Brightergy Reviews | Glassdoor

Brightergy CEO Adam Blake
Adam Blake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Exciting and rewarding work."

Current Employee - Market Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Market Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Brightergy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is exciting to be a part of a company that helps both the environment and our customers. The office is a fun environment, but not too crazy that it prevent work from being done. It is a younger company and everybody is extremely committed to doing their part for the company. It is the perfect size for a company if you are looking to be recognized for your hard work. It is nice to say I work for Brightergy and we do commercial solar projects, it is nice to be proud of what you do.

Cons

Solar is dependent on local laws and policies which can be a pain to deal with.

"Brightergy"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Brightergy (More than a year)

Pros

Positive mentality and values, good work life balance. Good pay and benefits. Management gives employees independence.

Cons

Management sometimes has unrealistic goals, setting up for failure. A bit of disorganization and ineffectiveness in upper management has lead to problems.

Advice to Management

Find qualified personnel for management positions. People that understand the industry, the companies capabilities, and set realistic expectations. Seems that some in upper management are in the position they are because of who they know, not based on their resume.

"Project Manager , Estimator"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Brightergy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Co workers. At Brigthergy you are surrounded with a talented staff and a team atmosphere.

Cons

Zero security, Direction questionable. Values do not always match stated core values

Advice to Management

Pick a goal.

"Hard Work Pays Off"

I have been working at Brightergy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Brightergy can be a very rewarding experience, but you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves to earn it. The office environment is great, and the people are some of the best I've ever worked with. Things change quickly, which means that there's very little stagnation in your role. If you buy into the work culture and strive to be better every day, you can do a lot of great things in this organization.

Cons

The current dependence on subsidies can make for a tough and back-loaded sales cycle. This means that some employees have to work late hours and even on holidays to ensure that all deadlines are met.

Advice to Management

Keep setting the vision and the focus. We've done a good job of moving in that direction and seen positive outcomes.

"IT/Technology"

Pros

Fast paced and cutting-edge development in the IOT space. Flexible hours and a great company culture.

Cons

You need to work hard to succeed here. If you aren't already self-driven, this job may not be for you.

"One of the best places to work"

I have been working at Brightergy full-time

Pros

The people that work here are dedicated to their craft. Weather it be in sales, operations, accounting or wherever, we all take pride in what we do and do it well. This feeling of pride can foster a competitive environment that strengthens the bond within our coworkers. I have not worked at a place with a better group of people. The benefits package is amazing. Gym memberships, unlimited vacation, wellness programs, etc.

Cons

We are not a typical "inside the box" company. Some people are looking for a lot of structure. Brightergy is not that type of company.

Advice to Management

The people that work here are the biggest asset to this company. I think you have done a better job at showing that over the years. Keep up the good work!

"Rapidly Growing"

I have been working at Brightergy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company that is looking for top tier talent. True work hard play hard environment. Freedom given to those that do their job and hit their number. Unlimited vacation, fun place to work.

Cons

Rely to much on incentives and things that are out of their control. Can cause stress on job security.

Constantly changing focus as a company. Learn too much through trial an error.

8. "Market Development"

Current Employee - Market Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Market Development Specialist

I have been working at Brightergy full-time

Pros

Brightergy has been an amazing experience for me. Between the weekly sales training we receive to the overall responsiveness of ANYONE on the team it's easy to feel at home here. There is so much room to develop here as well and the work you do directly translates into what your next role or goal is within the company. The structure of the company is also very well set up and constantly adapting quickly to any changes in the markets.

Cons

If you don't like working hard, competition or adapting to changes you will not make it far at Brightergy. Fast paced environment with a "Just get a win" attitude is not for everyone.

9. "Getting Better"

Current Employee - Technology in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Technology in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Brightergy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is pretty awesome. Awesome benefits package (unlimited vacation, 401k match, decent medical/dental). Great vision for the future. Working on some pretty cool technology. Most everyone is friendly and easy to get along with...quit a few co-workers have turned into friends outside of work.

Cons

"Managers can't be your friend" mentality for some managers. If you're unfriendly to your employees, you'll most likely get back less than you expect in both work ethic and respect. Just because you work with someone doesn't mean you're unable to befriend them outside of work.

Advice to Management

If you expect respect simply because you're a manager - be sure you give respect as well.

"Full Time Employee"

I have been working at Brightergy full-time

Pros

Working culture, office environment and perks. Someone wrote matching 401(k) which is not true. They match 50 cents per dollar you contribute and on top of that it is vested, so not so great 401(k) but still good offering from a startup.

Cons

Prevailing status quo and not very good strategic planning. This is a typical 70-20-10 company. 70 percent of the employees come for the paychecks, 20 percent are dedicated and come to make a change/difference and 10 percent are just waiting to be fired!

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees who dare to stand up and ask questions. Be realistic in sales pipeline and build products that do not rely on subsidy. Make your books open so employees know where the company stands financially. Instill a sense of ownership and belonging to the company in the employees.