Brighton Jones LLC Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2020

4.9
Brighton Jones LLC Co-CEOs and Co-Founders Charles Brighton and Jon Jones (no image)
Charles Brighton and Jon Jones
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Advisor - Senior Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Culture. Culture. Culture. It's the best. 2. Leadership is very open with all employees. No hesitation to discuss the opportunities and risks that the company faces. 3. You are given the opportunity to problem solve and if you find a better way to do something, you will be supported in taking that on. 4. The company is growing quickly. Lots of opportunity for employees to take on new responsibilities and build their own role.

Cons

1. While growth is a great thing, it does cause changes in the company. Management has been really good at managing these changes but will continue to need to monitor how current employees are adapting.

2. COVID-19

"A never-ending marathon (with free alcohol handouts along the way)..."

2.0

I worked at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'll preface by stating that this company pushed me to my limits (both +/-): challenging my work, my relationships, my approach to solutioning, my values, my personality, my dedication, my health (esp. mental), my intolerance toward BS, etc. I learned a lot about myself at BJ, and while I am now in a better opportunity outside of BJ, I do credit and am in gratitude for much of what BJ taught me. Hands down, the people are the biggest perk to life at BJ. The People Team does an incredible job at hiring smart, funny, caring, and dedicated individuals who are willing and eager to give their all. If it's not the camaraderie experienced working late nights alongside your peers while cranking out reports and deliverables, it'll be the compassion you'll feel for one another as you joke over the fact that your babysitter gets paid more than you when calculating the number of hours worked every week. You realize, that instead of a well-deserved raise or bonus, your "bonus" goes toward the free-flowing booze in BJ's secret Mezz (speakeasy). That could be a perk to you: if the idea of a work drinking culture and the occasional social events are up your alley. But alas, that was all pre-COVID times. The sense of #oneteam aka camaraderie is strong because everyone is trying to commit to an insane work schedule and prove their self-worth in a business with an established pecking order with set "Ivy League" working/quality standards. It's stressful and chaotic the majority of the time, but yes, you'll make some life-long friends here, no doubt. So pros= friends, booze, and acquiring the strongest work ethic ever.

Cons

If you've worked at BJ for a year or less, you'll experience your worklife through the most supreme rose-colored glasses. Everything and everyone is AWESOME. I caution jobseekers from reading GlassDoor reviews from BJ employees with noted employment under a year of work history for that reason. From a year onward, you'll either start drinking the "culture" koolaid from your very own name-etched pint glass which the CEO churns heavily along with his subservient exec staff, or you'll begin to question whether the company mission, values, and messaging are purely a marketing ploy to generate more clients, retain its ideal employees and hire new ones. When distilled to the basics, BJ wants to drum up business like any other firm and the ultra wealthy, white, male business partners of BJ want continue the perception that the company promotes all things equal and fair and hires "diverse" employees who are well-compensated for the demands undertaken. You are strategically hired for two things: 1. the skills and endurance you can bring to advance the company's/partner's profits, and 2. your physical image to build the company's brand. If you're a BIPOC, get ready to be featured in their marketing/hiring campaigns. What type of employee will have the capacity to bend over backward and work until midnight to meet the demands of their leaders? Inexpensive post-grads who do not have the leverage to negotiate a fair wage of the hours they will soon put in, and 30 something-year olds who are attempting to build their careers and meet crazy deadlines without the balancing act of having a family and prioritizing which comes first. Skeptical? Just take a look at the team page on their website.

3. "Manager"

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time

Pros

Wonderful culture and values, which are lived every day. Fun team events. Opportunity for career advancement. Best service offering in the industry. MESI training. The Mezz.

Cons

None that come to mind. Feel lucky to work at Brighton Jones.

Continue reading
  4. "Personal Growth and Company Culture"

Current Employee - Associate Advisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Endless opportunities to learn and build your professional skill set. Always was told how big of a difference company culture makes to the quality of work life, but never fully realized how true that was until I started working here. One cohesive team all focused on providing the best possible service and growing on a business level as well as personal. Having self-efficacy and compassion for others is essential to succeeding here, which I have found to be a Pro.

Cons

I can not think of a con

5. "Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture Great benefits and pay Good co-workers Challenging Philanthropic committees Great career opportunities

Cons

I have not found any cons yet.

6. "Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive team oriented culture. You are truly the CEO of your own career here. A lot of growth at the company which is creating opportunity for advancement. The fee only business model is well positioned to eat the wirehouses' lunch. Everyone is super approachable.

Cons

There are a lot of specific roles (specialists, etc) that the firm really wants based in Seattle, but still cool that those roles are here.

7. "Amazing Culture that Fosters Employee Growth"

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brighton Jones by and large hires some incredible people. They are talented, driven, and genuinely care about others, and this ethic drives the culture forward. Employees are generally given a good amount of autonomy, and encouraged to build their own careers paths. Compensation and benefits are competitive, particularly PTO benefits. A great place to grow and learn while building a rewarding career.

Cons

Because of the speed at which the company is growing, and the open and collaborative culture, there have been struggles with change management. Anyone who struggles with change and ambiguity at times will not do well here. At the same time, someone who enjoys the opportunity to get hands dirty with helping to brainstorm and implement new processes will be able to quickly add value.

Continue reading
  8. "Fantastic Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brighton Jones has been an incredible place to work from since day one. The hiring and onboarding teams do spectacular job making a seamless transition once hired. From the beginning the training process is well laid out with full company exposure and complete job expectations set out in advance. This relieved a ton of initial stress when starting the job!

Cons

I cannot think of a con.

9. "Office Coordinator"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, culture, culture! This is the first place I've worked where I feel encouraged to be my authentic self every day. I am encouraged to share my ideas and contribute in all areas of the business. My colleagues have become some of my best friends and they are some of the smartest, hardest working and most compassionate people I know. I feel truly lucky to be working here.

Cons

We are growing like crazy and that means constant change! It can be overwhelming at times, but it means that there are always new opportunities popping up.

10. "Brighton Jones is creating something special!"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brighton Jones LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) The culture is paramount! Brighton Jones places such an emphasis on being more than just a workplace. As the company continues to grow, all decisions strive to maintain a fun, creative, and collaborative culture that offers a wealth of knowledge, talented colleagues, and an abundance of growth opportunities. 2) The work is so much fun. It's awesome to be employed at a company that is so client service oriented and focused on improving the community. We are a genuine wellness company working to help people "Live A Richer Life."

Cons

None at all! This place rocks!

Found 24 reviews