Brightedge Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hard work is expected and generously rewarded (in 14 reviews)

• You will learn a lot and be challenged (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • To those who have read concerns about work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Company is growing pretty fast and is experiencing growing pains (in 11 reviews)

1. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - SDR in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, a ton of support and really a direct promotion path! I have worked here for about 3 months and I wake up every morning excited to go to work.

Cons

You must be hungry to succeed and ready for competition!

Advice to Management

none- I think their on-boarding team is awesome- they give us a so many resources

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and a solid product that sells. Most reps are hitting quota or over. Management is great to work with and the company is definitely going places!

Cons

more gym benefits to employees but that's all I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the great work and continue investing in your employees!

3. "Great place to understand how startup works!"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

- Learn a lot
    - SEO is the next big thing and being in a company that pushes for it is a blessing

Cons

- Some long hours
    - Need to encourage more external training for the employees

4. "Excellent Recruiting Experience, Competitive Environment"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

The entire hiring process was easy and convenient. A recruiter reached out to me minutes after submitting my resume and she was friendly and generated excitement about the company. After I got hired, there was a week of training that was super helpful as someone who didn't come from an SEO background. The HQ office is great: lunch on Fridays, all the snacks you want, plenty of meeting spaces, etc.

Cons

The environment here is intense and the departments are a bit segmented. You are definitely expected to work past the 9-5 and there isn't wide spread WFH options. It can be hard to balance that lifestyle if you live outside the Peninsula. The PTO policy is also pretty weak for the industry: just 15 PTO days including sick time.

Advice to Management

More all-hands activities and opportunities to team build. Company wide WFH policy needed. Better PTO policy to keep employees happy.

5. "SDR"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

premium sales training, awesome people, great pay

Cons

if you are very competitive you will like it

"Seven Legit Considerations You Should Think About When Interviewing @ BrightEdge."

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BrightEdge is a great place for gaining professional experience, don't be expected to see a good raise or a thank you from anyone for hours and hours of work you put in, but overall it is a great place to learn and work in a sweat shop environment.

Anywhere you go after BrightEdge will seem like paradise. You will crush it because Brightedge employees work at a breakneck pace out of fear of getting fired.

I cannot say enough about the team I worked with at BrightEdge. Dedicated, hardworking, and lovely people (not sarcastic)!

Cons

1. People are paid unfairly. Quotas are set way to high on purpose. Well, that may not be true, it could be because the Sales Enablement person has no clue as to what they are doing. Either way, you would think the business team would have the heart to adjust them, but Jim Yu is ok with extending offers that net him money. If you work there, know that the person sitting next to you that has less experience could be making more money than you. If you are a woman, probably paid less.

2. The only culture at BrightEdge is the shared feelings of hatred toward the company.

3. PTO and Sick days are watched like a hawk, and you are NOT allowed to work from home unless you have a manager who is cool with it. Why hire people if you don't trust them to do their job?

4. Keep promoting managers who have an extremely high employee termination rate- that is an awesome way to build morale.

5. The employee turnover rate, in general, is probably in the upper 80's percent.

6. No transparency. BrightEdge likes to keep secrets because the business does not believe in ethical decision making, it is all about the big dog at the top.

7. Out of the pre-IPO companies, you can work at in Silicon Valley why would you choose a 10-year-old private company that missed its shot of going public years ago? It is all hearsay- the recruiters are great at selling.

Advice to Management

Advice to the board:

Don't fund or participate in unethical businesses.

"You Are Valued at Brightedge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- One Dream One Team
    - Everyone's input is valued
    - Smartest people you will ever work with
    - Release week celebrations!
    - Everyone smiles and says good morning
    - Free Friday lunches!
    - Competitive compensation
    - Hard work is expected and generously rewarded
    - Plenty of opportunity for growth and promotion
    - Genuine people working toward a common goal
    - Corporate leadership is transparent regarding the company's actions and future

Cons

- vacation and sick days are lumped together in 15 days of PTO

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work and we'll keep following you!

8. "BrightEdge Engineering"

Current Employee - Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is full of smart, talented and friendly engineers. Everyone believes in the "One Team One Dream" motto. It doesn't matter what your role in the team is, all of us stride towards success of the team together. Every individual is given ample responsibilities and opportunities. Failures are not looked down on. Engineers are encouraged to be bold and take decisions that are meaningful to the product and customers. At times, management oversight could be minimal (this could be a pro or a con depending on how you look at it). There is only one middle level engineering/technical manager who does an amazing job of handling multiple responsibilities, within engineering and with customer facing teams (we need more people like him!!)

Cons

Company is growing pretty fast and is experiencing growing pains!

Advice to Management

Good to see the pace at which we are growing. At some point in the growth, having a good middle management becomes inevitable. Having additional managers focusing on different areas of engineering will help the team grow more and in a structured way.

9. "Making Huge Strides"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is finally listening to its employees and launching lots of initiatives that reflect how important it is to take care of employees. Lots of new changes, mostly all great- excited about what's coming!

Cons

Still a lot of work to do, management is inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Keep improving things, you're on the right track.

"Motivating, Collaborative and Impactful Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn an immense amount, you are given a lot of responsibility and are able to make a huge difference in a growing company. You have a lot of transparency to the executive team and the direction/vision of the company which is not found everywhere in Silicon Valley.

Cons

Our organization has gone through quite a bit of change but know it will benefit us given our long-term goals for the company.

Advice to Management

Make sure you show appreciation to your employees consistently - a little goes a long way.