Brightedge Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Brightedge Technologies Founder & CEO Jim Yu
Jim Yu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hard work is expected and generously rewarded (in 14 reviews)

• You will learn a lot and be challenged (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • To those who have read concerns about work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Company is growing pretty fast and is experiencing growing pains (in 11 reviews)

1. "Awesome opportunity for growth, incredible company culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love coming to work every day due to the fact that I know I am selling a best in class product that can seriously change the way marketing teams operate.

The people I've met at BrightEdge have become some of my best friends. You constantly hear about company's "culture" but here at BrightEdge it is second to none. Each employee is highly self motivated but knows how to be a team player.

The rapid opportunity for growth here is what attracted me in the first place, and what has made me stick around. Our sales team is very incentivized, and you always know exactly where you stand when it comes to your next promotion.

Incredible selection of snacks...our kitchen is always fully stocked, with a lot of awesome lunch options nearby, plus catered lunch on Fridays!

Cons

The only downside of working at BrightEdge would have to be the commute! It can be a bit of a drive to/from the city, but I'd still say it's well worth the experience and friendships you make here

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the success of your employees! I am so excited to be a part of this company while we experience next level growth.

2. "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with incredibly smart colleagues and diverse companies. Competitive salary. Great, innovative product.

Cons

Client facing roles are carrying too many accounts and leading to burnout of employees quickly. Lot's of promise on upward movement and career growth in the company, but short on delivery; as new roles are being created (or vacated) seats are being filled externally. Satellite offices are disconnected from the world of HQ and lack the opportunities given to those in Foster City.

Advice to Management

Action plans for employees who want to advance within the company. Mentorship. Quality bi-annual reviews.

3. "Strategic Account Manager"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

- Incredible product
    - Exciting and fast-paced industry
    - World-class customers
    - Interactive management team that truly cares about the core values of the business
    - Continuing to improve HR and commitment to employee success

Cons

- Product improves constantly - we need to keep up with it
    - Fast growing and fast hiring

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your Individual Contributors
    Keep making your customers incredibly successful
    Visibility into management and key metrics is valuable for all the employees to see how successful we are!

4. "Amazing place to grow your career quickly and make real impact every single day!"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Genuinely passionate and smart colleagues who contribute to a great work culture... you can really learn from every interaction.
    - Executives who are 100% dialed in and laser-focused on supporting the team's ability to reach success every day, week, month, and quarter
    - Transparency from executives downwards to individual contributors (CEO regularly updates team with announcements on company developments and progress)
    - Established career path defined by specific metrics and timelines
    - Effective cross-functional collaboration where teams aren't afraid to partake in discourse to reach optimal solutions
    - Annual departmental kick-offs to bring the HQ and satellite offices together for networking, best practice sharing, and learning
    - Open office space and floor plan that allows for greater visibility and communication
    - Awesome, fully-stocked kitchen with a plethora of food, snack, and beverage options to keep you going through the day
    - Team appreciation events (picnics, happy hours, etc)
    - Recognition for new and tenured employees (new employee swag packages, anniversary notes, gifts)
    - Great benefits (401k, health coverage, stock options, etc)

Cons

- Company's rapid growth means inevitable growth pains - we tend to move very quickly but lean on building, testing, and iterating, and learning from every experience
    - Commute is a little long if you don't live in the peninsula, but well worth the extra few minutes for a great work experience

Advice to Management

Continue being invested in each of your employees' success and personal/professional development and we will continue to invest our share in building and scaling the company to even greater heights!

5. "Decent overall"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has cool technology, unique product offering

General comment; not sure whether this is a pro or a con - very sales driven culture. Not sure how much they know about what we're developing but they're surprisingly well trained on how to use the product.

Cons

When I was a new employee my manager didn't spend as much time as I would expect to get me up to speed and explain things

Engineering/R&D is separated from all other departments by badge-controlled door; only top execs and office support admin people have access to both sections. Weird!

Location a tough commute from anywhere other than Peninsula/South Bay.

No 401K match

Advice to Management

Be careful about your employees' work/life balance

Encourage more interaction between Engineering/R&D and all other departments

6. "Great place to gain experience!"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

-learning and development - BE really cares about your career growth
    -HR is taking strides to improve the work environment and culture
    -free lunch Fridays and snacks

Cons

-growth pains that come with company changes
    -company is quite lean when it comes to investing in employee wellness
    -not much mingling between the different departments

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees!

7. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - SDR in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, a ton of support and really a direct promotion path! I have worked here for about 3 months and I wake up every morning excited to go to work.

Cons

You must be hungry to succeed and ready for competition!

Advice to Management

none- I think their on-boarding team is awesome- they give us a so many resources

8. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and a solid product that sells. Most reps are hitting quota or over. Management is great to work with and the company is definitely going places!

Cons

more gym benefits to employees but that's all I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the great work and continue investing in your employees!

9. "Great place to understand how startup works!"

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

- Learn a lot
    - SEO is the next big thing and being in a company that pushes for it is a blessing

Cons

- Some long hours
    - Need to encourage more external training for the employees

10. "Excellent Recruiting Experience, Competitive Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time

Pros

The entire hiring process was easy and convenient. A recruiter reached out to me minutes after submitting my resume and she was friendly and generated excitement about the company. After I got hired, there was a week of training that was super helpful as someone who didn't come from an SEO background. The HQ office is great: lunch on Fridays, all the snacks you want, plenty of meeting spaces, etc.

Cons

The environment here is intense and the departments are a bit segmented. You are definitely expected to work past the 9-5 and there isn't wide spread WFH options. It can be hard to balance that lifestyle if you live outside the Peninsula. The PTO policy is also pretty weak for the industry: just 15 PTO days including sick time.

Advice to Management

More all-hands activities and opportunities to team build. Company wide WFH policy needed. Better PTO policy to keep employees happy.