Brightpearl Reviews

Updated Jan 6, 2021

4.4
Brightpearl CEO Derek O'Carroll (no image)
Derek O'Carroll
Pros
Cons
  • "It's fast paced with priorities shifting daily sometimes and even the monotonous tasks vary(in 7 reviews)

• "This is a rapidly growing company and you need to be able to adapt well to change in direction(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Culture Matters and Growth Comes"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Going from a large corporation to a smaller business was a big change, but I have been so impressed by the small differences in the culture. Everyone is on the same page and working toward the same vision. At Brightpearl it has been about honing in on talent and then really fine tuning where it can be focused and used. There are also little gestures that the company takes to make everyone feel appreciated.

Cons

Being a 'newer' technology, there are challenges. Not things we can't overcome, but challenges that can only be handled with time and growth. The leadership team understands what those are and continues to keep the employees informed on how we are addressing them and why.

2. COVID-19

"Amazing fit for many, but not for all"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brightpearl is an amazing fit if you're looking to push yourself out of your comfort zone. You'll be challenged with responsibilities and tasks that may feel overwhelming at times - but you'll be trusted to make those decisions and you'll have support (not ridicule) if mistakes are made . It's rare to work for a company of nearly 100 people and feel like 99% of employees (including management) have a genuine and vested interest in its product, customers and colleagues. Are there some people who don't fit that? Of course - you'll find that anywhere. But it's minimal. You'll be challenged every day - especially lately given COVID. But you'll have the support of your team and leadership to get it done. Leadership has also been incredible during the uncertainty of COVID. Communication is constant and transparent and there is this 'team like' atmosphere that feels genuine. You get to experiment without micromanagement. (Probably varies by department, but I rarely see or hear about it from colleagues). Instead, you get to work really closely with your team and come up with creative solutions as opposed to being told from management what to do. You will be busy. This varies by department as well, but right now, it's pretty much 'all hands on deck.' At the risk of sounding cliche, it's usually pretty fun work and if it's not fun, it's at least rewarding. I have worked at 7+ different companies over the last 12 years - without a doubt, Brightpearl has the most qualified CEO. Derek has his motivations of course, but at the end of the day, he's here to make Brightpearl successful. And if you share that goal, I really think you'll enjoy working with and for him. This feels especially important right now with so much uncertainty. They will promote you or move you to a different role if that's what you're looking for. It won't be handed to you and you'll have to justify the move, of course. But there's a number of different instances of people within Brightpearl moving into a new role. Some of those pros may seem like cons, depending on what you're looking for. So really pay attention to whether or not they align with what you're looking for. This has the personality of a startup in many different ways - fast paced, wearing many hats, constant change, scrappy. Really ask yourself if that's a place you want to be or if you're looking for something a bit more traditional.

Cons

Change is constant. Where you sit will change. Your role might change. Your priorities will shift. Your leadership's focus will change. Your team could adjust. If this is something that scares you, then Brightpearl isn't right for you. If this makes you excited to know that you'll push yourself outside of your boundaries sometimes, then it could be a really good fit. The company is headquartered in the UK (with the number of employees split almost evenly between Bristol and Austin). As such, depending on your department, you'll be working with colleagues who are 6+ hours ahead/behind of your timezone. It can be tough sometimes because something that could take a couple hours ends up taking an entire day if it's after hours for one of the locations. But in most instances, people are available to help even when they're not technically online. (Note: depending on the department, you won't need to work too far outside your 'normal' business hours - but in a lot of instances, you want to help your colleagues, so you'll do it anyways - within reason, obviously). It's fast paced with priorities shifting daily sometimes and even the monotonous tasks vary. You will not be bored here and that might be a deterrent for some. You'll work cross departmentally and sometimes be asked to help or complete tasks that don't fit your job description exactly. But you'll have ample opportunity to ask for help and direction and it really will help you learn more and build relationships with colleagues. Being that startup environment, pay in some departments/roles may not fit the Austin expectation. But other benefits like options, insurance, 401K, bi-annual reviews, 4-5 weeks PTO, bank holidays, etc. are competitive. From what I've heard, experiences vary a bit by department. So really do your research - look on LinkedIn for recommendations for/by people you'll work for/with. Reach out to past and current employees. Everyone will have a different experience, but I think that you'll be able to identify consistencies that help with your decision.

Continue reading

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for. No where else I've ever worked recognizes and promotes talent as much. Whether you perceive yourself as a large or small cog, your ability to enact change is hugely encouraging and motivating. Brightpearl really looks after their staff too - paid social events, and complementary healthy food and drinks to keep at your best, physically and mentally.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives to say about Brightpearl.

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborate space, Overall friendly atmosphere, There is a big startup vibe to the company so every single person contributes to the company and is crucial to our success.

Cons

Some members are a bit green, but management's goal is to foster an environment where people can learn more about the role and industry and be mentored by more senior employees

Continue reading
  5. "Great opportunity to learn and grow, if you are up for it"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong product with very clear vectors for growth. Dynamic international team fueled by desire to move fast; growth and innovation is all. Opportunities to learn, own, and deliver are everywhere - yours if you want them. Very sociable, multi-cultural atmosphere. People are extremely passionate about success of their teams. Downtown office with downtown perks; fun office crowd with rich social life - hanging out after work is a norm.

Cons

As a startup, the company is laser focused on growth and disruption of the market; this requires a certain degree of creative chaos and often leaves alignment, structure, and base levels of Maslow's pyramid on the sidelines. There is constant action - if you cannot thrive in a hustle, it will not be an easy gig.

Continue reading

"Favoritism within roles that need to be handled by (senior) professionals."

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company to work for if you're trying to improve your professional skills and learn about the do's and don'ts. -Great start-up culture; however, you will find that if you're not in the likes of your managers you will not be provided guidance to move up the chain of command or you stay in the same position as you started. -Room for growth (in some departments).

Cons

-Favoritism and greenness of crucial team members. Employees are jumping off the ship. -More guidance from upper management instead of being told "Go talk to this 'person' and see how they did it". That is not a leader, that is a boss. -Very much of a "Boys' Club" culture. -Leadership roles need to be filled by senior level employees.

Brightpearl Response

October 24, 2019Office Operations Manager

While are are never eager to hear that someone has had a negative experience at Brightpearl, we do recognize that feedback like this allows us to address concerns that we may not be aware of if an employee does not share while they’re here. HR, executive leadership and our managers are available for all employees that have any concerns or suggestions and we actively and publicly encourage communication by providing opportunity in all staff meetings and one to ones. We even have a channel that provides an employee a way to submit suggestions or concerns anonymously, if that is more comfortable. Brightpearl prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer that promotes a positive culture which rewards all employees who exemplify our values. Recognized/Rewarded employees are nominated by their peers once a quarter for demonstrating values and are publicly praised for these actions. Our leadership team stands behind this program. Our team brings together various industry and professional experiences and encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst teams and promotes a teaching culture. Brightpearl uses multiple factors to aid in placing an employee in a role where he/she will have the most opportunity to be successful and add value to the organization.

"Great company with solid leadership"

4.0
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work life balance and leadership that cares.

Cons

Benefits could be better

"Great Sales Environment"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

-generous benefits/ PTO (that they actually want you to use) -fantastic managers who dedicate themselves to 1:1 time with each employee -room for growth within the organization -paid volunteer opportunities -cool product that helps our customers grow

Cons

-downtown office does mean that parking can be a bit of an issue- the company does help with the cost, but employees do still end up paying out of pocket -no 401k match

"Great Perks and Benefits"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for more than a year

Pros

for a smaller company, their benefits are great and competitive with the market. i really enjoy the collaboration on my team. there are a lot of avenues to give feedback

Cons

typical growing pains of smaller companies, but they're open about it. never try to hide anything from their employees

"Top Tech Company in Austin"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture revolves around confidence, curiosity, and being customer-first. The environment is fun, innovative and productive team vibe and that has created a positive work environment. Initiative is highly encouraged and employees share values and goals with transparency. The vision is clearly communicated with local and Global All Hands meetings monthly so that we are efficient and purpose driven. Learning and development opportunities for all, regular socials, team-building activities, and organized volunteering events are a bonus.

Cons

This is a rapidly growing company and you need to be able to adapt well to change in direction.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 English Reviews