quietly on in the background would make the environment more warm.

2. "Fast paced and rewarding environment"

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- fast paced environment
    - friendly and professional atmosphere
    - opportunities for progression and professional development
    - responsibility to manage your own workload
    - great company perks and incentives
    - opportunities to travel throughout the UK buiding strong relationships with both clients and candidates
    - the business is constantly reviewing and updating processes to move forwards

Cons

- the work can be very demanding
    - the office can sometimes be a little quiet when consultants are out in meetings
    - there are often frustrations but that is just the industry, the good times far outweigh the bad!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in staff training and development, continued opportunities for progression will retain staff as we are an ambitious group

3. "A genuinely great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-A very professional, yet fun environment
    -Freedom & autonomy
    -A strong team of consultants who really care about their work
    -Lots of face-to-face meetings and interviewing
    -Amazing clients who come back to us time and time again
    -A very strong leader who helps every step of the way with your own professional development
    -Continuous mentoring and support from our in-house Trainer

The more 'fun' bits!:
    -Dress down on Friday (Fri-yay!)
    -Friday breakfast clubs
    -Monthly socials (they're pretty good!)
    -Incentives, like employee of the month
    -Great commission structure
    -Flexible working
    -Opportunity to earn a prestigious company car (Audi, Mercedes, BMW)

Cons

It's a mega busy environment and there's always a lot going on, you have to juggle a lot of different things at once which can be demanding.

I however really enjoy it as no two days are the same and you learn so much about how to deal with so many different things.

Advice to Management

I can't thank Bridgewater enough for the time, resource, input and training they have given me, I feel that I have come along so much in my career here.

4. "Great place to grow and develop!"

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Monday Bake Offs
    - Fantastic working atmosphere
    - Excellent training

Cons

- The office can be a bit quiet
    - We need a bigger car park

5. "Great professional development opportunities and work benefits"

Current Employee - Marketing and Social Media Coordinator in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every employee creates a Professional Development Plan so they can see where their career is heading and steps to get there.
    Great team activities and finish at 3pm on Fridays!

Cons

The CEO has very high expectations.

6. "Great company, great team - it's nice to actually enjoy coming to work!"

Pros

- We are all trusted to work autonomously - the great results speak for themselves
    - Despite the fact that we all have our own individual workloads, there's a very strong team ethic and everyone gets on well
    - Everyone's contributions are important and valued
    - Varied work, it's very hard to get bored
    - Great employee perks, team building activities and social calendar - including the extremely popular Great Bridgewater Bake Off!
    - Pet-friendly offices
    - Bridgewater really invest in your ongoing training and development

Cons

- The days at Bridgewater can be so busy that they fly by - you need to be ready to work hard, manage your time effectively and be up to the challenge! It's all worth it in the end
    - Things can change in a heartbeat - you therefore need to be adaptable and have a positive attitude
    - Car parking on site can be limited, but there is plenty of parking on nearby side roads - this won't be a problem when we move to our new bigger and better offices!

Advice to Management

Ensure that the focus we have on development doesn't slip and continue to invest in nurturing everyone's individual talents. The team is growing, so we need to make sure that we have the right people on board who will fit in with the team, are ready to make a real contribution and people who will be just as passionate about the business as the rest of us. The employee perks package we have is fantastic, and it's still growing - this really sets Bridgewater apart from other employers, so keep up the great work!

7. ""Bridgewater is a growing company that looks after its staff by nurturing their talent and supporting their development""

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Bridgewater for just under six months now and I have to say I can see a long-term career here! The company values are what initially drew me to the role and I can't say how true it is that they take a different approach to recruitment. As soon as I started everyone was extremely helpful and I feel like I have a great relationship with my co-workers. On top of this you are definitely given the opportunity to show how much you can bring to the position and are rewarded for the work that you put in.

Cons

The role can sometimes be challenging and you will be pushed to work your hardest. You will have to be adaptable and given a lot of responsibility, but this is the best way if competitiveness is in your nature and you want to see results!

8. "An exciting company to work for, offering a fast paced environment with great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is varied and challenging, changing from day to day. In my role I get to meet lots of new people and travel across the country, constantly keeping me on my toes. The company is extremely ambitious and certainly heading in the right direction. I have never known the days go so quickly! The training and development provided is brilliant, and you are forever learning new skills along the way.

Cons

The job can be very intense at times, with lots to do, certainly not for the feint hearted. You have to work hard, but the rewards are there in return.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and invest in current staff. Keep growing and expanding. The team building days are a big hit, giving everyone something to look forward to. Staff enjoy the trust, responsibility and autonomy given to them.

9. "Bridgewater Resources offers great ongoing training and support plus freedom and autonomy to mange your own workload."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Stockport, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Stockport, England (UK)

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You always feel like you are supported and guidance will be there if needed, without being micromanaged. The team are extremely friendly and everyone gets on well with each other. There is also a HUGE choice of tea and coffee!

Cons

At times the working environment can be extremely fast paced and you need to make sure you keep on top of things but this means you are always kept busy and work is never dull or boring.

Advice to Management

I really like to approach to positive thinking, team days out will also help with this.
    I think we should have 'Cake Fridays' and also open up our own Doggy/Pet Creche!!

10. "I thoroughly enjoy working at Bridgewater Resources UK, I'm part of a fantastic team and no two days are ever the same!"

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Bridgewater Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I am part of an enthusiastic and friendly team.
    - I am always rewarded for my hard work.
    - I am constantly encouraged to develop my professional skills.

Cons

- Some of the company procedures could be made slightly more efficient to save valuable time.
    - I always seem to be on bin duty.

Advice to Management

- Can we have a kitchen bin rota please.
    - Keep the rewards coming!
    - Listen to my team building suggestion - cheese & wine office party!