Brightedge Technologies Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Pros
  • Challenging environment with smart, hard-working peers (in 12 reviews)

• You will learn a lot and be challenged (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • To those who have read concerns about work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Brightedge is a wonderful company that has gone through the same expected growing pains of any other company that is growing at out pace (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome environment and easiest product I have ever sold"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have sold a number of Saas products over the year and the BrightEdge platform is by far the easiest solution to sell that I have experienced. Don't get me wrong, it is not easy work...it takes a lot of effort and diligence to be successful here, but the product is very straight forward and provides a very clear ROI to prospective clients which for me, has been the key to closing deals here. I have made more money by far in this role than any previous company I have worked for. There is also a lot of support available as long as you are willing to ask for it. My coworkers, manager and the sales support team are always eager to jump on a call with me to help close a deal when needed. I think the negative reviews on the site for this company are primarily coming from employees who were not willing to put in the time to learn the product, the process and then actually pick up the phone and do the hard work to bring in the business. You for sure have to work hard here to be successful, but it has been well worth it.

Cons

The first few months can be challenging as there is a TON to learn. If you have little or no knowledge of SEO or digital marketing in general (as I did not) it is easy to feel overwhelmed in the first couple months. While the training they provide is pretty thorough, it comes at you mostly in your first week and it's just to much to take in in that amount of time. My advice would be to take what they give you and then really go out and do some self study work and just use Google and other online resources to quickly learn about the industry. Once I had figured that out, selling the product got even easier.

Advice to Management

Realize that people coming in with little or no SEO background may need a little more time than you think to absorb everything and really understand your business.

2. "Growing Company with Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging projects, mature leadership, complete focus on the future.

Cons

The typical start up stuff. A lot of growth, limited support fir it, a lot of things feel like they just got made up the night before.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and explain what the business is up to and where we are going.

3. "BrightEdge, overall is a great place to work"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

A lot of great epople to work with. Some managment are wondeful as well. Some are very understanding, felixible and willing to take extra time to mentor you to build your skills.

Cons

Not enough team building. We use to have Friday lunches where different department would present, and we no longer do that. There has been a bit of turnover within the company, so there isn't anything within the company to bring people together.

Advice to Management

There should be more team buildingg in certain departments, preferable on a quarterly basis. It would really show the teams that they are appreciated.

Brightedge Technologies Response

Jan 26, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, it is very helpful and an easy fix. An employee wanted to put together a softball team recently, and we just formed our first corporate team! We are 100% open to ... More

"Fast growing company with great opportunities for people with an appetite to be successful in sales"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BrightEdge is a growing company that is seriously invested in its employees. Starting with a two-week training program in San Francisco, they set their new employees up with the industry knowledge and training needed to be successful selling this product. Management is highly involved in training from the start, which helps employees to fully understand the product and defined sales process. This is key to a majority of their sales team being at 100% of goal.

I took a risk leaving my former company to come to BrightEdge, and 6 months in I have no regrets. I'm so happy with my decision, and I love the team they put together in Cleveland. Compensation is competitive with other organizations seeking top sales professionals. The company loves to reward its employees for a job well down. In general, you can make a lot of money at BrightEdge.

Cons

Could create a more structured ongoing training program, however the support in house is amazing.

"Serious Sales Position for Serious Sales Professionals"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at BrightEdge is highly organized, extremely competitive, and has a sales methodology that works. The technology is second to none, so you can confidently head into your sales calls knowing that you're backed by the best in the business. Sales numbers are challenging but attainable, with most AEs hitting/exceeding quota for the year.

If you're not driven, professional, and passionate about selling this isn't the position for you, but then again if you're not those things then sales isn't for you in general. If you want a non stressful job with no responsibilities, change your career.

Cons

Training is two weeks in California. While this is a great experience, spending two weeks in a hotel room isn't the best (the expense policy is really good so you end up wanting for nothing)

They are passionate about their sales process and don't necessarily take exceptions to the steps required. If you've been in a sales role where there is more "freedom" to your closing process or selling cycle, be prepared to fall in line.

"Experience varies"

Former Employee - Client Service in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friday lunches, fun coworkers, WFH options, nice office locations, always enough work to never be bored, solid product

Cons

Exec levels seem to only care about sales team. Low opportunity for growth, bonuses, rewards, etc. on some of the other teams. High employee turnover. Poor cross-team communications.

"On Point!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to BrightEdge from another industry and I have to say that I was impressed from the start of my journey. In the interview process, I actually had the opportunity to speak with the CEO of which not many organizations out there do that. I enjoy working in a collaborative environment where I have the ability to promote a phenomenal product. I love the fact that the environment is very much like an eat what you kill - UNCAPPED Commissions and you can make it your own!

Cons

The key to be successful in sales at BrightEdge is to focus and dedicate yourself - there's no reinventing the wheel here.

Advice to Management

You're moving in the right direction!

"Going Places, But Not With The Team They Have"

Former Employee - Client Service Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company definitely has a vision, and the product is a very strong offering in the SEO market. The team is mostly made up of very smart, aggressive people.

Cons

The company's mentality is very much: "We're a startup; we can't afford to do x,y,z". This includes anything from a 401k match (not a big deal) to only two weeks maternity leave (pretty big deal) to not working to retain and uplift existing team members (huge deal).

Advice to Management

Quit hoping that the entire team is going to work twice as hard as anywhere else just because the work is somewhat interesting and the company is, at some nebulous future date, going public! Work to retain the team you have and create better resources and processes to support your team.

"Worst Sales job i have EVER had!"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro here was the compensation wad competitive and i met a few friends who also jumped off that sinking ship. Also learned alot about SEO.

Cons

Do not work here if you dont like being MICROMANAGED. Work life balance was horrible and there is absolutely no loyalty from upper mgmt, evsn if you made presidents club year before.Culture sucks and founder/ceo wont let control go to someone who knows how to take company to next level.

Advice to Management

hire an outside consultant to reatructure mgmt

11. "Learning from the BEST!"

Pros

You are constantly challenged and have the ability to make an impact on a daily basis.

Cons

To be honest, I cannot think of any cons at this moment. It truly has been a great experience working here thus far.

Advice to Management

Please keep us in the loop on the movement of the company, it is extremely exciting and motivating to know how well we are doing!