Found 1,111 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is great and they try very hard to keep you as busy as you would like." (in 62 reviews)
- "(+) Flexible hours" (in 43 reviews)
- "the owner and office mgr are both great people and the feel is like working amongst friends in the office." (in 40 reviews)
- "Easy and flexible scheduling." (in 38 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule, The owners of Brighstar, Mesa are the best!" (in 37 reviews)
- "Low pay and house cleaner role" (in 79 reviews)
- "No benefits to speak of despite mentioning offering them but not following through" (in 61 reviews)
- "Management is poor." (in 38 reviews)
- "Poor communication and not proactive." (in 19 reviews)
- "No training specific to the care they specialize in." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BrightStar Care and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Caregiver, CNACurrent Employee
Sometimes they have lots of work, find you nearby patients, will pay you a bonus or a few extra dollars if desperate.
Dont always have work. Sometimes want you for only 4 hours 2-4 days a week. Rude patients at times, poor management, no accountability
- 4.0Nov 17, 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNACurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNaperville, IL
Flexible schedule, one-on-one care with clients.
May not get the shift you desire.
- 1.0Oct 10, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
None, none, & none … did I say none?
Over worked and under paid Will give you unrealistic amounts of work to finish in a short amount of time, like they’re setting you up to fail When I say jump, you say how high mentality it REAL and EVERYTHING here Don’t care about the quality of their work, just get it done Toxic work environment … but you work from home Don’t care about you, as long as the work gets done when they say it should Lots of attitudes and accusations, you can’t make the smallest mistake People are fake nice Micromanaging even when they say they aren’t They expect you to work your full 8hrs without leaving your desk at all (no exaggeration, you can’t go to the bathroom without being questioned for not being there)
- 3.0Nov 1, 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNACurrent Employee
They work you a lot of you're willing to do the drive and hrs they bribe you with incentives
No advancement no holiday pay unless private insurance pays.pay for Medicaid patients is low you have to beg for a raise. They bribe you with low incentives.
- 5.0Nov 3, 2023Registered NurseCurrent EmployeeTampa, FL
Can pick schedule, find patient that’s a good fit for you
Benefits are unaffordable, if they were affordable I would go full time.
- 5.0Oct 18, 2023Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Current Employee, less than 1 yearKansas City, KS
They are understanding and work with you on your schedule. Bryan is always so nice to work with. You can get paid sooner with Zayzoon.
They don't update patient charts and medications in a very timely manner and you have to use your own tech.
- 5.0Oct 31, 2023Business Development ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHamilton, NJ
Employer: smart, ethical, invested in employees, committed to Brightstar care mission statement.
tough industry human capital on both ends
- 3.0May 28, 2023Customer Care ManagerFormer EmployeeNaperville, IL
The employees in the office were genuinely very nice, but far and few between.
Unfortunately this location doesn't know how to train new people, and ended up throwing me out onto the floor without proper training and then would get upset at me when mistakes were made. I was consistently belittled by employees and my boss, with snarky comments and judgmental stares. They want to work harder than they need to. They also hire very poorly trained caregivers and are surprised when the clients complain or end services. Compensation for this position is extremely poor. It's far too little for the amount of work I was doing each day. There was never any down time, it was a constant firedrill with the amount of problems that occurred. Everyone in the office always left with more work on their plate than what they came in with.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Recruiting ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSterling Heights, MI
Great company. Enjoyed my time working there. I learned a lot
Very busy. You may have to wear multiple hats.
BrightStar Care Reviews FAQs
BrightStar Care has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,218 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at BrightStar Care to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
69% of BrightStar Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BrightStar Care 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.