Brightcove Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Brightcove Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2019

Found 3 reviews

4.7
Brightcove CEO Jeff Ray (no image)
Jeff Ray

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People. There is not one person who is not willing to assist each other. The culture here is really special. - Leadership. The new leadership team has a clear vision and has put together a very detailed plan to execute on their goals. - Flexibility. Hours are flexible and management is very lenient with PTO, extended holidays etc. Great work life balance. - Challenging. Brightcove is a place that challenges... you to be your best daily. Management does well in acknowledging successes and is quick to help reps work through the lulls by any means. - Plan for promotions. Prior to new management, there was never a clear path to promotion. Now employees have a clear idea of what that path is and how to get there.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Brightcove2019-06-24

Brightcove Response

July 17, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for sharing this perspective from the sales team. We are building something special and from culture to career paths, I hope your experiences here continue to get better each year.

"SDR"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Management genuinely wants the entire team to succeed - I learn more about technology and how to become better at sales every day - I have a career path at Brightcove and a company I want to grow with - The positivity in the SDR department is infectious, and it makes me excited to come in every day

Cons

- I honestly don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so flexible, understanding, motivating and positive. By far the best management I've ever had in my career.

Brightcove2018-01-26

Brightcove Response

March 22, 2018SVP, HR

That's awesome - I'm glad your experience is off to a great start and I hope you continue to learn, grow and succeed throughout your tenure!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Change is needed"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are generally really nice and friendly, there's a good work life balance and lots of flexibility. The cupboards and fridge are full of goodies everyday and the company has a really good name for it's self in the market place. There is a real sense of oneness at the company and everyone seems to pull together at social events.

Cons

Disorganised from top down. Although there are many positives about this company there are significant challenges mainly around planning, product development, pricing and strategy. Quarterly planning is done in that quarter, strategies change like a newborns diapers, the product is limited in its offering without the need for custom development, the pricing model is restrictive and super expensive.

Advice to Management

Do something different! Muster up all the courage you can and do something (by your standards) radical.

Brightcove2018-02-22