BrightStar Care Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shelly Sun

Pros
Cons
  • No benefits were offered at the location I worked (in 21 reviews)

• You dont see the office staff often unless you are summoned for paperwork (in 16 reviews)

1. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible with hours, employees are very nice, the clients are wonderful.

Cons

No benefits, you barely see anyone in the office, home Care can be stressful with the amount of task/follow ups required.

Advice to Management

No current advice

2. "CNA/HHA"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make sure to call ahead of time if you are going to be later they are hereally for you and show that you care for your patience so. You will get a rise after 6months being on the job

Cons

You must do everything by the book and if you do any side jobs for your clients you will get fire no if ands about it and please don't use your phone while with the patient unless you really have to

Advice to Management

Just do your best you know how to do and also keep in mind everyone wants respect and honest so remember the Golden Rules treat others the way you want to be treated

3. "RN, Nurse Liaison"

Current Employee - Nurse RN in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Nurse RN in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Model- Companion level through skilled level care. Joint Commission Accepted with RN oversight! Person Centered Care with 100% Compatibility. Pro is being apart of a team that truly delivers a higher standard of care!

Cons

Home Care can be stressful with the amount of task/follow uo required. With that being said, that is Home Care in general. BrightStar Care is always adding resources to help with time management, communication, etc. The newest implantation was ABS Mobile!

Advice to Management

None at current time

5. "Awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Tampa, FL

I worked at BrightStar Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Founder is an amazing visionary. They care about their people.

Cons

Sometimes you can have a lot on your plate at any given time. BUt it's all for the greater good.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"PRN RN"

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Austin, TX

I have been working at BrightStar Care (Less than a year)

Pros

BrightStarCare mainly only hires PRN nurses, LVN and RN nurses for per visit and Infusion. It's kind of hard to get steady work, it would be great supplement to a full time job. If this is your only job you're gonna starve. They pay mileage only after 40 miles/day. The office staff is nice, clients are pretty nice.

Cons

They do not pay first 40 miles a day and there seems to be some confusion about not counting any mileage from your home to your first patient. Most home health companies will pay from your home to first patient but not from home to work. That's standard across most HH agencies.

Regular steady work is pretty non-existent. They are always hiring new nurses so there is a lot of competition for hours.

They text daily needs throughout the day so knowing your zipcodes otherwise you're driving to Lago Vista from Austin for one patient.

Seems they want Mercedes nurses for Pinto pay. Although their patient clientele is private insurance and private pay, that does make it easier to get a patient admitted to service.

If you want orientation you have to ask for it, otherwise they toss you out there.

Advice to Management

Use the nurses you have, having vast amounts of nurses all vying for 3-5 visits a day is unfair. Please don't tell people they can get full time hours weekly if there is not enough work.

Please may all mileage, 40 miles a day equals $14-16 a day at 0.25 to 0.30 per mile. Hard to make money with a $35 visit and lose $14/ day. Maybe give a weekly bonus or gas card to nurses that are working over 12 hours a week or are working on regular basis.

7. "Perfect job for empty nesters"

Current Employee - CNA in Lake Elmo, MN
    Current Employee - CNA in Lake Elmo, MN

I have been working at BrightStar Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My kids are out of the house and I was trying to find a meaningful way to get back into the work force. My goal is to go back to school and become an RN but for now I am having a blast working with the seniors. It's so rewarding to help them, just the opportunity to make a difference in their lives, especially the Veterans. My dad and uncles were vets and they have a special place in my heart.

I enjoy the flexibilty. My husband and I like to take vacations so the office staff is great about finding fill ins for my clients and I like the fact that I can take on as many shifts as I want. The office staff is great and they are very open to feedback and suggestions.

Cons

You get so attached to the clients, you have to learn to keep boundaries and focus on the fact that each day is a blessing, life is short and that we can't take tomorrow for granted. It's a humbling experience. This isn't a job for everyone, but for me it's giving me a lot of personal satisfaction.

8. "Care Consultant"

Current Employee - Care Consultant in Lake Elmo, MN
    Current Employee - Care Consultant in Lake Elmo, MN

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Care Consultant for BrightStar Care St. Croix Valley for almost two years now, I am proud to be affiliated with a company that cares about providing "Safety & Comfort" for our clients as well as providing many other services. I am associated with co-workers that will go the "Extra Mile" to provide the services that are needed. We work as a TEAM and that is what and how "Quality Care and Services" are all about. As an employee, I feel that if a concern arises we can feel free and comfortable to bring it to our Owner/Supervisor. To me that means alot in being employed. I would highly recommend our services if you are needing any from Companionship through Skilled Nursing. If you are someone that is looking for a flexible Care Giving job, BrightStar Care St. Croix Valley I would also highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any Cons. I am happy overall as an employee.

Advice to Management

Advice is to keep going in the positive direction that BrightStar Care is going and to always strive to be the best we can. Thank-you for having me as your Care Consultant!

9. "Stress wasn't worth it for the low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff was friendly
    Company is overall very organized
    No direct supervision

Cons

No lunch breaks
    Low pay
    Constant calls while you are off work at home
    Constant calls to cover shifts, and backlash when you decline

Advice to Management

Understand that the job is not what our lives revolve around.

10. "Could be better"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at BrightStar Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules. Some incentives are good but given consistently.

Cons

Does not pay well and raises are miniscule. Some of the aides should NOT be in this field.

Advice to Management

Pay is an effective way to keep good aides.

"Nurse"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BrightStar Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brightstar Parent company itself holds up the that higher standard of care: however it did not seem like the local office lived up to same standards WITH and FOR their hard-working dedicated employees

Cons

It certainly appears that the local owners are only interested in what's best for themselves in getting high-paying private pay clients and not passing that on to their employees. And the pay is not even comparable market reference. They claim they're like family but they don't treat you like it especially when they are done with an employee

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and pulled out your word and promises