Brightpearl Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 6, 2019

4.1
Derek O'Carroll

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are some great people working" (in 5 reviews)

• "Good startup culture, work life balance and flexibility" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company that never has enough people to do everything and not enough time either" (in 3 reviews)

• "Bottom line, the senior leadership team is untrustworthy" (in 2 reviews)

"Top Tech Company in Austin"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture revolves around confidence, curiosity, and being customer-first. The environment is fun, innovative and productive team vibe and that has created a positive work environment. Initiative is highly encouraged and employees share values and goals with transparency. The vision is clearly communicated with local and Global All Hands meetings monthly so that we are efficient and purpose driven. Learning and development opportunities for all, regular socials, team-building activities, and organized volunteering events are a bonus.

Cons

This is a rapidly growing company and you need to be able to adapt well to change in direction.

"High energy, great opportunities"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time

Pros

Brightpearl is a great place to work. We have high energy, everyone is motivated to be successful as a team and we have fun social events too.
    The benefits are competitive.
    There are opportunities to move to new roles within the company and gain broader experience and also to collaborate across teams on projects.
    Brightpearl has just invested in a new learning platform that gives everyone full access to high quality training materials to support their development plans and goals.
    The Executive team and leaders are approachable and accessible to everyone.

Cons

There has been a lot of change over the past 2 years, but for the better! People have to be OK with a fast pace and able to work proactively and using their own initiative.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize great performance.
    Keep communicating openly with the team. It is appreciated!

"Great position for someone who is willing to learn and move forward"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced with willing individuals to learn and share their knowledge.

Cons

Start-up culture is very present. But as the company grows, you can see it very much being a great company to work for.

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product is improving, very slowly

Cons

Company lies to its employees and to its customers. You can't trust them on their word, even when it comes to things like pay. People are ruthless and unfriendly.

"New changes for the better"

Current Employee - TAM in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - TAM in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office moved to Austin, Tx to increase communication hours with UK office. We are hiring more customer success associates to support our growing clientele - the CS and Pro Serve teams set us apart from other ERP systems - clients are responding well to the added personal touch they receive with us. The US teams have also redefined different roles in the company and have clarified much of their internal protocols.

Cons

The US office still has a start up feel. You need to communicate well and ask a lot of questions, no one is going to hold your hand. You need to be okay with plans changing and being pulled off a project to help with something that may not be in your job description.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep building out CS teams. Maybe add some more product managers and developers stateside.

"Great high growth tech company, with loads of opportunities for growth"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brightpearl has one of the best product and engineering teams I've ever worked with - and it helps every facet of the business. The growth of the company is proof of that. There is a ton of room for growth and career advancement if one is eager and wants to take on the work to do so. Working for a company like Brightpearl, you get the benefit of having the growth and culture of a tech startup, with the experience of leadership that normally comes with a much bigger and established public company. There are great opportunities to build your personal brand as well as be an asset to the company if you are willing to contribute.

Cons

Brightpearl is a high growth tech company, and we are building fast. Many people are wearing multiple hats - but it also allows employees to step up and move up their career. Nothing is handed to you - but you can definitely learn a lot and get some great experience. As a fast paced company, dealing with two different cultural headquarters can have its challenges, but nothing that can't be worked through. The only major con is the difference in cultural understanding of benefits, for the US which is very different than the UK.

Advice to Management

There could be a bit more communication of the timelines and what is going on, but everyone is very approachable and it is great to work with people so knowledgeable in this ecosystem.

"Exciting times at Brightpearl"

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time

Pros

We are experiencing major growth, we understand our objectives. There is major support from leadership. They make the tough decision and work tirelessly to make sure that Brightpearl is running smoothly. Derek is a fantastic leader. He has been with Brghtpearl for two years and has given Brightpearl a fighting chance. I couldn't ask for a better CEO that will take the time to know your name, and listen to your feedback and support your goals to grow with the company. On top of leading the company and handling major things. Not other companies are like that. You get to work with amazing talent and bright people. We just call them Brightpearls. It is a good time to be working with Brightpearl as we grow and continue to become known.
    As with every start-up there are growing pains.
    Do you wear multiple hats? yes! Do you sometimes need to go out and figure out stuff on your own? Yes? Make new process? Yes Yes and Yes. However, why is this a bad thing? You want to be challenged, you want to grow. You want to gain support and respect from leadership? Then Sometimes you need to go into situations that make you uncomfortable. But know that you will be supported.
     There is a lot of work to be done here and we are shaking up the ERP industry!

Cons

No cons at all. This is a great company.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the goals and objectives that Brightpearl has accomplished and will accomplish. Keep it up with the One on One with senior leadership.
    These are very helpful!

"Fast pace. Exciting place to work. Everyone is expected to deliver."

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time

Pros

Brightpearl is going places. They are growing fast. They do not micro manage me and allow me to submit ideas to shape my department and the company . The CEO makes the time to speak to every employee on each visit to Austin to listen to our feedback and knows everyone by name. They expect results. Great place to work if you have a point to prove but not a typical 9 to 5.

Cons

CEO expects results! They don’t waste time with poor performance and exit under performance quickly. This makes some people paranoid about their job security. You MUST let us know if we are performing so paranoia does not set in. They should consider their interview process to find the right people. It’s too relaxed based on my own experiences.

Advice to Management

You clearly need to hire better. Interview process should find A players only, else you will continue to receive poor feedback from those who are not performing.

We all need to be part of the strategy and the roadmap. We don’t understand it sometimes.

"Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Brightpearl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UK based company and the training for the US office was done abroad. Very tightly knit, dynamic team, with a great experienced sales manager. This is an exciting space to be, as the e-commerce market continues to soar.

Cons

Having started in the UK, the product still reflects a focus on that market. Though it is heavily used in the US, there are some clear improvements to be made before it is widely adopted.

Advice to Management

Encourage mistakes and downsides to be raised in meetings. This will then bring upon improvements.

"Great start up culture. Improvements to be made, but heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brightpearl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Tight-knit group with a start up vibe
    - Resources of a 13 year old company (founded in UK, but US business is more start-up-y)
    - Green pastures ahead, with a big market cap
    - Right steps are being taken to make company grow exponentially

Cons

- Having HQ across the pond can be difficult
    - Some common problems of start-ups are present

Advice to Management

Continue to improve internal processes and increase U.S. autonomy